News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Ds News/Disscussion/Speculation Thread

Started by Rolina, 02, June, 2009, 12:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

I know it said that they are all descendants, but if that is Garet's son, then he looks a bit old... It almost looks like that could be one of garet's siblings, if he had brothers and not just sisters.

Anyway, oh well. I wonder if there will be cameos of the other characters in this one.

:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

weckar

Garet has a little brother (Aaron?)

Salanewt

Oh yeah... But I forget the name too.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Son = Descendant, but Descendant =/= Son.  It could be grandson, great grandson, etc...

We don't know how many generations in the future this game takes place in.  Also, Garet's brother has no known name.  Aaron is a mistranslation.  In the original, he was just known as "Gerald's brother".  Thanks to the infamous mistranslations, Ms. Jerra and Aaron Jerra, which were mistranslations of "Gerald's Mother" and "Gerald's Brother".

Salanewt

Oh cool. Still though, why would a distant descendant of Isaac look so much like him. And then again, you have a point.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 9 2009, 07:42 PM

Rolina

Yeah, the current theory is that it's either kids or grandkids, given the uncanny resemblance of them to Isaac and Garet.

Salanewt

That theory makes more sense. But in the trailer, I can not think of where the character could possibly be (Maybe on top of Mount Aleph?).

EDIT: As long as they do not try to make the game easier or less fun (like they did with the Toon Link Zelda games), then I know I will love it. Besides, The only thing that I can think of that is better is Yoshi, not Yoshi games, but just the character (Golden Sun games are better or tied with most Yoshi games).
This is why I am going to try to make a Golden Sun hack with Yoshi as one of the main characters.

Have a nice day.

P.S. Maybe their descendants altered the clothes of the characters in the first two Golden Sun games... The colours look very similar.

P.P.S. It is just my opinion that Yoshi is better, it is not a fact.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 10 2009, 02:52 PM

Rolina

Oh, that's nothing.  I've already discussed the idea with charon of hacking GS2 to use pokemon characters instead.  Think of it...

A team of Gallade, Machamp, Frosslass, and Magmortar...

Salanewt

QuoteOh, that's nothing. I've already discussed the idea with charon of hacking GS2 to use pokemon characters instead. Think of it...

A team of Gallade, Machamp, Frosslass, and Magmortar...

Cool. However, I do not know who any of those are, save Machamp.

Have a nice day.

Isaac

Mmm...maybe can be this...

very muuuuuuucchhhh years in the now present....
no,can

Rolina

It's isaac's DESCENDANT, not his reincarnation.  READ.  THE.  TOPIC.

Salanewt

Hehehe... If there is a fourth character, then I wonder who their ancestors will be... It looks safe to say that so far, these characters are related to Isaac, Mia, and Garet.

If the one is related to Isaac somehow, then it might be a later descendant than son/daughter. I see no connection to jenna, so that is why I say this. Also, in the trailer, it almost looked like Felix (or someone who lookslike him) was shown for a brief part.

Have a nice day.

This message has been typed at 10:37 PM.

Rolina

I'm hoping they're Proxian. ^-^

I mean... come on!  It'd be like having a little Karst-ling in your party!  How cool would that be?

Salanewt

Oh yeah, that would be fun. I like how you coined it, a 'Karst-ling'. I wonder... Where will the antagonists be from in this game? In the previous two, they were from Prox (and a neutral from Imil, leaning towards Antagonist (Alex)). I am still not sure where they would be from. Also, remember how we were briefly speaking about that person from Lemuria who said that he would keep Piers out of Lemuria? Well, what if they were to have it so he overthrows the king? I wonder if this will be dealt with in Golden Sun DS...

Have a nice day.

weckar

is it true that the title will be Golden Sun - A New Dawn?

Salanewt

That sounds like a nice name... However, I am not sure what it will be names yet.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:

We haooen to have a similar topic at Yoshi's Lighthouse. I shall post the link to that topic in here, since charley typed up a theory about when Golden Sun might be coming out.

Oh Yoshi! Please, won't you come back!

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Lighthouse_of_Y...=19&st=40&#last

MaxiPower

New Scans + Translated from Famitsu July 21st

Taken from GameFaqs

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9800/gsds1.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5867/gsds2.jpg

My gratitude to the nameless hero who scanned these. :)

First of all, NO RELEASE DATE.
Like the previous photo on Jump, It's mostly another introduction to newcomers.
Page 1 is an introduction of the series.
Page 2 to 4 are introduction of the world of Weyard, gameplay, characters, and... an INTERVIEW with Takahashi Brothers!

[ Story ]
In ancient time, the source of all, the elemental powers, were sealed away for fear that they'll destroy the world. But as a result, losing the elemental powers as its nourishment, the world began to wither.
To save the world from this crisis, warriors known as "Adepts", those who wield Psynergy, unleashed the elemental powers into the world again.
However, the surpressed elemental powers were so great that they basically aroused a recreation of heaven and earth. Natural disasters occur all over the world. Plus the earth crust displacements, the continents aren't the same anymore.
Those who witnessed the moment this great energy pouring from the sky called it the "Golden Sun".

[ Weyard - the stage of adventure ]
Peace is back in these lands healing from the wounds created by the Golden Sun. People dwell in towns and villages in the more vivid nature. The catacombs of ancient civilization will be the stages for the adventure of our new heroes.

[Interview]
Hiroyuki Takahashi, the older brother and the head of Camelot, is in charge of the story.
Shuugo Takahashi, the younger brother, is the director.

Hiroyuki tells us, "the first two games are prologues of this series. From this game on, it's the main story."

Q: Tell us more about the new protagonist.
Hiroyuki: When the power of alchemy was released, the world went topsy-turvy. Therefore the protagonist of previous games, although saved the world, weren't much appreciated. Their children will carry this burden.
Shuugo: There are many who think they saved the world, yet many who think they are the ones who destroyed it.
Hiroyuki: The protagonist of previous games are known as "Warriors of Vale". As their children, they grew up being despised by some and respected by some. It's a little complicated.
Shuugo: Of course this will be mentioned in the game so people who haven't played previous games can enjoy the story as well.

Q: Will the characters in previous games appear?
Shuugo: It's essential to provide elements that brings enjoyments to fans who played the previous games. Although I can't tell you now, there'll be surprises to look forward to.

Q: What's the meaning of the subtitle, Dark Dawn?
Hiroyuki: The subtitle tells the core of the story. You'll understand what it means as the story goes on.
Shuugo: "darkness" and "dawn" seems opposite. You can consider it as darkness and light, destruction and revival.

Q: Will there be two games for this story?
Hiroyuki: No. This time it's one game. However, we'll try to bring you the enjoyment of imagining what the world will be like after the story ends.

[ Adepts ]
Muuto: Protagonist. 16 years old boy. Although young, he's very talented as a Venus adept. He lives with his dad, who is an adept of the same element, and trains himself diligently on both wielding a sword and Psynergy.

Terry: Lives with Muuto & Co. Muuto's best pal. Mars Adept. Will his mischievous behavior bring himself big trouble?

Karis: A young girl who is a Jupiter Adept. As a childhood friend, she visits Muuto and Terry quite often. Reliable and strong-willed.

Rolina

Obviously - Muuto = Matthew, Terry = Tyrell, and Karis = herself.

Salanewt

I guess E3 already had the names translated for us then? Anyway, are those snapshots taken from a website or a player's guide that is not out yet?

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower