News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

The Tales series

Started by Aile~♥, 08, June, 2010, 11:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

I wanna get ahold of the PS2 version... apparently it had extra stuff that the GC version didn't have.  But I've got a baaaad feeling it was Japan only...

Charon

I think I know someone with a copy, but she said there were compatibility issues, so you can't play it unless you have a Japanese PS2.

Rolina

Ah, it is Japan only.  That sucks.  Why do the superior versions never get localized? >_>

Now I've got no ToV, because Xbox's reliability sucks.  I've got no ToS, because I have no room for a wii (not in my home nor my budget), and the most recent one I've got is the one everyone else hates, even though I love it. >_>

RTGreece21

QuotePosted by: BlazingPhoenix 
Thanks. I wish I could figure out how to get the white background to go away though. =(

Here ya go. I only fiddled with it for a few seconds though so it might not be the best quality cut.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

i_am_isaac

I only played Tales of Eternia and Tales of the world: radiant mythology and my
brother played tales of phantasia (gba) so i know
only a few characters in the tales series of namco.
Tsk... college life is nice...

BlazingPhoenix

Aile~♥

I've been watching a Tales of Symphonia LP lately, and here's some comments on what I've seen of the game so far:

Anyone else think that Beast Sword Rain is an incredibly lame name for an attack? Why didn't they call it Raining Beast, like they did with Raining Tiger Blade? It would have sounded SOOO much cooler!

And no offence, Zelos fans, but Zelos sucks. He's what one would consider a heavy character, being kinda slower and stronger than Lloyd, but he doesn't even have any attacks with good knockback, and the impact sound for successful hits from Zelos sounds too similar to the sound effect for guarded hits, which makes playing Zelos feel awkward too. No, I don't have the game, but I can already tell that playing Zelos is going to feel awkward. I'll probably just go with Lloyd or Presea when/if I get the game. I don't know about Presea, but I DO know that I really like Lloyd's fighting style.
BTW, Kratos lovers, Regal is where it's at!

Also, Colette's kind of a jerk in a way. She keeps hiding her problems, even when it would be easier for everyone (herself included) if she didn't. And she lies. A LOT. Almost every time she says "I'm fine" in the game, it's a lie. And she says "I'm fine" a lot.

@BlazingPhoenix: lol Lloyd got face hugged.

@Charon (WAY LATE): Item Thief spamming? Really? Stardust Cross and that Para Ball thingy are FAR more spammable! I mean, they're ranged attacks, and they're lots quicker than Item Thief.

When I get ToS1, I'll probably be a Beast Sword Rain-spamming Lloyd. I mean, fast, lots of hits, AND huge knockback? Epicness!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Charon

I know that Item Thief isn't actually that spammable, but it's fun to fall on people in real life and steal their i-Pods

Colette says she's fine so that people don't worry about her. "Oh yeah, I feel like complete s#@& because my soul is going to be discarded so that some lunatic can use my body to resurrect his dead sister". Like THAT'S reassurring (even though she probably doesn't actually know that much... even when it's told to her face upstraight).

Aile~♥

Whenever she tells Lloyd "I... I'm fine" he should throw Dwarven Vow #11 at her. ("Lying is the first step down the path of thievery.")

She probably wouldn't phrase it quite the way you did right there, but she'd probably say, "Well... I... Lloyd... When this journey is over, I'm going to die."

And of course Lloyd, him with his epic sense of morals, would completely overreact.

And wait why do you Item Thief people in real life? Why not Pow Hammer them, or Torrential Para Ball them?

*slice, slice, slice* "Ray Thrust!" "Torrential Para Ball!" /epicspammycombo

P.S. Never thought I'd be caught saying this, but Presea's kinda cute when she smiles. Unfortunately, she doesn't do that too often.

Charon

...BECAUSE I DUN HAVE POW HAMMERS/PARA BALLS D:<

Wait, Colette's already a thief, so I don't think the Dwarven Vows really mean anything to her. Of course, she's such a ditz, she wouldn't even know them if she studied them.

Aile~♥

They don't mean anything to her? Then why does she quote them after battle?

Genis: "Dwarven Vow #7!"
Colette: "Justice and love will always win!"
Lloyd: "Ugh! I hate that saying!"

And in ToS2:

Genis: "Dwarven Vow #7!"
Colette: "Goodness and love will always win!"
Lloyd: "'Goodness'... It just doesn't sound cool."

Also, greatest weapon ever: Pow Hammer DX.

I wish Emil and Marta had gag weapons like that in ToS2.

Charon

Well, maybe she's selective.

Aile~♥

Y'know what's the best tech ever? Endless Infliction!

It's just so spammable! I mean, the last hit leads absolutely perfectly into the start of another one!