News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Thorns and Roses

Started by Silverpine, 22, January, 2013, 04:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverpine

At my university, I used to be a Freshman Assistant. This means I helped new students get used to college life in general. One thing we focused on was making them feel comfortable and chummy with one another, and we used games to help this process along.

Thorns and Roses is an interesting game that my fellow employees use to get to know their Freshmen better. It's voluntary, and it helped people share things that were important to them, personally.

Basically, you start off with a thorn, or something unpleasant, then follow-up with something great that happened (a rose). You can share more than one for each, but it'd be good to keep thorns to a minimum. I hope this thread helps people not only vent about their day, but to share the little things that made them happy~

I'll start.

Rose: Had some yummy sushi and miso soup for lunch. I love eating these sorts of things (*coughnotbecauseI'mAsiancough*), and I never get tired of them. I guess I like shrimp sushi the best, although I love all sorts... especially salmon.

Thorn: Haven't gotten much sleep over the last couple of days due to stress about various things. It's gonna affect my schoolwork, for sure...

Rose: Was able to spend some quality time with a friend who is like a big bro to me. We were able to share some private things about ourselves, and it was refreshing. I'm glad he was able to open up to me like that.

That'll do for now.

Wolf

Rose: A hacker used a global team hack to max my team member's levels in an old online game.  This happened on another game a few days later.

Thorn: Due to the low security on older releases the battles online in the previously released games are basically run by hacking kings and queens.  Finding a game without some sort of mod being used can be difficult.  However this can boost the experience once in a while.  (The space jump with super speed and infinite explosives battle was intense!)

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Thorn: I'm not sure what game(s) Wolf is talking about.

Rose: I'm glad to see a new member join GSHC! (Not much happens at GSHC.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)