News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

My Introduction : Isaac:

Started by Goldensunfan10, 02, October, 2013, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldensunfan10

Hello, Golden sun hacking.net forum@
i'm Goldensunfan10, a recent new user to the forums here (joined yesterday)
I'm a very big fan of the Golden sun series, i have Golden sun 1 and 2 on GBA, i still have the carts from 2001-2003 in good condition and I'm playing them on my ds etc.

I'm working on a GS 2 and GS 1 hack of mine using the Golden sun editor by Altus (big thanx for him for making it for us to use  :happy: )

i joined these forums to share my experience on the gs hacking stuff, get some help on some hacking queries etc.  :Isaac:

my favorite charater is :Isaac: .
through the others are awesome too.

i have also played GS DD, it's awesome too. but lacks the lighthouse elements etc from the previous games. but overall GS series is fantastic

I'm a college student ATM, and I'm interested in video game hacking etc.
so GS hacking drew my attention immediately.

i can't wait to share my hacking experience and get to meet new fans of GS hacking :)

that's my intro.

-Goldensunfan10

Misery

Heya, nice to see a fellow GS fan and aspiring "hacker". These forums are kind of dead though for the time being, but feel free to discuss your ideas here and/or ask questions about how to do stuff with the editor. Or in general, although when you can't do something with the editor it tends to become pretty complicated pretty quickly. GS certainly isn't a very hacker-friendly game.

Oh, and here are some helpful links in case you're looking for how to do stuff.
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1411.0

Goldensunfan10

Quote from: Misery on 02, October, 2013, 07:01:50 PM
Heya, nice to see a fellow GS fan and aspiring "hacker". These forums are kind of dead though for the time being, but feel free to discuss your ideas here and/or ask questions about how to do stuff with the editor. Or in general, although when you can't do something with the editor it tends to become pretty complicated pretty quickly. GS certainly isn't a very hacker-friendly game.

Oh, and here are some helpful links in case you're looking for how to do stuff.
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=1411.0

hey Misery!
thanx for the reply, glad to be on GS hacking.
also, before i joined gs hacking (when i was coming to the site back and froth for info on various gs stuff while working on the editor) i saw there wasn't much activity. never mind that through, maybe now with my questions, etc there might/may be some activity.

um, i'll be sure to ask all my questions i have related to the editor.

yeah, i knida was wondering on what to do when i the editor couldn't provide me with X solution for Y problem, but ten after trying and failing, i gave up  :sad:
also, the editor that Alrtus was working on, v0.4.2 big fix is his last version? i read that he won't be updating it anymore?

there's Teawater's Version of GS Lost age editor through. (it is developing slowly bit by bit?)

i'll check out the gs section for the editor and post my questions etc.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Atrius's latest version is 0.5, check the News and Announcements forum.

Quotethere's Teawater's Version of GS Lost age editor through. (it is developing slowly bit by bit?)
Or not at all, if you are talking about Game Maker. As or my New Editor plan, there's not really enough to say quite yet. (Haven't worked on it enough to show promising progress, except for my tests in Visual Basic with trying to display code. I'm still hoping to move this stuff to Java when I get it sorted out, though. Which will be whenever I randomly work on it.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)