News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Deja vu

Started by zman9000, 03, November, 2012, 08:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

We all get it, some people more then others, I my self get it multiple times a day. There is a scientifically explainable reason for this.

"young people do mostly because the brain is still developing neural pathways and you can have a "short circuit" which sends information to the long term memory instead of the short term memory when it occurs making you think you remember it...
also, older people get it too from time to time when they drink a lot or use drugs and kill brain cells which makes the brain change the way it works. also when your'e tired or dehydrated or stressed, the brain may not work 100% the way it's supposed to."

Now I figured this out on my own years ago and when I looked it up I was right. However there were several things i remember that were so detailed that it can't be the work on a brain miscalculation.

My best example would be I remember a time when I was 9 or younger, and I had invited some friends over but they couldn't make it. so I got on the computer and played a random game which I loved. skip forward 2 years or so to me being 11 and a new game just came out, I got a CD that that was the demo CD since the game wasn't out yet. When looking at the box I thought "O this must be the next game after that other game I played a few times in the past." while remembering the first level in detail. I then put the game in and realized it was the same. Though at the time I just thought that a beta demo was just a few levels from the game because I remembered playing more then the 3 levels the demo had. skip forward 6 more years to me in high school. I was home schooled and had no internet before this actual high school thing. and at some point I had downloaded a game and started playing it. I had a flashback of the game and remembering remembering playing it. and now with some knowledge of games, everything clicked and got scared. I realized I played a Command & Conquer game, once a year before it was even worked on, and then again when in beta. when I got home I hooked up the old computer and found the game was not on it and not only that but the demo was nowhere to be found nor did anyone in my family remember the game.

I've talked about this before many times, I may have even made a topic to talk about it, or that could just be more deja vu.
I made this topic for people to post their strangest Deja vu moments like my deja vu inception moment here.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Durza

It's not really deja vu, but about once a month I have a dream which then happens the next day. It's kind of annoying that it's never anything useful like lotto numbers or something, it's just the next chapter in a book I'm reading or which goat will try attack me when my back's turned. Of course, the problem is that they never seem much different to my normal dreams, so I only remember them after the thing's already happened. So they're not exactly useful.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

RagnarokEmissary

QuoteIt's kind of annoying that it's never anything useful like lotto numbers or something

And then you only win a fiver when it happens.

zman9000

Quotewhich goat will try attack me when my back's turned.

Um... ok? waaat?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Knight of Purgatory

By goat I assume he means person, which dude will try to backstab him. Am I right?
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

RagnarokEmissary

Quote from: Knight of Purgatory on 04, November, 2012, 05:34:26 PM
By goat I assume he means person, which dude will try to backstab him. Am I right?
But... he said goat... not person...

Can a goat backstab you, anyway? I don't know >_>

zman9000

goats do have horns and they do love ramming things... so... But still what the hell? is it really that common a problem? lol?

Kain

Considering the way the sentence plays out, it makes me think Durza lives near a mountain area or has a farm with goats on it and is worried that they will attack.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Jiten

Quote from: RagnarokEmissary on 04, November, 2012, 06:02:15 PM
Quote from: Knight of Purgatory on 04, November, 2012, 05:34:26 PM
But... he said goat... not person...

Can a goat backstab you, anyway? I don't know >_>

If they try that, that goat will be part of my Goat Pancake Surprise Casserole.

Robert Joe

Quote from: zman9000But still what the hell? is it really that common a problem? lol?

Is it a common problem?! Rouge Goat Attacks are the main reason that I do not leave my house without at least a Type II ballistic vest!  Those Attack Goats are highly-trained killing machines! They have been trained to use every single weapon in the world, including things like rocket-propelled grenade launchers and miniguns, and they are proficient in every single form of martial art known to man. You never know when a Rouge Attack Goat is going to materialize out of thin air and ambush you....

As for Deja Vu, I experience it quite often. Although recently I ha-*Enemy encounter sound*

See!? See?! I told you about the Rouge Goat Attacks!
Okay, okay. I am done with the Goat Attack jokes. I just needed to get that one in...

zman9000

well I see. there wouldn't happen to be some goat resistance would there?

Also I'm having some Deja vu about talking about goats ruling the world or something... wtf?

Durza

Quote from: zman9000 on 04, November, 2012, 08:01:30 PM
goats do have horns and they do love ramming things... so... But still what the hell? is it really that common a problem? lol?
Common enough. My family has a few goats and I have to check on them twice a day.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Knight of Purgatory

Well this topic derailed quickly lol...
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

zman9000

it derailed but not really. having a dream and then having it come true is kinda like deja vu.

Because its possible that after the thing happened you mistakenly remembered it happening as a dream.
remember what I said in my first post
Quote"young people do mostly because the brain is still developing neural pathways and you can have a "short circuit" which sends information to the long term memory instead of the short term memory when it occurs making you think you remember it...
also, older people get it too from time to time when they drink a lot or use drugs and kill brain cells which makes the brain change the way it works. also when your'e tired or dehydrated or stressed, the brain may not work 100% the way it's supposed to."

mecurylighthouse

today i saw this photo (of a scenery) in a doctors office and couldnt remeber where id seen it (other than his office i know i saw it before ) but turns out i have while playing final fantasy V earlier i realized the background of the battle  i was in was almost exactly the same (i smell a lawsuit if the photograoher knew) so yeah maybe daja vu is just a memory maybe from some thing before one could remeber studies have show babies dont retian memory of many things until they learn language comprehension or at least around the same period of growth
:Isaac: WHY!!!!!!...
                               :Felix: ...ummmm because

zman9000

Well I get deja vu a lot but there are a few things that are so specific or I predict something i shouldn't be able to that I then go... woa what the hell?
Like me remembering playing a game two years before it came out and was only in development for a year and a half. and I even remembered what the next levels would be.

And I'm sure I didn't dream it because of certain details about it, and the fact that I always know a dream is a dream because for some reason what i see in my dream is always slightly blurry or smudged.

mecurylighthouse

what part of MAYBE did you not get that was just a theory there

zman9000

no i wasn't calling you out, I was just saying that's kinda deja vu but MY OWN EXPERIENCES with deja vu are a lot weirder... which is one of the reasons I made this topic to see if anyone else had some crazy thing happen.

mecurylighthouse

Ok maybe using caps lock wasnt my best idea i wasnt call you out either I was just pointing that out

Rolina

I occasionally get this from time to time.  It's particularly bad when you get the feeling you're repeating a whole day.