News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

U.s. "security"

Started by Aile~♥, 22, June, 2009, 06:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocows

China won't attack the US, at the very least. Half of their economy stems from ripping us off. You don't attack your primary source of income unless you're the RIAA.

As for Canada being neutral, while that may be true, if the US gets nuked, the fallout will easily spread across the Canadian border. I'm all for neutrality (I'd love to move to Canada someday), but that doesn't mean you're any safer than anyone else.

This post has been edited by twocows on Aug 9 2009, 12:00 PM

Rolina

Maxi... you think we're the only ones?  You must be freaking blind.  Also, how are we in the war for the economy?  The war put us 1 TRILLION in dept!  It helped Obama get elected, who QUADRUPLED that debt in 6 Months!

HOW THE HELL do you spend 3 trillion in half a year?!  It took Bush, who was fail enough, 8 YEARS to get us 1 trillion in the hole...

So war for gains in the economy?  Look at the FACTS, boya.  That's a blatant lie.  One cannot gain economic wealth from war.

China is not a threat, not militarily, at least.  Economically?  Hell yes, they pretty much own our economy.  But Militarily?  Pfft.  Yeah, riiiight.  That goes against their own wishes.  I mean, look at us.  We're China's cash cow.  North Korea and Iran, on the other hand, don't freaking care.  They just want to blow up America (and with Iran, they wanna nuke Israel, too).  They don't care about the concept of MAD.  They just want to kill.  

Canada?  You ain't neutral. If we go down, you'll be dragged in this mess, I can guarantee it.  You and Mexico, since you share borders, will suddenly find yourselves with a crapload of refugees and missiles coming to kill them.  You're fates are tied to ours whether you like it or not.  And guess what?  I speak in pretty much all terms here.  Economically, you'll take a hit too.  And don't get me STARTED with healthcare.... after all, y'all come here when you have an emergency.  If our healthcare suddenly looks like yours?  Have fun with your cancer, because you're gonna DIE.

I firmly believe that here in the US, we're screwed.  We're being attacked from so many different kinds of fronts, even from several within ourselves, that there's no way in hell we're not gonna collapse.  I PRAY TO GOD that this isn't the case, but my money is on the US collapsing.

Salanewt

QuoteAs for Canada being neutral, while that may be true, if the US gets nuked, the fallout will easily spread across the Canadian border. I'm all for neutrality (I'd love to move to Canada someday), but that doesn't mean you're any safer than anyone else.

I agree. If the United States is affected, then we will most likely be affected as well. I am just saying that I would do everything in my power to avoid participating in it (like moving to Antarctica, or maybe even going in a cave for a few years).

QuoteCanada? You ain't neutral. If we go down, you'll be dragged in this mess, I can guarantee it.

Just because we might be damaged as well does not mean that we are not neutral. As long as we are not damaged ourselves, then we would probably not try to participate in too many wars (unless with peace keeping missions). Besides, history retells itself. We only joined WW2 because we were attacked. If it were not for the attack, then we would not have participated as early as we did.

QuoteAnd don't get me STARTED with healthcare.... after all, y'all come here when you have an emergency. If our healthcare suddenly looks like yours? Have fun with your cancer, because you're gonna DIE.

We do? I know that for some countries, health care would not work... Look at the population differences. Your New York is almost equal (probably greater) than the population of Canada. It works for us, but it might not work for you (if there are people who go to the United States, that is because they do not want to wait). Technically, Canadian citizens get the attention that they require if they need it (if someone has cancer, then they can get it look at and hopefully cured before it is too late). Besides, I only had to wait for about an hour when I broke my leg, free of charge, so that is fine for me.

As for Mexico, it makes sense for people to go there, but I think it would be more likely to go to Canada (at least with the current H1N1 virus). I know that it is not as serious, but it is only more dangerous because there are currently only new versions of the shots that have hardly been tested.

Anyway, in my opinion, unless there is a war, fewer people would want to attack Canada (not trying to be offensive)...

QuoteI firmly believe that here in the US, we're screwed.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

ChrisButton

War is disgusting. I think nuclear weapons is EXTREMELY selfish.
If you want to kill yourself, go ahead but don't drag everyone else down with you.
Innocent people shouldn't have to die, we're all entitled to live equally and since when
does someone get to choose when someone else dies? On what authority?
That's what makes us human, war. War is all we know.
War makes me so mad.