News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

My own ideas behind Silver Moon [concept]

Started by Luna_blade, 20, October, 2013, 02:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna_blade

!First read this topic:
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2286.0
I might change the whole fanfic to use these theories, and making most of what I have written below useless.

After playing GS I made a story which takes place before GS(TLA).
The story isn't complete and somethings can be considered non-cannon.
I haven't played DD at all so correct me if I talk about events that don't excist in the game.

The world of Weyard is flat but we have only seen one side.
The other side is not inhabited by humans or animals but only by a few demons and monsters.
On the other side there is also four lighthouses. When those are lit not a golden sun but a Silver Moon appears.
(I think there are at least 8 elemental stars on Weyard)
These lighthouses when lit do provide some power to Weyard however, they stop providing after a while and cause Psynergy Vortexes (in DD).
In my story sixteen heroes rise to light those LH, because they found out that the world will crumble without Alchemy. And the Wise One appears to tell that they have to light those LH on the other side. The wise one knows about the downside of the Silver Moon, bat also that in a few centuries the Golden Sun will come to balance Alchemy.

I conected this idea to the various characters from the history of Weyard.
At least Babi, Lunpa, Obaba, Yepp, Yegelos and Hoabna (I'm not english, how do you pronounce Hoabna?) will be in the story.
You could possibly deduce the time when this event happened in the GS world, but I rather keep it vague.
(then I can say that every character lives at the same time)

I also connected the Silver Moon event with The Flood and Anemos city becoming the Moon.
However I must still decide if I want it in the story or not.

If you have any questions about the story, be sure to ask.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Having sixteen characters would probably take quite a bit of rework on the data, so it would be very difficult to do without a plan/proper editing methods. You may even need to get rid of some data to have room enough in RAM.
QuoteAt least Babi, Lunpa, Obaba, Yepp, Yegelos and Hoabna (I'm not english, how do you pronounce Hoabna?) will be in the story.
I don't think most of those names are English? (I am not 100% sure how to pronounce Hoabna either, but my guess is probably Ho-ab-na.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Luna_blade

Ok but unless the GSE gets finished, I'm planning to make the game with GM. (as mentioned in an earlier post)

Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Game Maker? By the way, does Game Maker have a way of not taking up so much CPU for the entire time the game application is open?

I wish you good luck. (Have you already started on it?)

The GS Editor, the one I was planning to do in Java... is still sort of being delayed. And I ended up working on my Yoshi Magic program a little bit more, so I'm sorry for taking so long.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Knight of Purgatory

Dont worry Teawater, At least you're trying to do something for golden sun.
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Luna_blade

I haven't started yet, altough I don't even know if I'm going to do it myself or ask other people for help.
This thread was created so that I could place (a link to) the fanfiction, but it is far from done.

Well you would have to make a big RPG if you want GM to be slow. There is this one project I know that had to use special code to keep the game running smooth, but it has way to much physics and sprites and wasn't an RPG. Except for the battles, this won't be a problem at all for a GS game as far as I know.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Misery

Speaking of Game Maker... apparently, you can get a standard license for free now. No idea how long they will be doing this, so anyone who wants it would better get and enter their key for the standard version ASAP even if you're not going to use it for a while (that's what I did).
http://gamemakerblog.com/2013/11/25/gamemaker-studio-standard-edition-is-currently-free-50-value/

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic.

I got Game Maker for free as well. When it was GM8.1. (Though, it was probably the illegal method of downloading something off-site, which is why I never mentioned about it. But either way, knowing that it was possible to retrieve in the way that I did was nice to know, anyway. Didn't think it was worth buying if the product wasn't something I'd actually use.)

Does the legal method mean you also get free updates/upgrades?

Still though, even with this, I still think I want to do that GS Editor in Java.

-GM lacks IO support, when not using DLLs.
-No Goto command.
-Annoying navigation
-It might only be free temporarily
-Java is multi-platform compatible. (No need for WINE in Mac.)
-Ofcourse, with languages like Java, that give you source code text files, auto-conversions might be easier to code if one wants to switch languages? (Might still be a bit of work, though.) As far as I know, you can export GML scripts, but not the objects.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Misery

I assume it is treated just as if you bought the standard license.

