News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

How Did I Do This?

Started by dwkjohn, 26, May, 2011, 10:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwkjohn

Here is a video of what happened. all i did was use the editor to change the characters as you see in the short battle scenes and go from Daila staight to lemuria to get piers and the ship quickly (i was bored ok.). however, the colors are fall colors and the ship is... something. plus i can go on land. what happened. does anyone know. http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4507/d1g.mp4
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Atrius (He/Him)

I don't see anything wrong with the colors...

How exactly did you go straight from Daila to Lemuria?  I have a feeling that has a lot to do with it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

dwkjohn

Is used that debug menu cheat. 03001287:01 i think it is. I pressed B - Start and selected Lemuria to get out i used b start again and hit world map. But i never saw that sun sprite thing before and i went through all of the sprite in the editor. The colors just seemed different. Maybe you can't tell in the video.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Crystal Sonata

Hmm. Using the Debug menu may have caused the glitch out. I haven't used it yet but i think someone should try the same thing you did and see what happens.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Arch-Dullahan

Maybe... "teleporting" to that location directly from Daila caused the game not to load the collision points of the "landmasses". Also if the colour seemed different, perhaps it loaded the colour pallet from Daila and didn't load a new pallet for the lemurian landscape? Just wondering, I am not that experienced on how golden sun works... but maybe this is possible?

dwkjohn

Is using B-Start the same as teleporting? I tried it again and this time it did the same thing except i lost piers. Thats probably because i did the story out of otder though. I just want to know what that thing is that relaced my ship. It looks kinda like a flattened sun but whatever.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Atrius (He/Him)

Sprite #666 in the editor, you sir have summoned the devil and doomed all of Weyard.

[sprite=666,0,0][/sprite]

Kinda reminds me of the lighting effects for candles, stoves, or the sun shining in through windows.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

dwkjohn

666. Interesting. I wonder what made it change to that one. It does it every time. And maybe i didn't include everything in my previous post explaining what i did. I will check it and make sure it is accurate.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

dwkjohn

I tried it again and ths time it didn't do it. I kept trying until i selected the wrong one by accident when leaving lemuria. I guess thats what it was. I hit staff credit instead of world map. I also figure out that if you do that and then use b start again to go somewhere else, you become one of the NPCs in that area. If you go to venus light house, first you are kraden, then you are the ruffian (and if you fight him, when you beat him you become him laying down.), then you become a vine that grows as you move. In the cave you are the puch ant. It is the same anywhere else only with different characters, as long as you avoid story parts and the world map.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|