News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Serpent's Hp Regen

Started by Zach, 28, July, 2009, 03:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

In the editor, monsters have a limit of 255 HP and PP Regen, yet the Serpent somehow bypasses this rule with it's 2430, 810, and 270 HP Regen o.O. This really made me wonder, "How the heck does it bypasses this limit when it's HP Regen is viewed at 243, 81, and 27 in the editor?" My theory is that he may he use the 2 unknown numbers above his moveset or the 4 numbers under the moveset. Once I test this theory, I will come back to you with my conclusion

Salanewt

Oh, this looks neat. I am looking forward to seeing whether your theory is correct or not. I think that the four numbers might be flags or checkpoints though, since nothing seems to happen if I change Posiedon's. However, changing that very last number (0 for every monster) might do something, since the game crashed after about 10 minutes of playing (when the number was 20).

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  :MercuryDjinni:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 28, July, 2009, 06:28:00 PMOh, this looks neat. I am looking forward to seeing whether your theory is correct or not. I think that the four numbers might be flags or checkpoints though, since nothing seems to happen if I change Posiedon's. However, changing that very last number (0 for every monster) might do something, since the game crashed after about 10 minutes of playing (when the number was 20).

Have a nice day.
Thank you Salanewt, I will keep that in mind

Salanewt

You are welcome. I will try to provide information whenever I can.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Well unfortunately, the test results were negative, so my theory is a bust. But I did notice something, I set the PP regen to the same number as the HP regen, so when it came time for him to regen, I got this result.

Serpent recovers 30 HP!
Serpent recovers 3 PP!

So I can conclude that it's deeper then this version of the editor can understand. Oh wells <.<

This post has been edited by zach on Jul 28 2009, 11:32 PM

Salanewt

Yeah, I was testing with Posiedon and Star Magician. It does not matter where those two are located, but Posiedon will always have his barrier, and Star Magician will be able to summon his spheres if he uses Mystic Call.

However, I was testing the fourth number with the sea creatures before. I couold have sworn that when I changed the last number to 1, there were fewer of that enemy. I am not sure, so you should do some more testing.

Have a nice day.

weckar

I think it's likely that it's hardcoded uniquely for that monster id... nothing we can do.

RULER

I know for a fact that one of the numbers below it's attacks affects the size of the monsters in comparison to the players, but i forgot wich one, so ill run some tests later.

Zach

@ Weckar: That's believable

@ Ruler: Nice find  

Charon

Well, the values in the editor say they are 10x the actual recovery values, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some unique value to the monster's identity that multiplies it's recovery values by 10.

Salanewt

I myself have been thinking about this... Anyway, a theory to how things like Posiedon's barrier and Serpent's HP regeneration might be programmed elsewhere in the game, not with the rest of the monster editing data. I have come up with this theory because of the enemy information in Mario and Luigi (different games, I know). Although I do not know very much information in HEX, there are so many things in the battle system that I would not be surprised if some of it is elsewhere. I have a similar idea about Golden Sun, since I myself tried editing the unknown variables for certain monsters (but nothing happened).

Well, I hope that you figure something out. I will be off for a tiny bit now, just to allow some time for searching for data (and making those bloody HEX patches that I forgot about on Friday).

Have a nice day.

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 23, August, 2009, 08:28:00 PMI myself have been thinking about this... Anyway, a theory to how things like Posiedon's barrier and Serpent's HP regeneration might be programmed elsewhere in the game, not with the rest of the monster editing data. I have come up with this theory because of the enemy information in Mario and Luigi (different games, I know). Although I do not know very much information in HEX, there are so many things in the battle system that I would not be surprised if some of it is elsewhere. I have a similar idea about Golden Sun, since I myself tried editing the unknown variables for certain monsters (but nothing happened).

Well, I hope that you figure something out. I will be off for a tiny bit now, just to allow some time for searching for data (and making those bloody HEX patches that I forgot about on Friday).

Have a nice day.
True, the same could be said about the pins and badges that I've yet to find <.<