Atrius: I'm trying to fix the site, but it might take a while.

It seems the SQL database had grown larger than our hosting company allows.
I've cleaned out all of the unnecessary log data to get it down to an
acceptable size, but haven't received a response as to why normal
functionality hasn't been restored yet.

(RP TAVERN) Cheer Up Charlie: Pub & Grill
Golden Sun Hacking Community
July 20, 2018, 10:11:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (RP TAVERN) Cheer Up Charlie: Pub & Grill  (Read 6945 times)
Randel Peltier
"Perfect Hair Forever"

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« on: July 20, 2013, 03:44:51 AM »

(Hello this is I Randy, decided to make a rp thing maybe some of you will join, I have no rules just don't get carried away or do whatever maybe this doesn't even make it an it gets deleted before it even gets started by some admin or what have you, but just thought I would make it for fun an see what happens since nothing happens here anyways. Have fun!)

Randy scrubs the counter of his newly bought bar. He looks out at all the empty chairs an tables an hopes for the best. He is new to owning something, hell owning anything. Matter of fact he took an incredible loan out on this establishment an hopefully it works out for him. He sneakly reaches under the bar an pulls out a small flask, he takes a quick swig an puts it back.

"Well atleast I can get drunk whenever I want." Randy said out loud.

"Dang....owning a bar is boring, when are people gonna show up!" Randy shouted.

Then he began to think to himself "oh right need to put up the open sign on the door an turn the neon on.". Randy proceeded to do so.

"Maybe I should hire someone....hmm would it even be in the budget....on that matter am I even included in the budget?....I really need an accountant for these things." Randy said an he went back to cleaning the counter.
View Profile
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 05:27:01 AM »

(As long as it follows forum rules, I doubt that it will ever get deleted. ; For this RP, I shall call myself Theodore, Theodore Waters, since it is another name for Teawater, but more appropriate for someone's name. Although, not my real name, mind you.)

Theodore is watching his big screen television while laying down on a cozy couch in his home.

"Hello, this is Channel 6 News."

While the television continues, Theodore begins to think about what he was going to eat later that day.

"There's a new restaurant in town called Cheer Up Charlie: Pub & Grill." the television caught Theodore's attention.

"That might just be where I go!" Theodore said with excitement, "I'm always tired of all the same restaurants.  I've been wanting to try something new for ages!"

The television continued to ramble some more.

"Yeah, with all the news on television, I think I'll go now, before I forget, this is the best chance I have!" Theodore left his home as he headed towards this pub.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 05:37:07 AM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Knight of Purgatory
The Infernal King
Venus Clan

Join the Dark Side... FOR COOKIES

Coins: 1

I am: Selling evil cookies

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 03:03:17 PM »

Oooh, an active RP! This sounds fun! For this RP, I guess I shall be a Cop whose always called RW because his actual name is too gigantic for the townsfolk to memorise.
Anyway...
RW was just cleaning up his office, and thinking about what to get for dinner. While he was going through his options for the evening, RW was informed that he had a visitor. " Hey, RW!! Some strange dude wants to talk to you!" "Hmm? Okay then, send him up!". After a while, the mysterious stranger entered his office. RW wasn't sure what to think. The man was wearing a black robe and hood, so one couldn't see his face. " So you are officer RW... Hmm I have a favor to ask of you. Will you do it for me?"But this man was ringing alarms all over RW's mind. Who could he be? What could he want? Intrigued, RW let the man continue with his story...
(Ps Hoped you liked it :) )

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES
View Profile
Randel Peltier
"Perfect Hair Forever"

Novice Member

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 10:14:57 PM »

Randy looked over at his tap, he didn't get good tap beer in this week but he thought to himself "meh, to hell with it" so he leaned over an began to drink from the tap. He continued to drink from the tap for a few more seconds. He stopped for a second only to grab the bar remote an turn on the television.

"Lets check for some fights, fights always bring customers." Randy said out loud.

