News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Role's Editor Templates

Started by Rolina, 15, January, 2011, 11:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

If you're getting an actual error message, go post it in the Error Messages thread.  That's a problem with the editor, not the patch.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Mmmkay. Decided I would download your corrupted patch ( http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=25 ), and transfer the stuff I know for sure is corrupt-free. This patch should work fine for all ROMs that are either clean or modified by Atrius's editor. (I think. It still should be noted for modified ROMs, that any class data that appears unedited is because they were already the correct value in a Clean ROM to begin with.)

In this patch, we have retained the following.
Class Separation Patch
Class Data

I have not transferred the following, so they will be the same as in the original GS2 game. (Or whatever your ROM has them as.)
Party Levels (Sheba and Piers had level 0, but I kept them as 5 and 18.)
Class Names (Left un-transferred mostly because they may be repointed/resized.)
Innate Psynergy changes...? (Previously, it looked like Isaac didn't have Move and Retreat anymore, but was given Spire?)
Everything else, including any other text strings, have been left un-transferred.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Also, Mia's name was corrupted, going to change stuff on the party screen crashes the editor,etc.

The strange thing?  In the latest version of that patch, the /only/ thing that was supposed to be changed was the classes.

Yeah, I noticed Mia's name was Water in the text editor. (I think.)

I didn't look into exactly why the Party Editor crashed, but with my patch, it should be accessible now. (My best bet without looking into it is that a pointer probably got corrupted and points you outside the file. But if such problems can be re-produced easily... then maybe I'll look into it...)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Yeah, it's really strange.  I have no idea how it became corrupted.  I'll test it out in a bit when I get some time... thanks for taking the time to fix it.

You are welcome. I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner. It's rather an easy and process. A process that probably takes only a couple minutes, but I took a bit longer since at first I wanted to figure out what all was in the patch, but I think I eventually changed my mind and decided to only patch those.

I was using IPSelect, so I could simply un-check the corrupted sections to keep from patching them.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

I'm posting to say that Role made a little Boobie with Entry 132. (This applies to the patch linked in the first post, and to the one that I corrected earlier.) It's supposed to be a blank slot with a Class Type of 0. With Level Requirements of 0, 0, 0, and 0.

However, with it at a class type of 9, and Mercury Req. of 5 and Mars Req. of 4. Anyone givingGaret just six Mercury Djinn will give him this "?" class.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Misery

Wait, is there anything special with entry #132?
Is the issue that he gets this class, or that he doesn't get it? Because the class you're describing is what he should get with 6 Mercury djinn, as the resulting level 6 in Mercury becomes greater than his natural 5 Mars, resulting in a class type of 9 instead of 3 (this is the class Mia would normally get if you gave her 4 Mars djinn).

As I said in the chatbox...

The issue is that Lishy is getting this entry because Role FORGOT to clear this.

If Role had cleared this entry, he would be getting the correct entry instead. (Which is at 81.)

Apparently Role forgot to make the 2 in the Text string a 3.

Wat Mar 3

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Mion Sonozaki

Quote from: Teawater on 03, September, 2013, 04:26:21 AM
I'm posting to say that Role made a little Boobie with Entry 132. (This applies to the patch linked in the first post, and to the one that I corrected earlier.) It's supposed to be a blank slot with a Class Type of 0. With Level Requirements of 0, 0, 0, and 0.

However, with it at a class type of 9, and Mercury Req. of 5 and Mars Req. of 4. Anyone givingGaret just six Mercury Djinn will give him this "?" class.
Resolved!

THANKIES!

Rolina

Whoops.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Sorry about the hiccup.