News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

The Golden Teawater Editor Versions

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 29, January, 2013, 02:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Thought maybe this would be: Mod v0.0.1

I shall have my first version be very simple. There should be many bug fixes here. (Some of which I'm not really sure are done correctly?)

Other than bug fixes, I have finally swapped the Class Editor's unknown(s) with Vulnerabilities. I have also placed the "Dropped in transfer" label, for GS2's item editor. (Don't worry, it still shows up as "???" if you use GS1.)

Well, I figure it is time for my release. Hmm... Ofcourse, you could test everything I put in the Changelog.txt, and make sure everything is correct... anyway...
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Crystal Sonata

Downloading to test now :).

Edit: Got an error message, in the data browser I got an error when trying to call up the data for 217 and after (The "Tileset?" boxes). It failed to call the file size.

Oh, and in the about, it shows the year as 2012 under your listing xD. The date shows as today though.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

1: Thanks.

2: Yeah, I left the Data Browser alone for this version.

3: Whoops. Well, it is fixed now.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Oh, good job.  Quick question though - could you clarify what you mean by "Dropped in Transfer"?  I'm assuming it means that it can't be transferred from GS1 to GS2, but I could be wrong...

Correct. That's what it means. It isn't removed until after you exit the party 1 display screen, if I remember correctly. I used the terminology dropped so it doesn't sound like you are removing/un-equipping equipment.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

So, it's literally un-transferrable?  Huh... I didn't know that some item slots couldn't be transferred period...

Aile~♥

Still randomly refuses to open some ROMs. And attempting to open a ROM via click & drag causes the editor to fail to load all of its text and menus.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Did you try putting the ROM in the same folder as the editor?

The initial problem I had found in Atrius's version was that the path was switched to the ROM's directory when it was supposed to be in the Editor's directory, so I'm just making sure if the problem you are having is still the same result.

---

Also, since I can't seem to reproduce the problem, I'll probably need more information for it to get fixed..., so...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Aile~♥

Moving the ROM to the same folder as the Editor solved "click & drag to open" problem. Just wondering, but... can we expect patch support and/or animation type editing in the next release?

Nope.

But I did add in Salanewt's tweak for the Ability Type Values/whatever you want to call them.

Also, maybe a few addition(s) for the Map Editor. Basically layer toggling with keyboard shortcuts. (Ctrl+#)

I currently have displaying of all the three Trigger layers. (The layers used for attaching events to tiles.) - What I noticed was that the ground layer is for the player, the second layer is commonly used for things like.. tile mods, I think.... and the third layer seems to have stuff for the boundaries of where you can move pillars. - (And before anyone asks, Nope, I haven't added height-map support for it yet.)

Also, I've been playing around trying to attempt a method of editing the tilemap's tiles... but I cannot promise if it will be successful or not. (I shrunk the maps list some to fit in the tilesets box, however, it is possible that this box could be used for other things as well, if needed.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Aile~♥

@Ability Type Values: Like, the animation differences between psynergy/physical strikes? If so, WHERE CAN I EDIT THAT. That's what I meant when I said "animation type editing".

Where can you edit it? It hasn't been released yet. (But I suppose I could answer by saying "Grab a hex editor.", and noting that Salanewt posted a topic here about it relating to some stuff I posted at YL before.)

So...

Animation Type
Animation Index
Animation Argument

Not sure if Animation Type would be the best name for it, since it can do a bit more. (Like Fleeing, for example.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Aile~♥

Both the Sequential Pattern types are labelled "sequential pattern
  • ", so it's still impossible to distinguish between the two.

In this modded release, I started over so that I could have the changelog be 100% accurate. However, it looks like I kept the language.ini file I edited prior... Hmm, I guess I'll fix that then.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

OmegaMinion

Uh, It say "The Lost Age" And "bugfix" Does this mean that I need an older version, and does it work for the original Golden Sun?
I am The Overlord Of Fail, your argument is invalid. 
Not changing my sig untill ShellCore Command EP3 is made [7-26-2012]

VanishMantle

I apologize in advance if this against the rules posting (basically reviving a dead/old thread) here But i had a question about this editor.

What exactly are the vulnerabilities. I want to think it means the class has a great chance of being hit with that status but I am not sure if that is really the case. If there could be some clarification that would be fantastic.

QuoteI apologize in advance if this against the rules posting (basically reviving a dead/old thread) here But i had a question about this editor.
If it was against the rules, I'd be like "Shame on this forum!" and run mad... and probably leave sooner like Salanewt. But it is good that it is okay.

If I remember from my research a long time ago, I believe it was a 25% increased chance of getting the effect when hit with something that gives you the effect. They are also in the Enemy Editor as well, although, I didn't swap those boxes with user-friendly combos.

