News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Is this possible?

Started by Rolina, 10, November, 2008, 04:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 27, March, 2010, 11:59:04 PM
Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 27, March, 2010, 07:38:21 AM
Is it possible to make the main dood speak more often? Silent heroes are BORING!!!
You already asked that.  We already told you that it's easy as hell.  You just make someone talk, but make that someone them.  It's just something that automatically comes with the text editor, and is a matter of STORYTELLING, not programming.
Ahh, I forgot that. I forget stuff alot....Err what day is it?
I don't know if someone asked this already, but is it possible to make single use items that gives a spell to a character when used? Like an eatable Hover Jade! lol

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 27, March, 2010, 11:07:46 PM
The Garet "are we there yet?" thing made me lol.
The Garet "are we there yet?" thing? Where's from?

Salanewt

Edit: I deleted my last question because I decided that I disliked it. I do have a new question to ask though, based on a recent discussion.

Confuse/Charm! I know that is possible to do this (looking at Mold) and probably not too hard, but I have a question about allowing it to be used on a PC. Would it be possible to code this ability to read the target's current class and level, and then be able to select any ability to use from that class data?

For example, Felix is level 5 with Quake, Spire, Cure, and he is a Squire. A Love Machine casts Charm, and Felix starts fighting for the Love Machine. Will it be possible to read Felix as a Squire, and allow the game to randomly select any psynergy which is not above his current level (and to throw in Attack and Defence as well)?

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

I suppose that could be possible, but I don't think it'd be a very practical approach.  Instead, try having it be strictly mold's effect for both confuse and charm.  When we get the effect and/or ailment editors, we should be able to have a better way to do this.  But remember, enemies have a lot higher stats than the party, so if you get charmed, you could wipe yourself out in two or three attacks.

Aile~♥

Would it be possible to have a code patch to change the maximum values for Player Character stats?

Say, for example, I wanted to make the highest possible HP value for a player character be 9999 (which I do, by the way). I'd just go into Code Patches section and set maximum HP value to 9999.

P.S.: And is version 0.3 of the editor going to fix the bug where changing an attack with range "ALL" and then saving multiple times causes it to display the symbol for single-target abilities, while really having a range of 11 targets? Because that's a very annoying bug you know. So is not being able to edit Defence.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

It's also annoying being asked to fixed defense editing for v0.3 half a dozen times after I've already said it's done.  I believe I did fix the range bug already as well, I'll have to double check though.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

We should make a rule that states if you don't look at previous errors and suggestions, then go and suggest something that's already been implemented, you should get a temporary ban for not looking to see if it was addressed already.

Nothing too harsh, but maybe a week or two as a punishment for not using common sense.

Atrius (He/Him)

It's hardly worth banning people over.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

I dunno, the refusal to search to see if your questions have been answered already is something that I think should be punishable.  If we still had the warn system, I day it's worth a warning, but short of that, a small temporary ban may be in order.

Or at least set up a rule that states to at least search to see if something's been done before, and we'll do a system of verbal warnings or something.

Aile~♥

I was WELL AWARE that the thing of being unable to edit defence has already been fixed for version 0.3 of the editor. (I did not know if the range glitch had been fixed, however.)

I was just stating that it's annoying, though I'm pretty sure you were already well aware of that. XD

Basically, I was being an annoying spammer. (Hey, at least I admit it! >.<)

Rolina

No, I think it was because of a few new members saying that it needs to be fixed, not you.  Yes, we all know it's annoying, but I don't think that Atrius was directing it towards you or anything.

Aile~♥

I'm pretty sure he was. Now that that's settled, let's get back on topic and stop spamming in here.

Quick, before Atrius locks it.

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: i_am_isaac on 14, May, 2010, 12:22:31 AM
Is it possible to hack the game to make saturos joins your party?

I'm not sure if you were there for this discussion, but the way Golden Sun is programmed only allows 8 party members period.  It would be possible to replace someone else with him, but not add him as a new party member.

i_am_isaac

Ah well thanks. Maybe I'm sleeping or something that time.
Now is it possible to change the maximum values of stats?
Like I want to change the max HP from 1999 to 9999?
Tsk... college life is nice...

Shinigami

I'm not sure weather anyone else has already asked this(there are 9 pages of discussion, would take ages to search through :sad: )but...
Would it be possible to edit the rewards for lucky medal throws?
Or edit the rewards/outcomes for forging(and adding/replacing materials that can be forged)?

Thanks in advance :medal:
So nanoka~

Salanewt

Actually, I wouldn't mind find out exactly about the Lemurian Spring, even if I do not use it myself. I do have a question though.

Is it possible to alter the name changing screens, so only the one screen comes up? Basically, to disable the button combinations for the other characters, and reduce it so only one name comes up. Additionally, I was wondering if we could have a character naming screen for someone who does not join the party. I have an idea for my Mario hack, where I plan on adding a Kraden-like star sprite, but the player has to name them. This will also be the same name that appears on the File Select screen.

Oh, and the one character (maybe two) that I would like the player to be able to rename would be characters 6 and 7 (mainly 6, but I have thought of 7 as well).

Before I forget, do you know where the events are that make Felix/Jenna/Sheba/Piers/Isaac/Garet/Ivan/Mia join your team? I would not mind mixing it up a bit, since it is required for the story that I am working on (and I also want to wait until later before working on DK).

Have a nice day.

P.S. i_am_isaac, your question was asked not too long before you asked yours.

Edit: I suppose I could explain my theory on getting the file naming code to work. First, we would add a new character slot. Nothing would work in this slot (I could just copy all of the pointers for one character if it is required), but we would change one of the name changing sequences to allow this to be changed. And then we just plug it in whenever required, similar to how characters like Felix or Ivan are currently in.

Edit 2: Actually, it might be much simpler to just allow it for a string of text, and then a command that can be used will refer to this string when finding the name.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Griever

Is it possible to have a Venus or any other djinn (Not Mars) to rise Mars element power by 5 rather than there default? i can't find a way to do that ...

And if its related to coding, can you direct me to the place where i need to do the editing?

Thanks

thenightsshadow

I'm pretty sure that you'd have to change a Djinni to have a Venus sprite and orientation but code it to be a Mars Djinni.

If that's correct, it's far beyond what the editor can do atm.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Griever

Oh ok thanks for the info.

Awec

If I changed the weapon system around so that Mia could use weapons she normally could not (essentially just ticking the boxes in the editor), would it work without any extra work, or would I need to put in sprites or do some crazy things that involve work to stop the game from borking?
If it does work, would it look odd? (Hmm... imagine Mia holding a sword like she holds rods...)
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Griever

If for example you have Mia equip a sword but she only has her default sprites, the game will decide on what sprite to use. I had Garet try to equip a staff and he had a mace in battle. So you will need to change sprites to have Mia hold a sword in battle.