News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

My own ideas behind Silver Moon [concept]

Started by Luna_blade, 20, October, 2013, 02:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Sweet, then I've got a great idea for you!

Take Weyard's world map.  Flip it horizontally.  There's you're base.

From that base, you start to tweak - slightly change a coastline, but not by much, make a river zig instead of zag, swap a forest and desert or something, tweak a mountain range slightly, change where beaches are, etc.  This will make the world feel different - moreso than just flipping it.  The idea is to make it so that if you were to flip the map and line it up, it'd be a close match, but not perfect.

Next, the only locations you'll keep are where the four lighthouses, the Mount Aleph analogue, and the Vale analogue are located.  Other than that, the location of pretty much all structures should be different.  Change how bridges lead you across the land, have your towns located in other areas, have a great Foresty-Rock location where Air's Rock was (and replace the desert with a thick forest), etc.

None of the TBS and TLA dungeons will be reused - any place that is conveniently where a similar place used to be would have an all-new layout.

Follow these things, and you'll have your baseline overall geography.  All you'll need then is to figure out where to put your towns and cities, and where to direct the story. ^-^

Luna_blade

Quote from: Rolina on 06, May, 2014, 07:45:03 PM
Sweet, then I've got a great idea for you!

Take Weyard's world map.  Flip it horizontally.  There's you're base.

From that base, you start to tweak - slightly change a coastline, but not by much, make a river zig instead of zag, swap a forest and desert or something, tweak a mountain range slightly, change where beaches are, etc.  This will make the world feel different - moreso than just flipping it.  The idea is to make it so that if you were to flip the map and line it up, it'd be a close match, but not perfect.

Next, the only locations you'll keep are where the four lighthouses, the Mount Aleph analogue, and the Vale analogue are located.  Other than that, the location of pretty much all structures should be different.  Change how bridges lead you across the land, have your towns located in other areas, have a great Foresty-Rock location where Air's Rock was (and replace the desert with a thick forest), etc.

None of the TBS and TLA dungeons will be reused - any place that is conveniently where a similar place used to be would have an all-new layout.

Follow these things, and you'll have your baseline overall geography.  All you'll need then is to figure out where to put your towns and cities, and where to direct the story. ^-^
I realised something yesterday. If the other side of Flip-Side Weyard is sorta inverse...
And the normal Weyard map represents a Luna...
Then it all makes sense if the other side represents a Sol!!!

Also, I'm not even sure which of the three theories we have right now I will choose. They all fit in, unless I want the other side to be populated by monsters.... Which I kinda had in mind.

I'll see into it. Right now I'm going to make some concept maps and after that start working the upper continent.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Rolina

"Represents a Luna/Sol"?

Could you explain what you mean by that?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteAnd the normal Weyard map represents a Luna...
Then it all makes sense if the other side represents a Sol!!!
Are you referring to the shape all the land takes?

Let's take a look at the thickness of Weyard:

Those waterfalls go pretty far, don't they? ... So how will these be viewed on the flip side?
-Falling down? Just like it is here?
-Falling up onto the land?
-Falling up pass the land? (You could even consider having something like a dome, if you wanted to.)

Um... I'm thinking falling down is more likely. - How thick would Weyard be, anyway?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Misery

Quote from: Rolina on 07, May, 2014, 07:00:29 PM
"Represents a Luna/Sol"?

The land on Weyard was originally shaped like a crescent moon, as seen on the map shown by King Hydros.

Quote from: Teawater on 07, May, 2014, 07:54:03 PM
Let's take a look at the thickness of Weyard:
Those waterfalls go pretty far, don't they? ... So how will these be viewed on the flip side?
-Falling up pass the land? (You could even consider having something like a dome, if you wanted to.)

Um... I'm thinking falling down is more likely. - How thick would Weyard be, anyway?
The presence of the waterfalls definitely causes some problems for the theory that Weyard might have an inhabited flip side...

Luna_blade

Quote from: Rolina on 07, May, 2014, 07:00:29 PM
"Represents a Luna/Sol"?

Quote from: MiseryThe land on Weyard was originally shaped like a crescent moon, as seen on the map shown by King Hydros.
Exactly as Misery says. The other side would in that case feature a round landmass.

Quote from: TeawaterThose waterfalls go pretty far, don't they? ... So how will these be viewed on the flip side?

http://www.goldensun-syndicate.net/tlawalk/index.html This is the source of Teawater's picture?
Anyway, is it fanmade or from Nintendo/Camelot? This one is from Nintendo:http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100626195028/nintendo/en/images/3/3c/Weyard.jpg

And I don't have much to say about the Flip-side theory, since I'm not that familiar with it. But as for the Plateau theory I say it's at least thick enough to hold all the weight and the maximum thickness would be a kilometer or so.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Rolina

@Map/Falls:  That could also be an artistic rendition - plus, DD already showed that locations and shapes can be retconed.

Luna_blade

Quote from: Rolina on 08, May, 2014, 09:05:25 AM
@Map/Falls:  That could also be an artistic rendition
Agreed.
Quote from: Rolina on 08, May, 2014, 09:05:25 AM
- plus, DD already showed that locations and shapes can be retconed.
Hmm, you mean like evidence found in DD might be unusable?
Then is the question not: Is DD more cannon or TLA?
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Rolina

They're all equally cannon.  DD just showed that the locations of things can be changed because LOLalchemy.  See: Kolima