Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 19, 2018, 11:01:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (Sign-Ups and OOC Disc.) The Missing Children  (Read 1922 times)
Silverpine
Iron Lady

New User

Coins: 0

« on: January 22, 2013, 09:20:50 AM »

In the port town of Seaside, young children have mysteriously been disappearing over the past two weeks. Every morning, a family would wake up to find one of their children missing from their bed. Only a few leaves in their rooms left a clue as to what happened to them, but, otherwise, there was nothing. No sign of a struggle, no blood, not even a note. They were just... gone. And no one knows why.

What is this.. thing?

This is a story-based roleplay with a mystery theme. I created this in hopes of helping people learn how to roleplay in a simple, but structured story. You will create and control a character who will get involved in solving the mystery in whatever way would work in their interests. You do not have to get involved in the beginning since you all don't have to start out together, but it would be great to start off strong!

No combat experience is necessary for your character, although your character can totally have those skills. I will play the towns people and whatever else needs to be done for the story to unfold mysteriously. I know the answer to the mystery, but who knows what'll come up as we play together...?

Setting

The setting takes place in the summer of AU-our world in the 1970's, where WWII and all those terrible things did not happen. Imagine a smaller, less techy Stockholm, especially with the architecture, and then you'd get a good idea of what Seaside is like. Seaside is in a somewhat northern zone, with fairly hot summers. But, the ocean breeze helps keep the temperature down, and makes it all windy-like, especially since it's kinda up north. Overall, it's a great place for people to live, if they like seafood and the ocean.

The town, has a bustling marketplace with many specialties, but business has been going down since news of its troubles have been spreading around the area. There is a port where many ships come in and out from all sorts of locations. Because of the high amount of merchants, seamen, and travelers, there are many inns and good restaurants, as well as a good mix of cultures due to the communities (think of something like Chinatown) that live there.

There aren't that many children around nowadays, and people are generally fearful. Some families have moved out to protect their children from the threat.

There are only humans in this town. People cannot have magic, but there are some magical things that happen in the world (usually without their notice).

By the way, Seaside's signature dish is clam chowder. Yum.

Guildelines

There won't be that many since this is sorta meant to be a simple roleplay. But, there's always guidelines of some sort!

1. Keep in mind that some people won't be able to post as often. If they haven't done anything in a long while, something would have to be done, but if things go at a lightning pace, then try to hold back. Be patient. We all need a chance to post and keep up! :)

2. Try to keep OOC (Out of Character) discussions here! Pleeeaassseee...? It's okay to make small comments while roleplaying, but longer discussions with more than two participants should be posted in this thread.

3. When you first post, it'd be good to get a sense as to where you're starting out. There are several places you can begin (but don't be limited to these places! Seaside is a growing town, so there are many starting areas. Be creative!):
  • The port and docks
  • An inn, hotel, or tavern
  • The Town Square
  • The local elementary school
  • Just outside the town
  • (Your choice)
Please mark where you begin in your first post! I will be posting descriptions of the places I listed above in the RP thread so you aren't completely lost when choosing where to go. Creating your own place would take more work, but it will hopefully pay off!

If you want to start off with someone else, plan it with them somehow. :D I highly recommend that you start with other people, just so you are guaranteed to be roleplaying with someone (especially if I can't reply quickly enough). Plus, it's more fun!

Characters

Oh boy, the best part! Make a character to explore this interesting world! Post the following when you sign-up in this thread:

Name:
Appearance: This includes physical appearance, clothing, etc.
Possessions: Whether this is a hole in the ground or a gold locket, list whatever your character owns.
Occupation(s): This is optional, since not all characters need to have one.
Basic Motivation(s): If it's not spoilerific to share your character's motivation(s), then feel free to tell us!

I will probably add more on to this as I get more rest. I'm really tired. @_@ If you want, you may add on to this and be as elaborate as you possibly can.

List of people who want in

I will take as many people as I can! You don't have to get involved right away, either.

I will set-up more setting threads and whatnot if there is enough interest in this.
View Profile
Kioll
Pyromancer

I'm a Mars Adept! You know, red hair, bad temper?

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 04:59:14 AM »

Very nice setting.  If I wasn't kinda mixed up in other things, I'd try to join.  My problem is that I'm always busy and rarely remember to check for new posts on forums, so I probably wouldn't be around enough to make it worth the time, anyways.  That said, if you really want to catch peoples' attentions, you might want to try doing something based on Golden Sun.  But overall, really good idea!  I commend you.

I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 06:06:43 AM »

I am not sure about joining. I'm thinking I might mess up the story, but I guess we'll see.

I suppose I could at least participate in some minor events. So here is the character idea I have for myself.

Name: Teawater
Appearance: Male, white skin, dark hair (not black), grey jacket, shirt, tan jeans, white shoes, about 120 lbs, about 5'5"(?)
Possessions: Teawater (A drink that my character likes to offer to people when trying to be friendly with them.); and anything else I'm not sure about.
Occupation(s): ?
Basic Motivation(s): To make the entire world become vegetarian, just like himself. -- (Not sure if this goes here.)

I am not sure where my character will begin yet.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:37:47 AM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
OmegaMinion
The Overlord Of Fail

The Overlord Of Fail

New User

I am: Attempting to beat Golden Sun.

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 06:47:57 AM »

If this is still happeninng, I would like to join:

Name: Jack Hunter

Appearance: Not exactly well built, but not a twig either, part Native American part Russian, 6'0, black hair. Dark grey T-shirt, Blue Jeans, and Steel toe boots.

Possessions: M1-Carbine, 100 rounds of amunition, Three loaded magazines,Slighty faded red Ford Pickup 1999, crowbar, kicker (tool), carpet iron (tool), seam tape (tool), sunglasses, two rolls of cheap black carpet, and one roll of cheap carpet pad.

Occupation(s): Lays carpet.

Starts outside a small apartment building.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:00:51 PM by OmegaMinion » Logged

I am The Overlord Of Fail, your argument is invalid. 
Not changing my sig untill ShellCore Command EP3 is made [7-26-2012]
View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
January 17, 2018, 04:07:51 PM
KyleRunner: :D
January 16, 2018, 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise