News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

"Forgotten Dreams" first images

Started by Atrius, 01, April, 2013, 09:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Even so, you can't expect not to get constructive criticism even on something that's not finished. I know what that's like, and it gets kind of irritating at times, but that's life. If you're lucky, they may point out something actually useful!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

ElectricArcher

Quote from: Atrius on 14, April, 2013, 01:18:57 AM
*Facepalm*

Serves me right for posting anything before finishing it.

Hah, indeed. I've noticed this myself - you can't submit a WIP without getting all kinds of feedback about what's wrong with it, even though you've already stated it's unfinished. It always seems a bit ridiculous to the poster, but it sort of makes sense - after all, the readers typically don't know which parts you simply haven't gotten to yet and which parts are actually buggy. But, as Jamie so nicely put it:

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser
If you're lucky, they may point out something actually useful!
It's rare, but it can happen. :)

KyleRunner

Man... these pictures are wonderful!

I hope we can get some news soon (not asking, just hoping)....

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yeah, I'm sure most of us hope...

And I could ask a whole bunch of questions about it, but figured it would be a waste of time. (Assuming the questions don't have answers yet.)

-What will the music sound like?
-Will there be any mini-games? (Like throwing coins in the fountain at Tolbi, or the betting games you may find in Contigo.)
-How about games like Trial Roads or whatever contest Isaac played in while in Tolbi?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

Those are questions I'm still working on myself...
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

KyleRunner

Atrius, does you project have a dedicated site? I want to know more about it.
Just asking...

Not yet, as far as I know, but from what I last remember, I believe he said that it would.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

QuoteTune in next April Fools when I announce the game isn't going to use text boxes for speech!
I just realized you never did make that announcement. Anyway, since it's April Fools, I guess it would be the perfect time to ask? - Have you made any progress worth mentioning? - Ex: How is the speech looking?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

KyleRunner

Quote from: Fox on 01, April, 2015, 12:35:37 AM
QuoteTune in next April Fools when I announce the game isn't going to use text boxes for speech!
I just realized you never did make that announcement. Anyway, since it's April Fools, I guess it would be the perfect time to ask? - Have you made any progress worth mentioning? - Ex: How is the speech looking?

Are the dreams forgotten?

Absolutely! They're dreams... that go forgotten... then remembered... oh wait, still forgotten... Oh the irony... This project could only exist if the dreams were remembered... so I opt-in to rename this Remembering Dreams. :P (Actually, doesn't matter.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

charon the ferryman

Oh the irony. I wonder how Atrius has been lately anyways, haven't seen him in ages.

Salanewt

Maybe that's a part of the game. He doesn't update at all so we forget about his dream, and then BAM: release.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

Perhaps.  Problem is it's an ambitious project I'm trying to make as a hobby alone while working a rather demanding full time (Sometimes more than) job.

@Seto, stressed out, and depressed.  Oh, and after that started I found out I might have a life threatening illness, or maybe nothing, I dunno.  None of the doctors I've seen so far could say what's wrong me.

I don't know why this image never made it into this topic, it's the only other one I've released so far.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

charon the ferryman

Quote from: Atrius on 13, June, 2015, 07:26:56 AM
@Seto, stressed out, and depressed.  Oh, and after that started I found out I might have a life threatening illness, or maybe nothing, I dunno.  None of the doctors I've seen so far could say what's wrong me.
That's terrible, Atrius. If you need any support I'm pretty sure us GSHC longtimers will be there with you every step of the way. We're with you, Atrius.

KyleRunner

Quote from: Seto Kaiba on 13, June, 2015, 08:39:23 AM
Quote from: Atrius on 13, June, 2015, 07:26:56 AM
@Seto, stressed out, and depressed.  Oh, and after that started I found out I might have a life threatening illness, or maybe nothing, I dunno.  None of the doctors I've seen so far could say what's wrong me.
That's terrible, Atrius. If you need any support I'm pretty sure us GSHC longtimers will be there with you every step of the way. We're with you, Atrius.

+1

@Life Threatening: Would this be anything like seizures or stroke, or would it be better/worse?
(For those who don't know. stroke includes slurred speech, half your body numb, perhaps the worst head-ache you've ever had(?), etc. --- It may include being an on and off thing, I think?) (And yes, those are possible at a young age.) (Also, the earlier the diagnosis, the better your chances. Even with cancers/tumors, since they can spread, I think.)
(And I also know that lack of sleep can increase the risks of these types of things.)

Anyway, I hope the best for you... and everything that Seto said, have a nice day!

Quotedon't know why this image never made it into this topic, it's the only other one I've released so far.
Maybe it was posted in the cbox a long time ago?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Atrius (He/Him)

Sorry, I didn't mean to worry everyone over my potential illness, I was having a bad day.  Nothing serious has happened yet, it's only worrying symptoms so far.  I don't want to go into details, but there's really only about a 5% chance there's something seriously wrong with me.  I'm just frustrated because they won't be able to do the tests to find out for sure until the end of July.

Knight of Purgatory

Oh darn, that's pretty far away. Hope its nothing too serious
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Well, even if it turns out the 5% chance does happen... Live strong..... Nothing will happen unless it is meant to happen. (Or something like that.) - (And if it helps any, we're all likely destined to die some day. - Depending on whether there are new breakthroughs in science... er... nevermind.)

QuoteOh darn, that's pretty far away.
It only seems far away.... but it'll be here in no time at all! (I think.) Just in ONE month...
...and I'll be looking at what's going on with Windows 10...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Fox on 29, June, 2015, 12:18:58 PM... (And if it helps any, we're all likely destined to die some day. - Depending on whether there are new breakthroughs in science... er... nevermind.) ...

You stop that train of thought right now.  You're talking 1.5% chance scenario for an average 50 year old there.  I'm a 27 year old physically fit member of the military whose immune system has international experience.