News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Mushroom Kingdom Fusion

Started by Robert Joe, 13, November, 2012, 06:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Joe

http://fusionfangaming.spriters-resource.com/index.php?board=1.0

I was wondering if anyone else had played this game before. It is essentially a Mario-style Platformer with crossovers and references to pretty much every game imaginable. Although it is still incomplete, it is quite entertaining, and has a large number of levels.

Of course, you are probably asking "Are there any Golden Sun references"? While there are a few in World 5, you cannot play as Isaac or anything. But, I did make a character skin a while ago when I was lacking an internet connection and had nothing else better to do. And I thought that even though it sucks, I might as well share it with you guys:

[spoiler]

It replaces Link, and everything is completed except for the Sci-fi Suit.

Without any Powerup, the character is Isaac. Not much else to say here.

The Fire Flower Equivalent Powerup will turn Isaac into Felix, who can throw boomerangs since he is a re-texture of Boomerang Link.

The Hammer Bros Suit Equivalent Powerup is Garet, who can throw bombs.

The Raccoon Leaf Equivalent is Sheba, who can fly and fire Whirlwind tornadoes.

The Tanooki Suit is Mia, who is capable of flight and can use Frost to attack.

While not a Mega Man reference, the Mega Man Suit is Pyro Jenna (Or alternatively; "The Pyro reveals her true identity"). Jenna gains the Team Fortress 2 Pyro's Flamethrower, Flaregun, and Fire Axe. She also gains a Megaman-style slide move.

The Demon Suit will result in Wheat Sword Hamma, who can use the legendary weapon as the most powerful melee weapon available in the game (Although I have no idea how she manages to swing the bloody thing. Since it is, what? Twice her size or something?). Why Hamma? Because all of the playable characters were already used for other powerups, (Piers is going to get the Sci-Fi Suit) and I thought that Hamma would be the most logical choice, since she could have easily ended up being a playable character if it were not for the entire "For balance, eight characters, two of each element" thing.

Finally, the Soldier Suit is Technic Ivan, who gains abilities from various Minecraft mods such as Industrialcraft (Hey, I made the character skin. What do you expect?). His main attack is a Mining Laser, which will inexplicably defy the laws of physics (Beyond just not acting like a laser and having a slow-moving projectile) and place a Buildcraft Landmark wherever it hits, which can be jumped on. Sadly, while he is wearing a Quantum Suit, it does not give him total immunity like it would in Minecraft. Perhaps he forgot to charge it...

As I said before, Piers is going to get the Sci-Fi suit. He is probably going to be Forerunner (An ancient, advanced, and somewhat Lemurian-like race from the Halo series) Piers. But I have yet to think of something that does not look incredibly stupid (Even compared to my other garbage-quality sprites), so I will finish that later.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6afhk1i67dl3663

[/spoiler]

And yes, I am aware that this character skin is not very good, a lot of the walking cycles look weird and many of the sprites can be shaky at times. But I still thought that I should share it, since otherwise it would have just sat on my hard drive doing absolutely nothing until this computer inevitably spontaneously combusts.