He then went back to drinking from the tap while changing the tv channel finding nothing much.
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 11:23:46 PM »

Theodore, upon reaching the pub, looks through the dirty windows covered in smeared fingerprints.

"Man, does anyone ever clean their windows now days?" muttered Theodore, but then excused it after he read a sign mentioning the place is still being cleaned up.

Theodore takes a hand towards the the door knob, pausing for a minute as he tried to rethink how he was going to get inside without dirtying his hands. "What the hell with it." he thought aloud, and proceeded to open it with his pinky.

Upon such an entry, there were some spots on the floor that appeared to be stains.

This must be some cheap restaurant, I'm not sure if I should have came, perhaps I should have looked for reviews on the internet. thought Theodore, but then changed his mind after being optimistic and thinking that it couldn't be that bad, they are just simply new and getting started, that's all.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:26:51 PM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

View Profile
Randel Peltier
"Perfect Hair Forever"

Novice Member

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 03:03:10 AM »

Randy stopped sipping from the tap as he heard the door open, he quickly turned off the tap an went back to scrubbing the counter.

"Welcome to Cheer Up Charlie. Welcome to opening day. What can I get yah?" Randy asked with excitement in his voice.

He grabbed a glass an before the person could say anything he began to fill the cup with ice an poor some expensive whiskey into it.

"I know what you want, a nice shot of top shelf whiskey, right?" He said with a smile
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 03:46:44 AM »

"Top shelf whiskey? What is it like $100 a serving or somethin'?", Theodore exaggerated, "I'm sorry, I can't afford that right now."

"I was hoping for a menu. Don't most restaurants have them?" wondered Theodore.

"By the way, is this restaurant named after you?", Theodore questioned as he briefly sat down.

View Profile
Randel Peltier
"Perfect Hair Forever"

Novice Member

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 03:53:47 AM »

Randy blinked a bit an thought to himself "Menu?......Oh crap! I put grill on the sign didn't I?!" He goes under the counter quick as he makes a makeshift menu with only one item, the only item he had a bag of doritos an some pickled eggs.

"Im sorry here you go"He says as he hands over the menu.

"Oh an the resturaunt is actually named after a song from a movie I watched as a kid." He said as he took the glass an took a sip from it.
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 04:15:47 AM »

"DORTIOS for a $1? Are you kidding me?" Theodore jolted.

"I think I will have these, but leave off the pickled eggs." Theodore continued, expecting to see a big bag of tasty doritos.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:17:31 AM by Teawater » Logged

View Profile
Randel Peltier
"Perfect Hair Forever"

Novice Member

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 04:24:06 AM »

Randy ducked under the counter as he grabbed his bag of doritos an filled up a small bowl. He came back up an handed it to him.

"Anything to drink?" He said as he smiled at him.

"Also sorry bout the mess an the menu, I just bought the place an really don't have any workers right now" He said as he took another sip of the whiskey.

"I mean....if your looking for a job. I have an opening." He said to the young man.
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 04:33:54 AM »

"Thanks, and yes, I'll have water." Theodore smiled.

"Well, I would take the job, but I already have one." Theodore went on, "However, if the wages are good enough, maybe I could reconsider, and switch companies."

View Profile
Randel Peltier
"Perfect Hair Forever"

Novice Member

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 04:47:59 AM »

"Water? Im sorry can I see an ID real quick, its nothing personal an I wont kick you out I mean its a grill an all, but for my first customer to order chips an water its a little weird." He said as he gave a semi-stern look and continued to clean the counters.

"Oh an how much you getting paid now?" He said as he stopped cleaning an took a sip of the whiskey.
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 05:10:55 AM »

"No, I'm sorry, I don't like to disclose such private information when I don't have to. Especially when we just first met. I don't see any reason you would need to know such information." puzzled Theodore with a confused look on his face.

"Well, you see, it varies." Theodore went on to describe how the job isn't one of those "paid-by-the-hour" jobs.

