News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Is this possible?

Started by Rolina, 10, November, 2008, 04:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griever

Well it's something to look up to Zman ... but it can be done without the editor at the moment ... Charon posted a tutorial on how to change songs.

here is a link that might help: http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1138.0
This should help while waiting ><

zman9000

thanks i will check it out.

so far looks very interesting.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Here's a question - is there a way to put enemy data temporarily on an ally team, so as to act as a Guest Star Party Member?  For example, let's say the the Heroes get way over their head in a battle.  After a few turns, enemy data for 3rd Fight Kain joins the battle on the Ally Side, using its AI to select which commands were used in battle (after all, they can't be manually selected by the player, being a guest), and it lasts until the battle is done.  Is this possible to pull of to your knowledge?  Because it's be a great way to introduce Kain to the players in the hack that's being planned right now...

Rolina

No, what I'm doing sounds like Dark Dawn, when you get Isaac and Garet on your team.

I figured their commands would be determined by having them use Enemy AI.  Simply put, just have their enemy data fighting on your side.  That way, no need for Lunar's "AI", which is pretty much preset commands.

Mia is based on a traditional Cleric, which is why she has no blades, but does have mace proficiency.  But I get what you're asking, and yes.  That's how Isaac and Garet became Young Isaac and Garet - by equipping the Machete.  Via that, you can create things like equipment sets and the like.  This question was one of the first things answered, actually.

Griever

Can we change the number that represents a character? Like giving 0x05 to Garet instead of Jenna?

Rolina

That'd be rather easy to do.  Just swap the values for character and class, and make sure you've got the class patch active to fill in Garet's classes.

Griever

I meant story wise Role, not class wise. I know how to make Jenna a guard and Garet a flame user. What i meant is if i can give 0x04 to Isaac, 0x05 to Garet and 0x06 to Ivan for example i can start the game with them rather than with Felix and the others.

If this is doable i can pass the echo check thing that resets my party every time i try to change characters.

Rolina

...Then do exactly what I told you to do.  That way you have a Flame User Jenna on Isaac's team and a Guard Garet on Felix's team.

Griever

Yah ... i get you ... except ... that won't work for my personal hack ... i need Isaac's sprite .... since he will be the main character (Star Ocean 4, Edge) because he is the closest when we talk about looks. Unless i can edit sprites ... which won't happen for a while ... the method I'm asking about is my only solution.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Rolina

Okay, here's a biggy:  can we add Bells and Piano to the instrument list?  While any others could be nice, those two are the most important that come to mind.

Charon

Sure. When I get the time I'll make a patch. Maybe... Wensday? I'll need a good bell/piano sample though.

Actually I'd prefer to get a list of all instruments that you'd like. That way I don't need to keep making patches >_>

Salanewt

I have some that I would like to request, but I am not sure if any of them are already in the game or not.

1. Acoustic Guitar
2. Banjo
3. Organ (electric)
4. Piano
5. Clarinet
6. Flute
7. Saxophone
8. Oboe
9. Violin

I may edit this post if I think of more. I am not sure if I would be able to get samples or not though, which is the only problem that comes to mind.

I also have a question. Would it be difficult to switch the compression format used by the PC graphics with that of enemy graphics? I would think it to be easier to do this than to convert all of the enemy graphics that might be used for purposes like this.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Pkmn-Master

Quote from: Salanewt on 12, April, 2011, 11:43:59 AM
I have some that I would like to request, but I am not sure if any of them are already in the game or not.

1. Acoustic Guitar
2. Banjo
3. Organ (electric)
4. Piano
5. Clarinet
6. Flute
7. Saxophone
8. Oboe
9. Violin
Here's my "clarification" if you will.
1. The nylon string guitar sounds like an acoustic.
2. I may have a good sample for this.
3. We might be able to use the two organs from GS:DD
4. I'll check my samples.
5. Doesn't the piccolo sound similar?
6. There is already a flute.
7. A sax would be neat. Maybe from Mother 3?
8. Already an oboe.
9. I have an HQ violin sample.

Charon

1 - This already is in the sample.
2 - Provide a good sample.
3 - Provide a good sample.
4 - Provide a good sample.
5 - Provide a good sample.
6 - This already is in the sample.
7 - Provide a good sample.
8 - This already is in the sample.
9 - Provide a good sample.

Once you have your samples put them in a zip folder, and I'll get to it asap.

Salanewt

I will see what I can do, is there a specific file format that I should use? I would guess .mid, but I might be able to get a few others.

Edit: And before I forget, which notes should I use?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Doesn't really matter but I'd prefer it if you used the same note for each of them, that way once I figure out the tuning I can apply it to the rest with little trouble.

Pkmn-Master

Should I tackle some of the samples?

EDIT: Do they have to be looped?
EDIT2: Here are a few of them.. Specifically, 3 4 and two 9s.

Charon

I need them as wavs; in a zip, too, so that I don't need to use my Flashdrive all the time.

Henceforth they do not need to be looped. You don't need to worry about bit depth, frequency ect. because I can take care of those myself as well.

Rolina

I do want to say, though, that when making music, we'll want to try and keep things as close to the original instruments as possible.  Since TLA used... celestia was it? in place of bells and piano, I want to at least hear it with that first to try and keep things with the same 'feel' as TLA.  If it doesn't sound good, then go for the new instruments I figure.

Still, it'd always be good to have the option available to us.

leaf

Celesta, role. Not celestia.

It also has a notable lack of sakuraba's signature organ(?) sound he uses in almost every one of his recent games (for an example, see here). I believe DD has an instrument that approximates it, but no such instrument exists in TLA.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]