And I don't think it applies to all ability effects, since some effects have chance rates that may stay static. I really should make a list of the ones that are and aren't static, but figured that would take a long time.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

VanishMantle

Thanks Teawater! That actually is a relief and good to hear. I kind of want to go back though my mods and edit stuff to see how if it works any different but I think I will be move ahead with working on a new mod.

I did not get the chance to look by chance do these work the same in GS1? I read hear that they just come up as ??? in the editor so I am unsure if it can edit those. Also another question but I noticed that the editor actually has like an image viewer and shows like the Hex for the images. I got excited when i saw the import extract function only to get disappointed that it wasn't implemented yet >-<. But anyway my question is do you know of a way to extract and import the title screen of both games. I have longs since been trying to figure out how to do it and I have come up with nothing as of late -____-

I haven't checked GS1 for Vulnerabilities yet, but it is most likely the same there as well.

Yes, I do know of a way, and that way is to program the extraction feature myself. Other than that, one could also just do manual hex editing, but when things like compression comes up, that's not a very logical move when you consider how time consuming that would be. (As for programming the feature, I never said if I'd do it, when I'd do, or how difficult it would be.)

I noticed there is a Hex Editor in the Data Viewer... I don't think it saves to the ROM, though, unfortunately... it also seems to show the data in its uncompressed format, I think, unless I'm mistaken.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Atrius (He/Him)

It does show the uncompressed data, but no it doesn't save it if you edit it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

VanishMantle

Thanks a ton for the info guys. I am thinking of starting another difficulty hack here in a bit but with a bit more consistency then my previous 2 mods.

Goldensunfan10

thanx so much for the Teawater version of GS TLA editor, Teawater  :happy:

um, i noticed that in the sprite section for GS 1/2 that there are some tools for editing the different sprites as well as changing the decompression format: 3,2,1,0 etc.

i tried it export a sprite ex. Ivan 0.gif or png and then tried to import it into Shebia's first sprite, but it couldn't save it etc.

other than this how can sprites for overworld etc for charters in party be changed?

Aile~♥

You could swap their sprites on the map if you can find them. (Sprites used only in cutscenes are typically hidden in the top left corner.) Unfortunately, this probably won't work on the party leader (Isaac or Felix, depending on the game).

Goldensunfan10

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 03, October, 2013, 11:04:24 AM
You could swap their sprites on the map if you can find them. (Sprites used only in cutscenes are typically hidden in the top left corner.) Unfortunately, this probably won't work on the party leader (Isaac or Felix, depending on the game).

Yeah, if I can find the map the protagonists are on (depending on the game) then I can can their map sprite, not sure if map sprite is related to their overall game sprite (throughout the entire game I mean).

I wish there was a feature in gs editor that allows you to change the charater's sprite to a diffrent one for the whole game.

Maybe in a future version? Teawater's version 0.2 perhaps?

Darkylighty

Sorry for coming here with a new threat and just necro-posting such a treat,

but might I ask how can I use the map editor, I've been thinking I could some boss encouter to some aera in the game, like Air rock, the air rock is a very long dongeon and no boss or anything, feel really let down to me.

This topic seems to only have the Bugfix version of what wasn't working in Atrius's editor...
I don't think I uploaded the buggy Map Editor version to this topic.
I believe I linked to the latest version in another topic, I forget which topic that was.
I do not believe it allows you to do any Boss editing... (Except for what Atrius's version already lets you do for editing in the Map Code hex editor.)
And an editor for the encounters of a Map haven't been added, either.

@Necro-posting/bumping: That's perfectly fine with me... as long as it's not double posting with-in a small timeframe... and you have something useful to say/ask.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Lord Wolfram

The topic was called "map editor?"
I was looking for those tools.

Darkylighty

Quote from: Fox on 03, August, 2014, 07:10:59 PM
This topic seems to only have the Bugfix version of what wasn't working in Atrius's editor...
I don't think I uploaded the buggy Map Editor version to this topic.
I believe I linked to the latest version in another topic, I forget which topic that was.
I do not believe it allows you to do any Boss editing... (Except for what Atrius's version already lets you do for editing in the Map Code hex editor.)
And an editor for the encounters of a Map haven't been added, either.

@Necro-posting/bumping: That's perfectly fine with me... as long as it's not double posting with-in a small timeframe... and you have something useful to say/ask.

well thanks, I see now, it is else where, Code hex look very hard to, the only thing I would have to do is put a monster in a place, which would attack when speak to it, and start a boss battle,
Well, If I want to edit boss, we can already do that, that is not hard.
Yeah, the encounters could usefull,  but I doubt it would allow you to do much, but there might be enough free groups to use as possible alternative for new monsters encouters, although the only place i want more monsters is in the last dongeon, and I can live without that, I never ask for that, true, it would be cool, but not needed

OK, thank, I found what you are talking about,but I won,t download that on my linux.