View Profile
Randel Peltier
"Perfect Hair Forever"

Novice Member

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 06:28:22 AM »

He gave a quick smirk an went back to cleaning the counter.

"It varies? So what do you do? Because Im offering either a cooking position or waiter." He say as he continue to clean the counter.

"But it doesn't pay well, but if it starts to pick up, what I can offer is a good chat an some company" He says as he takes a sip of the whiskey.

'Also...do you even drink? Or rather are you old enough?" He said with a smile.
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 06:54:04 AM »

"Well, it doesn't matter anyway, since you don't have any items on the menu that are worth cooking... And I figure without much to buy from, it certainly won't attract more customers." Theodore said hopelessly.

"I do wish I could help in some way, though, even if it is just for one day." he reconciled. (Guessing reconciled was the word I was looking for.)

"No, I dont really drink. Ofcourse I'm old enough... You'd think it wouldn't be hard to tell at my age." Theodore began to frown slightly.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:56:57 AM by Teawater » Logged

View Profile
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
July 18, 2018, 10:49:52 PM
roger: I can post but it goes to an error page when I submit.
July 18, 2018, 05:24:12 PM
zman9000: Site is back WOO!
May 09, 2018, 12:35:37 AM
KyleRunner: The "Start In" field is not editable... I'll try making new shortcuts
May 08, 2018, 09:51:08 PM
Fox: If all else fails, you canmake new Shortcuts to do the same thing.
May 08, 2018, 09:49:53 PM
Fox: Export Properties > Shortcut (Tab) > Target / Start In ; Target (for Export) should be: (filename) 0 , and for Import: (filename) 1
May 08, 2018, 08:52:00 PM
KyleRunner: I can't change the path in properties menu...
May 08, 2018, 01:27:19 AM
Fox: You may need to edit something in properties, though... so it uses the exe file in the same directory.
May 08, 2018, 01:24:59 AM
Fox: It is suppose to be a shortcut, yes.
May 03, 2018, 11:48:05 PM
KyleRunner: Fox, the "export" function in your text editor is just a shortcut... Could you please fix it?
May 02, 2018, 09:53:45 PM
KyleRunner: I come here everyday. I'm working on a Portuguese translation, and the people here help me a lot.
May 02, 2018, 08:56:07 AM
Drake baku: My feel as well, I posted a little as well since my return, but silence was all that followed... At least the forum is a great source for data when hacking GS/ GS2, currently looking for something I have read a long time ago cause my PP recovery psy is not working
May 01, 2018, 09:58:04 AM
Fox: I am thinking a lot of this might be because of Discord?
May 01, 2018, 09:56:08 AM
Fox: Yeah, this forum is more dead than ever before.  February and April have 0 new topics. (All other months prior have more.) And March has lowest number of new posts. (It'd be dumb to count the very first month this site was created.)
April 25, 2018, 09:02:13 PM
Fox: Yes. The best tool is a hex editor. Well.... VBA, VBA-SDL-H, no$gba Debugger, GBATEK, and my documentation.... to use these to learn how the code/data works. Best method because it maximizes your editing ability... and then there is my program gsmagic that I was working on. Still in its early stages, though. (Even after year(s).)
April 25, 2018, 04:21:58 PM
Xendrox D: *exept tla editor.
April 25, 2018, 04:21:29 PM
Xendrox D: is there any other tool for hacking gs?
April 23, 2018, 09:26:27 PM
Atrius: Rarely, but not never.
April 23, 2018, 08:01:48 AM
Drake baku: Can it be, the god who created the editor, atrius. I heard you never came back online here anymore
April 20, 2018, 02:46:36 PM
KyleRunner: Atrius!!
April 19, 2018, 11:29:46 PM
Atrius: @Fox, I tried, but for some reason Mario Golf won't boot, and Mario Tennis crashes when you patch out the text compression, and I'm not sure why...  The normal text loading functions in them are basically the same as the ones in the Golden Sun games.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise