News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Where you been?

Started by zman9000, 28, April, 2013, 04:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

since theres no activity i figured i'd make a topic about it where you explain what you've been up too thus adding activity back to the site.

I my self as some of you know am currently further depressed having had to quit college early due to depression. been mostly watching videos online and playing a few games with a few of you guys from the site, but other then that my life kinda sucks right now.

As for why i haven't been active, well its not like i don't have a ton of extra time on my hands that i don't know what to do with. but i just everytime i login i don't see any interesting topics, and most times no new ones at all. and its not like every post has to be about golden sun you know, but there's nothing new to talk about that's not depressing. (north korea, EA sucks balls, games flop, random plagues, terrorist attacks...)

So even if this seems depressing, you don't have to make it so... I'd love for everyone who sees this topic to post at least once. Just to get a feel of what people think, why they haven't been active, what they've been doing, and all that kinda stuff. (you don't have to say anything you don't want to, you can even just say "i've been busy with stuffz" i don't care) You could even mention some games you've been playing and see if anyone else here plays them. just anything really.

This is a forum not just the GS editor discussion table. got something on your mind, why not post?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Okay. I know a little rewards site (Actually, I know of like three of them) where you can earn a bit of cash from watching vids/ads, putting in codes, doing surveys, searching the web, etc., but meh... it's not anything big, but pennies sure do add up with time.

And if I recall, there is a referrals feature for most of them as well. But I bet it only rewards you for what your referrals earn from searches.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

zman9000

not exactly what i meant by beating the system...
but whatever... at least you actually posted.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

You said:

QuoteThis is a forum not just the GS editor discussion table. got something on your mind, why not post?
And so that was what I did... sort of...

And you are welcome!

QuoteBeat the System is the seventh studio release of the Christian rock band, Petra. It was released in 1985.
Just something I learned from googling.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

dwkjohn

I've been so busy because the teachers at my school suck. They spend the whole year doing nothing. Then at the end realize they have stuff to teach an cram it all in at the end of the year. So I've had 2 research papers and at least 1-2 tests every day. Then my aunt died so I've been out of town. I'll try to post something occasionally though. I hope you feel better zman. Depression sucks. A lot.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Aile~♥

I've been wasting my time by:

1. Dealing with Grade 12. Recently had to drop Physics because I just couldn't deal with it and Calculus at the same time.

2. Playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and mucking about with Homebrew.

3. Playing Fire Emblem Awakening.

4. Reading fanfiction, though there hasn't been any really great stuff lately on that front.

5. Occasionally doing stuff with Game Maker. I hope to soon have a mostly-finished game that I can share with people on here. It started out as the 1945 Scrolling Shooter tutorial, but ended up... different.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

leaf

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

zman9000

Lol ok. I get the general feeling that everyone has been busy.can't say i have though...everyone is either working on graduating or has started college, but i guess its that time for the people here.

Robert Joe

I too have been quite busy recently. My installations have sustained heavy damage from all of the bloody snow and hurricanes, and I have been having to do a lot of repair work. Additionally, I am not going to lie, when I do have spare time, I have been posting on Golden Sun Adept's Refuge...

As for what games I have been playing (Or rather, modding the life out of and occasionally playing for a minute or so), Minecraft, Golden Sun, Shellcore Command, and Star Control II... Those are the only games that exist, right?...

I probably should attempt to post here more. I really do not want to see GSHC die.

Atrius (He/Him)

Moving from Alaska to Florida, and now that I finally made it to Florida trying to find somewhere to live.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kioll

I've been doing nothing in particular myself.  Bit of drama at home, but mostly playing video games and card games.  Kinda wishing I was able to get something more productive done, but without a team, I'm going nowhere fast on any of my projects.
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

ElectricArcher

Sorry to hear about the depression thing, zman... I feel like I should offer some useful advice or something, but I can't come up with anything inspiring at the moment. :( Hope you feel better soon!

My life's just been business as usual... wake up, go out for a run, code for 4-6 hours, play games and watch tv/movies for the rest of the day. And then I usually stop by GSHC at night to see what's up.
So yeah, nothing too exciting, but that suits me just fine. Life is good.

@jamie: Ah, high school calculus... good times. That was my favorite class for sure - I never payed any attention to the teacher. Just did my homework during class, and read a novel for the rest of the time. It was awesome.

Quotecode for 4-6 hours
Ah. Here I'm thinking: "Kioll, looks like you've got a team member!" Then again, I somehow doubt it?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Aile~♥

Quote from: ElectricArcher on 01, May, 2013, 12:47:42 AM
@jamie: Ah, high school calculus... good times. That was my favorite class for sure - I never payed any attention to the teacher. Just did my homework during class, and read a novel for the rest of the time. It was awesome.

Seriously? How? Calculus has been beating the crap out of me. Granted, so far I've got 98% in Computer Programming class, but that doesn't really matter all that much since I'm not learning anything useful. We're working in Visual Basic, of all things. Completely useless language, and supported only by Windows.

P.S. You spelled "paid" wrong. Hah.

ElectricArcher

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 01, May, 2013, 11:30:23 AM
Seriously? How? Calculus has been beating the crap out of me.

