News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

My questions on GS hacking, help mostly

Started by Goldensunfan10, 03, October, 2013, 10:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldensunfan10

hay everyone,
GSfan10 here
and i would like to ask some of my questions that i have on the editor.

through my testing of the editor i came across these issues:

1) for my GS 2 hack, i wanted to change Briggs and his pirates to Saturos and Menandi. i changed their battle sprites etc.
but for changing briggs's room sprite along with his pirate buddy to Saturos and Menandi, i have checked the section of "map" for the room that houses briggs and pirate buddy, but no luck, any help on what the Room/Map code for accessing his room is? (the one where you fight him)

2) for changing the battle sprites of the GS 1 charaters, i know that Felix/Shebia/Peirs's battle sprites and portraits don't exist in GS 1, but jenna's does.
   i know isn't possible to change the battle and portraits(only peri's doesn't exist) in GS 1 to the GS2 charters as their data doesn't exist in GS 1.

but, if i change the battle sprite of Iassac to young iassac (to have some ex fleix) and jenna, ivan becomes young garret (shebia) and mia becomes um something.
if i do this of gs 1, then when i carry my save over to GS2, does the battle sprites of the Iassac party (felix dubbed) have to be the same as in GS1 or will their GS 2 sprites work fine?

that's all for now. thanx for reading 

Aile~♥

1. Most areas have separate interior/exterior maps. Dunno which one is the interior of the ship in Alhafra's port, though.

2. Dunno what's going on there. Theoretically, sprite swapping one character shouldn't cause the others to be randomly sprite-swapped to various things as well.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Goldensunfan10

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 03, October, 2013, 11:02:02 AM
1. Most areas have separate interior/exterior maps. Dunno which one is the interior of the ship in Alhafra's port, though.

2. Dunno what's going on there. Theoretically, sprite swapping one character shouldn't cause the others to be randomly sprite-swapped to various things as well.

Thanx for the helpful advice, JamietheFlameuser!
I rechecked the map section for Briggs room and finally found it under: 99: AA_FUME.

And managed to change the sprites to not exactly Satouros and Meninadi, but to something different.
Wasn't able to edit briggs's text dialogue, not sure why.

For the gs I, I changed the battle sprites of iassac/garet/Ivan/Mia to young iassac (Felix dub), Jenna, young garet (Sheba dub) and menadi (piers dub).

The weapon sprites are a bit messed up as iassac shows his sword and his normal sword above young iassac's head. Werid, but gs I doesn't contain the stuff from gs ii, so I'll make dew with what I have.

Yeah, it's pretty good I guess.

ElectricArcher

Quote from: Goldensunfan10 on 03, October, 2013, 10:17:24 AM
if i do this of gs 1, then when i carry my save over to GS2, does the battle sprites of the Iassac party (felix dubbed) have to be the same as in GS1 or will their GS 2 sprites work fine?

If I understand you correctly, you're asking if changing character sprites in GS1 will have an effect on character sprites in GS2 after transferring data.
I'm 99% sure that the answer is no - the sprites ought to be completely unrelated to the transfer. Only data like stats, items, levels, Djinn, and a few other things are involved in the transfer. There's no reason for the sprites to be involved; sprite data is already stored separately in GS2. But I've never tried it myself, though.

Aile~♥

QuoteWasn't able to edit briggs's text dialogue, not sure why.

The dialogue for the cutscene doesn't show up when you click the characters on the map, so you'll have to go to the "Text" section of the editor and find the dialogue there. The whole cutscene's dialogue should be there in a row, so it shouldn't be difficult to do. Just remember that you can't change the emotes the characters use.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Goldensunfan10

Quote from: ElectricArcher on 07, October, 2013, 05:27:13 PM
Quote from: Goldensunfan10 on 03, October, 2013, 10:17:24 AM

If I understand you correctly, you're asking if changing character sprites in GS1 will have an effect on character sprites in GS2 after transferring data.
I'm 99% sure that the answer is no - the sprites ought to be completely unrelated to the transfer. Only data like stats, items, levels, Djinn, and a few other things are involved in the transfer. There's no reason for the sprites to be involved; sprite data is already stored separately in GS2. But I've never tried it myself, though.

thanx for the useful info, ElectricArcher :VenusDjinni: :happy:
i'm glad that the sprites aren't affecting the game in any way.

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 07, October, 2013, 08:21:00 PM
QuoteWasn't able to edit briggs's text dialogue, not sure why.

The dialogue for the cutscene doesn't show up when you click the characters on the map, so you'll have to go to the "Text" section of the editor and find the dialogue there. The whole cutscene's dialogue should be there in a row, so it shouldn't be difficult to do. Just remember that you can't change the emotes the characters use.

i have figured as much out, i looked at the "text" section, but it is SO big that i couldn't find the briggs text that i wanted. :(
will need to look again for it more carefully, just like the AA_FUME that i found after carefully looking for it, the same way i will find the text for briggs.

thanx for the tip, Jamietheflameuser