News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

The Golden Teawater Editor Versions

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 29, January, 2013, 02:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanishMantle

Thanks a ton for the info guys. I am thinking of starting another difficulty hack here in a bit but with a bit more consistency then my previous 2 mods.

Goldensunfan10

thanx so much for the Teawater version of GS TLA editor, Teawater  :happy:

um, i noticed that in the sprite section for GS 1/2 that there are some tools for editing the different sprites as well as changing the decompression format: 3,2,1,0 etc.

i tried it export a sprite ex. Ivan 0.gif or png and then tried to import it into Shebia's first sprite, but it couldn't save it etc.

other than this how can sprites for overworld etc for charters in party be changed?

Aile~♥

You could swap their sprites on the map if you can find them. (Sprites used only in cutscenes are typically hidden in the top left corner.) Unfortunately, this probably won't work on the party leader (Isaac or Felix, depending on the game).
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Goldensunfan10

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 03, October, 2013, 11:04:24 AM
You could swap their sprites on the map if you can find them. (Sprites used only in cutscenes are typically hidden in the top left corner.) Unfortunately, this probably won't work on the party leader (Isaac or Felix, depending on the game).

Yeah, if I can find the map the protagonists are on (depending on the game) then I can can their map sprite, not sure if map sprite is related to their overall game sprite (throughout the entire game I mean).

I wish there was a feature in gs editor that allows you to change the charater's sprite to a diffrent one for the whole game.

Maybe in a future version? Teawater's version 0.2 perhaps?

Darkylighty

Sorry for coming here with a new threat and just necro-posting such a treat,

but might I ask how can I use the map editor, I've been thinking I could some boss encouter to some aera in the game, like Air rock, the air rock is a very long dongeon and no boss or anything, feel really let down to me.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

This topic seems to only have the Bugfix version of what wasn't working in Atrius's editor...
I don't think I uploaded the buggy Map Editor version to this topic.
I believe I linked to the latest version in another topic, I forget which topic that was.
I do not believe it allows you to do any Boss editing... (Except for what Atrius's version already lets you do for editing in the Map Code hex editor.)
And an editor for the encounters of a Map haven't been added, either.

@Necro-posting/bumping: That's perfectly fine with me... as long as it's not double posting with-in a small timeframe... and you have something useful to say/ask.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Lord Wolfram

The topic was called "map editor?"
I was looking for those tools.

Darkylighty

Quote from: Fox on 03, August, 2014, 07:10:59 PM
This topic seems to only have the Bugfix version of what wasn't working in Atrius's editor...
I don't think I uploaded the buggy Map Editor version to this topic.
I believe I linked to the latest version in another topic, I forget which topic that was.
I do not believe it allows you to do any Boss editing... (Except for what Atrius's version already lets you do for editing in the Map Code hex editor.)
And an editor for the encounters of a Map haven't been added, either.

@Necro-posting/bumping: That's perfectly fine with me... as long as it's not double posting with-in a small timeframe... and you have something useful to say/ask.

well thanks, I see now, it is else where, Code hex look very hard to, the only thing I would have to do is put a monster in a place, which would attack when speak to it, and start a boss battle,
Well, If I want to edit boss, we can already do that, that is not hard.
Yeah, the encounters could usefull,  but I doubt it would allow you to do much, but there might be enough free groups to use as possible alternative for new monsters encouters, although the only place i want more monsters is in the last dongeon, and I can live without that, I never ask for that, true, it would be cool, but not needed

OK, thank, I found what you are talking about,but I won,t download that on my linux.