Hmm... well, math was always my best subject. I ended up becoming a math major, even. Plus, my high school wasn't too competitive - even in AP Calc, the teacher had to take things fairly slow so that the rest of the class could keep up... It was kinda sad, really. I never once studied for a math test in high school - in fact, I frequently walked into class completely oblivious to the fact that we had a test that day. Usually aced 'em anyway.
Those habits don't fly in college though, let me tell you.

By the way, I'm totally willing to help out with any math questions you may have, Jamie, but I'm not sure how much help I can be over a forum like this :/

98% in Computer Programming class
Nice! Even if the language is useless, programming skills are always helpful. I took a course in college where they used the language Scheme (which I will never need for anything else, ever), but it still taught me a ton.

P.S. You spelled "paid" wrong. Hah.

Nooooooo!! I fail... I'd joke that this is why I'm not an English major, but I've actually found that my spelling is typically better than that of the English majors I've met... Go figure.

@Teawater: Hah, not quite. I build websites for a living - Javascript, AngularJS, NodeJS, css, html. I don't have any experience with the kind of coding that Kioll's probably doing...

leaf

Calculus 1? Or are you doing the calc1+2 hybrid course? Because the former shouldn't be too bad. Some basic derivative laws, some basic integral laws, and that pretty much ends the course. Calc 2 is when it really starts to suck, with all kinds of crazy integral stuff, then calc 3 goes back to being easy - just doing calc 1 stuff in three dimensions, basically. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I can probably answer them. (Assuming I log on to check.)
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Misery

We're working in Visual Basic, of all things. Completely useless language, and supported only by Windows.
I had Visual Basic too... must've been about 7 years ago now. Damn, I feel old. It does what it's supposed to, I guess... (i.e. make Windows applications) but I can agree it seems a bit limited. I was cursing it a few weeks ago when I randomly decided to pick up Pokémon hacking again, and nearly all the tools were using VB libraries and whatnot that weren't included in windows 7.

As for myself, I was working on a game with a group of people until about 3 months ago. Nothing too interesting frankly, it definitely wasn't my first choice of what type of game to make. Aside from concept art, I ended up mostly doing character rigging in Maya. I'm pretty satisfied with that though, as I ended up learning a lot about it.

Development was cancelled in favor of another project related to digital distribution, but I jumped off that project a few days ago (formally at least) since they don't seem to be completely honest with their idea. Sadly. I'm still helping them finish up, but hopefully I'll get some time to do my own things soon.

But yeah, it's 9-to-5 "work". I hope I'll be able to focus on art this summer, I think it's about time I get a bit more serious about it. I also want to work on a game project that I've had going for a while.

QuoteCompletely useless language
I disagree that Visual Basic is completely useless. However, it definitely isn't the best language to use. The good news is that it may be easier to understand. Not to mention that I coded Yoshi Magic with Visual Basic. (VB.NET)...

One of the bad things about Visual Basic compared to C or any other language is that you have to write everything out... Over time, the source becomes much larger than it should be. (Would you rather be using "End If" every time you end an If statement besides just a simple "}"?) ; Oh, and it doesn't look like you deal with pointers either, unfortunately... but then you could just use APIs anyway. (I think.)

And there may be some sites designed to translate code from one language to another, so...

--
So yeah, if you have any questions on VB.NET (Preferably not the older version that is VB6/etc.), I might be willing to help, anyway.

--

@Archer: I believe Kioll is working with BYOND on atleast one project.

Edit: I probably should add that I never took a class on Visual Basic, just learned it myself with internet resources.

--
Edit:
QuoteVB libraries and whatnot that weren't included in windows 7
I'm not sure, but couldn't you just get the libraries off the net?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Aile~♥

Quote from: leaf on 01, May, 2013, 01:26:28 PM
Calculus 1? Or are you doing the calc1+2 hybrid course? Because the former shouldn't be too bad. Some basic derivative laws, some basic integral laws, and that pretty much ends the course. Calc 2 is when it really starts to suck, with all kinds of crazy integral stuff, then calc 3 goes back to being easy - just doing calc 1 stuff in three dimensions, basically. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I can probably answer them. (Assuming I log on to check.)

So far, mostly we've just done a whole bunch of derivative stuff, but it doesn't help that I continually fail at the basic stuff before even that. (Apparently I fail epically at algebra. Go figure.) Basically, I didn't do all that amazingly in Pre-Calculus 12 (like, 73% or so), and now it's hurting my Calculus mark, too. A LOT. (55%. Or maybe less, after I bombed the midterm.) Which kinda sucks because everything up to Grade 11 math I aced completely. 94 or so in Foundations & Pre-Calculus 11, 97 or so in Math 10... yeah.

leaf

Ah, yeah... if you can't do the algebra manipulations, the calculus itself is somewhat meaningless. I can't help without knowing specifics, though. Do you know of anything in particular that gives you trouble? Like, even a sample problem of something where you don't know what to do.

Er, well, this probably isn't the best place, anyway, especially given that I only check here maybe once every couple days. If you want, add me on skype and I can try to guide you through some problems. My username is leafgreen386.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---