News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Ds News/Disscussion/Speculation Thread

Started by Rolina, 02, June, 2009, 12:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

MaxiPower

awsome awsome i copuldnt belive when i heard them announce it i still cant

weckar

I do hope they put some work into the graphics though, I mean, the original sprites look better than those low-polys...

Waddaya think? is it a remake of the original story in a single game?
I don't recognise the chracter nor the area though, but those may be beta (2010 people!)

weckar

with the announcement just a day ago, you'll be quite the popular cosplayer :)

Charon

The people in school are idiots though... They didn't even know what E3 was!! But if you want to see my adventures...

Today was an eventful day for our young Jupiter adept Ivan, as he ventured to the world of Rochester Adams High School. He discovered many interesting things on his journey to spread the word of the Great News of June the Second (which he wholesomely believes should be an international holiday of sorts).

He starts his day in the English Class (unfortunately, he was unable to get the camera to work in German, aber Deutsch Drei war heute sehr langweilig), as presentations are being shown to the class. All are exteremly boring, and Ivan is not amused.

Ivan then ventures into the world of CAD. He should be working on drawing 45 in AutoCAD 2009, but he's quite fond of the fact that the internet is accessible from this foreign land, and visits an awfully familiar website...

Whilst traveling further, he comes to spread the word of the continuation of the Weyardian epic as he heads to Chemistry (he really doesn't get why people in this world believe in so many elements - there's really only Venus, Mercury, Mars and Jupiter; anyone knows that). He poses with two other females, and the three symbolize the third book in the epic.

He also will remember to wear his safety goggles, so that he doesn't end up like Carol.

At lunchtime, he poses with his DS Lite, holding three fingers as another symbol of the third book. He also enjoys a nice foreign delicacy known as a "chicken burrito".

He soon finds himself in math. Bored, he ends up drawing Jupiter djinn on his paper. Not shown here is the slew of summons drawn on the next page.

Finally, he ventures into the room of Mr. Shaltz, the famous, world-renowned Wrestling, track, philosophy and history Ivan takes to the front of the classroom and decides he likes the Eastern Coastal waters of the United States.

He prepares to go home, but no longer on Picard's ship - on a very fun vehicle known as a "bicycle". Despite Kraden's concerns, he is simply holding the camera on flash, not the Golden Sun or anything of its likeness.

Today... I will never forget it...

weckar

cosplaying to school... Charon, as an admin, permission to fall in love?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I guess that makes me an idiot too then, because I didn't really know anything about E3 until yesterday.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Nicktallica

If you have the channel G4, they were doing live E3 coverage. That's where I figured out about GSDS.

Do you think they will have anything to do with Link in this game?
I remember the Link sprite found in GS2, and I'm beginning to think that was a hint to something.

weckar

yeah, hint to a lovely cameo that got scrapped...

On topic though... I do believe it's somehow Garet, serving as a mentor to the new group...

Maybe because of the unleash of alchemy they are no longer bound to a single element?

Rolina

I got the live feeds.  Gamespot, IGN, GameTrailers... ALL of them had live feeds to E3.

@bound to an element:  I doubt that.  Everyone has an innate, something that comes most naturally to them.  That's what I liked about it.  By changing their elemental focus via djinn, you then changed their class and what psynergy was available.  In otherwords, you alter their natural balance of the elements, for better or worse.  Some combinations are quite EPIC in nature, such as Master and Ronin.  Others could be crippling to the character, though, as reflected by classes that people generally see as sucking.

weckar

Perhaps... it never was explained why most clans only uses a single element, yet Vale (atleast) two. Hmmm... How is your element decided if you live in Vale anyway? is it really all in the funky hair dye?

Rolina

I'd imagine it'd be Genetics...

twocows

Vale isn't exactly like, for instance, the Mercury clan or the Mars clan. Vale is very close to the heart of alchemy. It wouldn't surprise me to see adepts of any given element so close to Mt. Aleph (in fact, I find it rather odd that we only see two elements represented in Vale).

weckar

so would you suggest that there are more 'races' living in Vale?

Rolina

...How the hell is "asian" a race?  I thought they were human.  Now, skin complexion is simply genetic in origin.

I'm saying that one's element is determined similar to genetics.  So you have places where everyone seems to be One element or one or two elements...  The "Warm" elements, you could say attract each other for the people of Vale.  As such, there's not many other elements represented there simply because that's not what the people of Vale have historically been attracted to.

The Anemos were attracted to those of their own element, as were probably the Lemurians, the Ankhol, and the Proxians.

Those traits became dominant there, while the others became recessive.  That's how genetics works.  What the people see as "Attractive"... be it muscles or brains, large or flat, or even ones element, gradually becomes the dominant trait over the generations.

Rolina

That's why I suggested genetics has more to do with it.  Like how Asian people always look Asian-y, for example.  It's less to do with them being there, and more to do with genetics.

weckar

yeah okay, I see where you're coming from. but doesn't this mean that, for example a child born form Garet and Sheba would have the chance of being able to be alligned to both elements equally, as long as they're not on the same gene pair?

Salanewt

I have a question. By the way, genetics makes sense, but how did it become that?
Wasn't it a thread about Golden Sun DS? Lol... Conversations do not have a heartbeat, but they are living things...

Anyway, only three characters? Aw...

It would be better to have more, maybe 16 people.
By the way, if that is Isaac's son, then who is his mother? He looks almost nothing like Jenna... Clothes look similar too...

Anyway, I can not wait for it to come out. Oh yeah... If in Vale hardly anybody entered, and the migration of other adepts was down... Then over time, wouldn't they all be related somehow?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Isaac

Isaac looks like very cool and with more of that fighting spirit.
Garet (is he?) look like some Beast and that axe is very wow :P
and that Princess,looks like something of Mia and Sole,but i like much Mia :D

Rolina

Quote from: weckar on 06, June, 2009, 04:13:00 AMyeah okay, I see where you're coming from. but doesn't this mean that, for example a child born form Garet and Sheba would have the chance of being able to be alligned to both elements equally, as long as they're not on the same gene pair?
Unless acted upon by an outside force.  If they decided to move to Izumo, for example, their kid would probably turn out to be Venus Elemental, despite neither of them being Venus element.  Otherwise, it's just a matter of chance.  Flip a coin...  I doubt they'd be dual elemental, though.  There is no precedent for Dual Elemental adepts, after all.

Now then, to address the new guys who can't seem to read.

*Role inhales deeply

ISAAC AND GARET ARE NOT IN GS DS!  That's their descendants!  AS IN NOT THEM!  Besides, since when is Garet a Jupiter Adept?  Also, was it ever confirmed that there's only three characters?  No, didn't think so.  Logic, peeps.  You may wanna use it.  We're missing a Mars adept in that pic, so we'll likely be getting one.  On top of that, we may even get four more characters on top of that.

Right now, WE JUST DON'T KNOW.  Please, read the discussion a bit closer next time, 'k?

Anywho~~~...

The question was brought up as to why civilizations are usually mono or dual elemental.  So I suggested a reason.  Then defined it.  Kinda easy to get to if you'd read my thread. ^^