Oh, and I definitely think you should keep using Java for the editor. I was just thinking I might be able to use GM to make smaller games or prototypes of bigger ones.

Luna_blade

Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Raetah

Silver Moon was actually the first name to my spiritual sequel i dream to make one day. It is not really original name at all.
One sightly flaw, that the gravity of Weyard works differently from the gravity of the Earth
Just look how Water acts in Weyard, The earth is not exactly round, but the water is attracted to it and doents go away, just like everything and we can include us there.
But the water of Weyard ITS FALLING AWAY from the world, if Weyard had earth gravity the water wouldnt do that it would COVER the entire planet even with this having a Flat form.

But well, there still chances of making your history compatible with the game if you change some basic things of structures. Imagine if for example for the inhabitants of down of Weyard had the land over his heads and in the floor they can see and infinite sky, It would be FANTASTIC, constructions, entire cities being hanging to Weyard with Chains and or ropes or why not sometype of psynergy.

Actually i had the personal theory of... What if Weyard is not a world itself rather than a Floating Massive Continent. What if under Weyard exist a world simmilar to the earth, that would actually explain (ignoring the fact of having a massive continent floating) why does the water falls to somewhere.

But well those are just my FAN non-cannon theories.

Luna_blade

Well Raetah your post will not go unheard.
Your theories are interesting and I might use some things.

I sorta think that the water flows back through rivers on the other side, and then magically appears on the "normal" side of Weyard.

Anyway, the fanfic is far from done, and I will still post it once it is.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Luna_blade

This project/concept is really being slowed down. :um:

First: I'm encountering plot holes. I will try to fix them, but this will probably result in some kind of shitty Deus Ex Machina... Well at least the rest of the story will be good.
Second: Now I'm also busy with the DC Revival project.
Starting next week, I will finally have a two week free days from school. So hopefully I will be able to share some map or other concept stuff.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Thunder-squall

O, were your plans to use 'Game Maker' (from yoyo), or 'RPG Maker?'

RPG Maker may be faster in terms of getting up a prototype, but Game Maker's probably going to be easier to script in.  I didn't think about it before, but it's probably a good choice.  And more freely available too.

Luna_blade

Well uhhh, yes that's right. I had a little conversation in the CBox and decided that I'm goint to use RPGmaker. I know a tiny bit on GameMaker but it is just not necessarily build for RPG's.

Well actually you got a point there and I'm seeing that RPGmaker has a trial version.

I guess I will use GameMaker now.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Thunder-squall

Well if you're not *already* using Game Maker, then I think RPG Maker is the way to go.  Using RPG Maker is pretty easy and fun, and it's what we need in the short term anyway.

Then again, if you haven't bought RPG Maker yet, you can use Game Maker for free... Dude, I really have no idea for which is the better choice.  I say just do whatever you want, so you can at least give advise to people who come after you.

Luna_blade

Uhh yeah. Until this whole new thing about a RPGmaker GS is discovered, am I delaying that choice.
I mean, if could just take the engine, it would safe me half the work...
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Luna_blade

Quote from: RolinaStart with a seed and make it grow.  You start with the protagonist's starting town and culture, then you describe what the region is like - such as geography and what the major economic sources are (mining, farming, fishing, etc), then the country and it's political details and overarching culture.  Then you make its neighbors.  You expand to the continent.  You keep at it, eventually stopping when you've made the whole world.
Ha, just realised I did not follow the model she proposed, that's because I started before I read it.

Anyway just posting to notify that I will hopefully make some concept maps. :heart:
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Rolina

I forget - does Silver Moon take place on a Flip Side of Weyard, or a Land Below Weyard?

I have a feeling it is a flip-side... as implied in a few lines.

QuoteThe world of Weyard is flat but we have only seen one side.
The other side is not inhabited by humans or animals but only by a few demons and monsters.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden