Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 17, 2018, 07:03:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: U.s. "security"  (Read 6249 times)
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 01:00:00 AM »

I meant as a species.  We're so eager to kill each other over petty things that AS A SPECIES, the human race is the most suicidal.

View Profile WWW
Charon
On Probation
Veteran Member

Coins: 11

Emblems: GBA Music Expert
Clan Position: Trickster Goddess of Luna

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 01:10:00 AM »

Well, I kind of implied that :\

We fight because we don't need to fight for survival, so we fight over more petty things.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 01:11:00 AM »

We fight because we don't need to fight for survival, so we fight over more petty things.
And in the end, as a species, it means we're pretty much f***ed.

View Profile WWW
MaxiPower
Feed Me Coins!!
Venus Clan

Great Member

Coins: 1

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »

Okay i know alot of you are from America so i aint gonna hate on it but its true that they scare other people from developing Nukes while try and cover up there miltery force (area 51 anyone?)

A few years back they made loads of the big countries to sign a petition to drop all there development programs however they never... so of course the world is afraid, America and there atom bomb proved that they just don't deal out empty vibes

However they way things are going its China we will all will have to look out for... they have the most populated army in the world at the minute and growing...

QUOTE (Charon @ Jul 23 2009, 07:10 PM)

America is in the war for the oil and the money they make of the war economy (selling weapons) and more importantly to test there new gear

This post has been edited by MaxiPower on Jul 27 2009, 01:31 PM
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »

Pretty much. Oh well. Anyway, I still do not really understand why people are being sent to countries, even for those reasons. Why not just try to settle a peaceful negotiation? Then again, it could be more difficult doing that, especially for some countries. Anyway, as long as Canada does not change the way things are (military participation), then I am happy, since I will never HAVE to go.

Anyway, have a nice day.
 Mercury Djinni Set  Mercury Djinni  

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
twocows
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »

China won't attack the US, at the very least. Half of their economy stems from ripping us off. You don't attack your primary source of income unless you're the RIAA.

As for Canada being neutral, while that may be true, if the US gets nuked, the fallout will easily spread across the Canadian border. I'm all for neutrality (I'd love to move to Canada someday), but that doesn't mean you're any safer than anyone else.

This post has been edited by twocows on Aug 9 2009, 12:00 PM
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »

Maxi... you think we're the only ones?  You must be freaking blind.  Also, how are we in the war for the economy?  The war put us 1 TRILLION in dept!  It helped Obama get elected, who QUADRUPLED that debt in 6 Months!

HOW THE HELL do you spend 3 trillion in half a year?!  It took Bush, who was fail enough, 8 YEARS to get us 1 trillion in the hole...

So war for gains in the economy?  Look at the FACTS, boya.  That's a blatant lie.  One cannot gain economic wealth from war.

China is not a threat, not militarily, at least.  Economically?  Hell yes, they pretty much own our economy.  But Militarily?  Pfft.  Yeah, riiiight.  That goes against their own wishes.  I mean, look at us.  We're China's cash cow.  North Korea and Iran, on the other hand, don't freaking care.  They just want to blow up America (and with Iran, they wanna nuke Israel, too).  They don't care about the concept of MAD.  They just want to kill.  

Canada?  You ain't neutral. If we go down, you'll be dragged in this mess, I can guarantee it.  You and Mexico, since you share borders, will suddenly find yourselves with a crapload of refugees and missiles coming to kill them.  You're fates are tied to ours whether you like it or not.  And guess what?  I speak in pretty much all terms here.  Economically, you'll take a hit too.  And don't get me STARTED with healthcare.... after all, y'all come here when you have an emergency.  If our healthcare suddenly looks like yours?  Have fun with your cancer, because you're gonna DIE.

I firmly believe that here in the US, we're screwed.  We're being attacked from so many different kinds of fronts, even from several within ourselves, that there's no way in hell we're not gonna collapse.  I PRAY TO GOD that this isn't the case, but my money is on the US collapsing.

View Profile WWW
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Mercury Clan

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 32

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »

As for Canada being neutral, while that may be true, if the US gets nuked, the fallout will easily spread across the Canadian border. I'm all for neutrality (I'd love to move to Canada someday), but that doesn't mean you're any safer than anyone else.

I agree. If the United States is affected, then we will most likely be affected as well. I am just saying that I would do everything in my power to avoid participating in it (like moving to Antarctica, or maybe even going in a cave for a few years).

Canada? You ain't neutral. If we go down, you'll be dragged in this mess, I can guarantee it.

Just because we might be damaged as well does not mean that we are not neutral. As long as we are not damaged ourselves, then we would probably not try to participate in too many wars (unless with peace keeping missions). Besides, history retells itself. We only joined WW2 because we were attacked. If it were not for the attack, then we would not have participated as early as we did.

And don't get me STARTED with healthcare.... after all, y'all come here when you have an emergency. If our healthcare suddenly looks like yours? Have fun with your cancer, because you're gonna DIE.

We do? I know that for some countries, health care would not work... Look at the population differences. Your New York is almost equal (probably greater) than the population of Canada. It works for us, but it might not work for you (if there are people who go to the United States, that is because they do not want to wait). Technically, Canadian citizens get the attention that they require if they need it (if someone has cancer, then they can get it look at and hopefully cured before it is too late). Besides, I only had to wait for about an hour when I broke my leg, free of charge, so that is fine for me.

As for Mexico, it makes sense for people to go there, but I think it would be more likely to go to Canada (at least with the current H1N1 virus). I know that it is not as serious, but it is only more dangerous because there are currently only new versions of the shots that have hardly been tested.

Anyway, in my opinion, unless there is a war, fewer people would want to attack Canada (not trying to be offensive)...

I firmly believe that here in the US, we're screwed.

Have a nice day.
 Mercury Djinni Set  Mercury Djinni  

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
ChrisButton
Mercury Clan

Coins: 0

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 12:46:16 PM »

War is disgusting. I think nuclear weapons is EXTREMELY selfish.
If you want to kill yourself, go ahead but don't drag everyone else down with you.
Innocent people shouldn't have to die, we're all entitled to live equally and since when
does someone get to choose when someone else dies? On what authority?
That's what makes us human, war. War is all we know.
War makes me so mad.
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise