News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Ds News/Disscussion/Speculation Thread

Started by Rolina, 02, June, 2009, 12:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

YES!  Thank you, Camelot, thank you E3, for giving us the WONDERFUL news~!  You've won the Internets!

Okay, come here for fanboy/fangirl mode-ing, speculation, discussion, worshiping Camelot, etc...

Aile~♥

The character looks a bit like Isaac. Though I did like the original graphics more. And I hope that it's not a remake. Only a new storyline could compensate for those graphics.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

weckar

It's no secret that this game will decide the future (if any) of the series. Taking the path of Fire Emblem with an ever changing cast and story, Mario RPG with the same (kinda)  continuing cast and story or choose the middle ground like pok

twocows

This news just made the rest of E3 useless for me. I was satisfied with Left 4 Dead 2, Star Wars: Old Republic footage, and Assassin's Creed 2, but this just overshadowed all that at least ten thousand fold. For me, nothing can top this; they could find an easy solution for world hunger and stop all wars forever and find a way for people to become immortal (optionally), and I'd still care less.

The graphics look fine to me. I may have preferred a 2d environment, but that's the best I've ever seen 3d pulled off on a DS game, and it's not even a final version. I'm sure it's not a remake, either, or the release date wouldn't be so far off (and it probably wouldn't have made the E3 conference).

weckar

true, true... Anyone else thinking we may be diving into a legacy thing here? It kinda looks to be Isaac, but then again... A son of his perhaps? With JENNA? (Die Shipping!)

Seraphinox

I bet it will be the Children or next generation of this generation(felix etc), Ie continuing the story with new characters  

Rolina

The dude is DRESSED like Isaac, but he doesn't look like him.  Unless they totally redesigned the characters, then I doubt it's Isaac...

But DAMMIT, what about our Venus Mage?  I hope at least for a Jupiter Fighter...

Edit:

Charon

This is why I have been paying attention to E3 for the last 6 years. Not for any other reason whatsoever.

And thank God I have.

I really even don't care where the storyline takes place. I just hope, to sweet GOD they don't screw it up.

:JupiterSet:  LONG LIVE GOLDEN SUN!  :JupiterSet:  

weckar

What the hell Role, some of us have phone bills to pay!!!
But then again, where did you get it?

one thing though, if Camelot screws this up I'm personally going to nuke them, so I swear

Rolina

Sorry bout that, didn't realize how big it was.  Also:  Gamefaqs boards.  GS DS already has a board. XD

It's exploded into life!

From the pic?  Looks like Isaac, Garet, and Sheba's kids.

weckar

Hmm, if you ask me it's isaac's and Mia's kids alright, but simply an older Garet...

Rolina

Using the Jupiter element?

Naw, maybe Garet had kids before the others... or was raped, one of the two.

weckar

I'm quite sure Garet could use the unleash of a jupiter alligned axe... Is this official artwork of fan artwork btw?

Rolina

Official artwork apparently.

Also, in official artwork they're all using their innate element.  You never see them using unleashes or alt class skills.
QuoteAfter going dark six years ago, 2010 will see a new dawn. Golden Sun DS updates the popular portable Golden Sun role-playing series with an impressive graphical style. This installment follows the story of the previous heroes

weckar

he'd be the first with a hair colour clashing their element. and isn't this the first main game artwork with just 3 adepts instead of 4?

Atrius (He/Him)

It's about time they finally announced it.

I certainly hope they didn't just redesign the main characters...
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Got a point.  Either way, we don't know until it happens.

Regardless, I'm hoping it's Jupiter.  That'd mean we FINALLY have a jupiter fighter.  I just hope they're not made of fail like Garet is.

What?  I'm not made of fail...

Yes you are, and you know it.  Why else would you leave everything to Isaac?

Atrius (He/Him)

QuoteThis installment follows the story of the previous heroes
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

All I gotta say now... is...

Ivan was prepping for sailing on Picard's ship again. He had been waiting for what feels like forever for news on the world around him - and now, it had finally awoken. The one true message.

Over the years, Weyard has gained new forms of technology, such as the Nintendo DS Lite (imported from a foreign land known as Japan). Ivan knows that the third book in the epic will lie in the hands of this foreign technology, so he prepares with his favourite djinni, Zephyr, and makes last night arrangements.

He stares glamourously at himself in the mirror, with his two Jupiter djinn on standby. He prepares for the voyage to this new world, the world only known as Rochester Hills, Michigan.

Tommorow... will be interesting...

The epic will continue tomorrow! School awaits :3

weckar

I wish I could find it on YouTube or anything... if anyone finds a clip or article, please post!