News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Effect only (always first) doesn't seem to work.

Started by kamikazetomato, 31, December, 2012, 01:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamikazetomato

Playing/playtesting my modded game and it's hells fun so far, what with 2-turn foes with more HP and psynergy attacks with bonus effects (growth reduces agility, blast may do double damage, etc), but one thing's been bugging me.

I replaced the Pierrot class with the 'Pacifist', which has an attack multiplier of zero and focuses ENTIRELY on support (only Sheba and Mia can equip this class, so Sheba's been playing around with it). One of the abilities she has is the psynergy equivalent of Shade, reducing all damage by half for a turn (it costs a lot of PP, don't worry). But when testing it out, it doesn't actually go first if the enemy is faster. Even though it's specifically checked under Effect only (always first). It's not losing to priority, either, unless Gaia is suddenly a priority attack.

It'd be a real shame if I can't get priority effects, because it sort of ruins the class as well as a few other goodies I put in the game. Any tips?