News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Ability Type 0C attack increase (Magaera)

Started by Mion Sonozaki, 23, August, 2013, 11:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mion Sonozaki

Copied from Chat log:
QuoteEven if you change High Impact, Magaera will still increase my team's attack.  Any way to make the 0C ability type (Magera's attack increase) into user-only, and give only 12% attack?

Misery

Set targeting to "user" in the editor.
Megaera already gives 12.5% attack.
If you don't want the "hurt" animation when you use it, you'll have to change the type value into something other than 0C (00 should work).

Changing High Impact has no effect on Megaera since it's a different ability.

Mion Sonozaki

Quote from: Misery on 24, August, 2013, 05:17:49 AM
Set targeting to "user" in the editor.
Megaera already gives 12.5% attack.
If you don't want the "hurt" animation when you use it, you'll have to change the type value into something other than 0C (00 should work).

Changing High Impact has no effect on Megaera since it's a different ability.

Change Megaera to User Single-target 1, with ability type 00, and my EPA to 0C? Yeah, didn't work. Still boosts entire team attack instead of just the user.

To clarify: I want to make an EPA which buffs its user's attack each time it's used. However Ability Type 0c keeps buffing the ENTIRE team instead of simply the user.

Misery

Change your Elemental Physical Attack to 0C? What does that even mean?
0C is the ability type, and I meant to change it into a different type since I thought you were trying to change the summon into a buff.
That's also why I said to change targeting type into "User" - doing that makes the ability affect only the one who cast it regardless of how many targets it has. But that won't help you with an EPA, since you probably don't want to be hitting yourself with it.

Afraid I can't help you then.

Mion Sonozaki

Quote from: Misery on 24, August, 2013, 11:16:01 AM
Change your Elemental Physical Attack to 0C?
I want to change an EPA/Unleash to grant its user attack power each time it's used. (Think: Rollout from Pokemon.)

Changing my EPA to :Ability Type 0C (http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1416.0) grants High Impact, but I want to nerf that to only apply buffs on the user.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

0811D8FE = 0x67 is High Impact.

That value itself doesn't affect who gets High Impact, but the code that is before this address does. (I think.)

(0811D8D6 is where the PCs are grabbed in the data and moved to another location so the impacts are applied to them. 0811D8FA may set how many PCs it applies to.)

Ofcourse, it is unfortunate that this has nothing to do with the graphic animation, it seems.

I suppose I could leave myself a note here, just in case: 0811DCEA = Ability Type 0x0C code. (Where it all starts.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Mion Sonozaki

Quote from: Teawater on 31, August, 2013, 10:18:18 AM0811D8FA may set how many PCs it applies to.)

The value of that is 57... So how would I set it to self? :S

edit: Setting it to 47 makes it only increase attack on myself... But was that correct?

Edit #2: Oops nope. It only increases attack of leftmost party member.

The right thing to do is to recode most of this stuff.

0811D8FA:2301

That should make it so one party member gets impact. Since it is the left most one, you will need to rewrite the code at around 0811D8D6 or something like that to make it so it gets the user one. (I think.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Mion Sonozaki

Quote from: Teawater on 31, August, 2013, 12:25:27 PM
The right thing to do is to recode most of this stuff.

0811D8FA:2301

That should make it so one party member gets impact. Since it is the left most one, you will need to rewrite the code at around 0811D8D6 or something like that to make it so it gets the user one. (I think.)
Well which value corresponds to "user"-targeted? The editor doesn't show me it.

Either the one at 020306C8, or the one at 020306CA. They seem to be the same as far as I know? (I haven't checked their differences yet.) (Yes, you have to grab them from the code, I think.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Mion Sonozaki

Quote from: Teawater on 31, August, 2013, 12:36:20 PM
Either the one at 020306C8, or the one at 020306CA. They seem to be the same as far as I know? (I haven't checked their differences yet.) (Yes, you have to grab them from the code, I think.)
Not sure what that means, but for an ability like Magaera, wouldn't they be x08 and not x02? Anyways, both are pages full of 0000000. How does this apply to Magaera targeting?

WILD MISSINGNO APPEARED!

This is what I have currently.

At 0811D8AA, put in:

70EB strb r3, [r5, #0x3]
2700 mov r7, #0x0
746F strb r7, [r5, #0x11]
2601 mov r6, #0x1
7FEE strb r6, [r5, #0x1F]
202D mov r0, #0x2D
542F strb r7, [r5, r0]
203B mov r0, #0x3B
542E strb r6, [r5, r0]
E01D b $0811D8FA
(Everything after, and up until 0811D8FA is ignored.)

And the location at 0811D8FA should still be 2301.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Mion Sonozaki

Whoops. How about try changing 0811D8BC to 1D? (Instead of it being 1C.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden