News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Signatures - Help! What am I like as an adept? I can't decide!

Started by Rolina, 20, January, 2013, 09:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

So the question has popped up quite often when I talk to people...

"I don't know what I'd be like as an adept..."
or
"I can't decide what I want to be"
or
"I dunno lol"

Well guess what?  I've developed a questionnaire that can help you decide!  All you have to do is fill it out, and I will give you my honest opinion as to what, from the answers you gave, you should be as an adept.  This includes your Build, your Element, your Fundament, and your Class' Role in the Party.  When taking the survey, please provide answers for as much as you can - the answers in every part of the survey will affect the result, so try not to leave any blanks!

Also, for questions that give you a choice of answers, you MUST pick one of the answers - for example, on the first question, you cannot answer "I would be a hybrid fighter", simply because there's no such thing in Golden Sun.  Even physical fighters cast spells, so by definition that would qualify them for hybrid.  If no options are given, please answer to the best of your ability, and most importantly honestly.

This questionnaire has no right or wrong answers, and by posting answers that you think I want to hear, it undermines the whole process, and you'll get a result that doesn't fit you at all!  Also, remember - this is just a recommendation.  It's up to you whether or not you follow it.

• What do you want to be as an adept?  A physical fighter, or a spellcaster?
  • Pick one of the following:  Axe, Spear, Scythe
  • Pick one of the following:  Bow, Scythe, Ankh
  • What do you value in armor?  Protection, Mobility, or Power Boosts?
  • What are your favorite Unleashes from the games?  List up to three.
  • What are your favorite class EPAs from the games (spells like Ragnarok and Shuriken that get more powerful as your attack stat goes up)?  List up to three.
  • What are your favorite base damage spells from the games (all damaging spells that aren't EPAs)?  List up to 3.
  • What are your favorite summons?  List up to 3.
  • In terms of appearance, not ability, what are your favorite Djinni designs from Dark Dawn?  List up to 3.  References can be found here: Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury.
  • Which adepts from the games were your favorites?  List up to 3.
  • A good friend of yours is in the middle of an argument with someone you don't know.  You don't know the circumstances, nor the context of the argument.  What do you do?
  • Someone posted something on the web you think is wrong, and are adamant in their stance.  What do you do?
  • Someone approaches you, intending to start a fight of some sort (does not have to be physical).  What do you do?
  • You have an important errand to run, and need to use the car.  Your roommate also has an important errand that they need to do, but needs to go in the opposite direction. Both of these errands aren't wants, but needs, and are equally important to both parties.  What do you do?  (assume for the sake of the question that you can drive, and that there's only one car between the two of you)
  • A close friend of yours is upset.  Many hurtful things were said about them earlier in the day by someone you both know.  What do you do?
  • Someone you really, really do not like from high school turns out to be going to the same college as you.  What do you do?
  • A bully has been picking on you for some time now.  You've reached a breaking point, and have to do something, anything about it.  What do you do?  You cannot choose "ignore him" or some variant of that response for the sake of this question.
  • You overhear a group of coworkers gossiping about a new employee.  However, you know this new employee, and know that what they're saying about them to be false.  What do you do?
  • Two of your closest friends are in a bitter argument against one another, but neither one of them is really in the wrong or in the right.  What do you do?
  • You meet someone on the road, genuinely in bad financial shape (read:  not faking it).  You have some spare change, but you're not rich either - you're actually running low on funds until your paycheck comes next week.  You can make it to the next week if you give them some spare change, but it'll be much tougher than if you hadn't... What do you do?