News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Is this possible?

Started by Rolina, 10, November, 2008, 04:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkmn-Master

Zipped version

EDIT: @leafgreen: I put one of the organs from Dark Dawn in there.
and Role, I totally agree with you on that, so that's why I got samples from only Dark Dawn.

Sleipnir36

One question: Is it possible to give different weapons different kind of damage types like blugeing, stabing or cutting?

Rolina

So Piercing, Slashing, and Bashing?

I think to introduce those, you'd need an EFoC... since you'd have to count them as secondary elements and give them their own resistances.

Alternatively, you could just make new animations for each kind of attack, and just have it be a by-weapon basis, as is done with the weapons they hold in battle.

Charon

On the samples, I'll try to get them up by Friday.

Pkmn-Master

I'm just checking in to see what progress has been done.

Pkmn-Master

Bumpinate.

Did you forget about the patch Charon? You said you'd try to get it up by Friday like 3 weeks ago.

Shinigami

Would it be possible to make healing psynergy act on percentages rather than fixed numbers (such as: "character" casts [insertpsyname], "character2" has [whatever % of maximum hp is in non-% numerical value] restored. Instead of: "character" casts [insertpsyname], "character2" has ~1000 HP restored) like with Cotalicue?, except it would be a one turn only thing... and use the power slot (in the editor) to determine it's effectiveness.

<--- Bad at explaining stuff...

Also if ^ is possible, would it be possible to make the psy act on the caster's stats, eg:
Char1 has 1000 Max HP.
Char2 has 650 Max HP.

Char1 casts a psy that restores 30% health on Char2.
Char2 recovers 300 HP, instead of 195 HP.
?

I'm not sure whether any of that actually made sense, if not, I apologise...
So nanoka~

Rolina

So you're asking if we can make it work like how it does for djinn instead?  I suppose it is possible, but you need the formula editor if you want to just write it in the field.

Aile~♥

It does work, but there are some annoying limitations: It doesn't work outside of battle, and it takes up the secondary effect slot.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

He's asking to make it in a way that works, Jamie.  I told him that once the formula editor is done, you can change the power field to be percentage based, thus fixing the problem of it needing the secondary field.

zman9000

I'm looking foward to that... some interesting things I could do then.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx