Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 16, 2018, 09:39:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: History of Weyard  (Read 8806 times)
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 11:22:37 AM »

I don't think we said a Proxian actually did the sealing, although, it could be possible.

Quote from posts:
Me:  a Proxian was involved in sealing alchemy
Luna_blade: a Proxian helped Sealing Alchemy.

Anyway, if one of the Guardians would live in Prox (And be the founder), I'd call them a Proxian, I think.

Edit: How do we know if these cities were founded earlier on in preparation of the sealing? What if the cities were built when the lighthouses were built? (Assuming Lighthouses take time to build, and you need to take care of yourself at a town. Ex: Inn)

But I have a question : why is Prox threatened by the edge of the world whilst Imil is not ?
Because Prox is closer to the edge than Imil?

Venus Lighthouse / Babi Lighthose = Lalivero
Mercury Lighthouse = Imil
Mars Lighthouse - Prox
Jupiter Lighthouse = Contigo / Anemos

Edit: We could say that these cities were well-trained for guarding the lighthouses for a long time... But I'm guessing they weren't highly trained by the time GS1/GS2 hit.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:33:49 AM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Straffy
Wanderer

New User

Coins: 0

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 02:27:40 PM »

You're right, but if a Proxian was involved in sealing Alchemy then it means that people at the time did not know about the risks behind it. Or that they prefered threatening the world to seeing it beeing corrupted and destructed by war, power etc.
Still, Imil is not that far from Gaia falls, but well... let's assume they don't see it.
Are you sure that Lalivero is the guardian village of Venus lighthouse ? The only adept from Lalivero is a Jupiter one... But the Laliverans may have forgotten about Psynergy. This is possible.
I wonder, did the lighthouses exist before sealing Alchemy, or were they built in order to seal it ? Stupod question I guess but I can't remember...

Pardon my French accent.
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 05:57:07 PM »

1)Are you sure that Lalivero is the guardian village of Venus lighthouse ? The only adept from Lalivero is a Jupiter one... But the Laliverans may have forgotten about Psynergy. This is possible.
2)I wonder, did the lighthouses exist before sealing Alchemy, or were they built in order to seal it ? Stupod question I guess but I can't remember...

1)It may be... As far as I know, there were only 3 Water Adepts in Imil by the time the events from Golden Sun 1 took place. My argument is that, otherwise, they wouldn't need Mia to heal them when the cold did strike.
2) Yep, built with the power of Alchemy. It is said in the game. Your question is a little strange, though. If they were built to "seal it", the HAD to be created before the sealing... Sad
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 06:06:35 PM »

Also keep in mind that even though we only saw one Jovian in Lalivero doesn't mean that's the only one that exists there.  We just didn't meet the others, or if we did they didn't showcase it.  You don't have to limit yourself to what was in the games - Ayuthay is proof enough of that.  It existed within the Lamakan desert, and you didn't even bother to visit it in GS1 because of that (too busy trying to not die by desert heat).

View Profile WWW
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 06:46:40 AM »

This is not the place to discuss that.

Also Sheba comes from Anemos in the fannon (thrown of the moon, then protected by passive psynergy).
This is implied to be comfirmed by Ivan's sister.

++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
View Profile
Straffy
Wanderer

New User

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 05:30:30 PM »

Well, the lighthouses could have been built to keep the balance between elements. To me, they look more like sources of power than like seals of it... But, if it is said in the game, then you must be right.

Wow, just realised, I must look like a guy who questions everything... sorry for that, I'm just trying to understand the history. Btw, thank you for answering ^^

Pardon my French accent.
View Profile

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »

Well, the lighthouses could have been built to keep the balance between elements. To me, they look more like sources of power than like seals of it... But, if it is said in the game, then you must be right.

Wow, just realised, I must look like a guy who questions everything... sorry for that, I'm just trying to understand the history. Btw, thank you for answering ^^

Think about something: they were built very far from each other, and, to enter them, you have to be an adept AND solve A LOT of puzzles. What's the logical reason behind this? To make sure all the beacons stay unlit unless a group o adepts (at least one of each kind) are very determined (an urgent reason) to lit them.
They are only a source of power once lit. Just remember the dialogues at both Lighthouses.
View Profile
Straffy
Wanderer

New User

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 06:41:34 PM »

Right. Thanks for your help, got it now :)

Pardon my French accent.
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 10:22:47 PM »

Think about something: they were built very far from each other, and, to enter them, you have to be an adept AND solve A LOT of puzzles. What's the logical reason behind this? To make sure all the beacons stay unlit unless a group o adepts (at least one of each kind) are very determined (an urgent reason) to lit them.
They are only a source of power once lit. Just remember the dialogues at both Lighthouses.

If you want the light houses to remain unlit, then why not destroy them, or at least make it mechanically impossible to light them?

The answer is that they were switches, meant to be able to be turned on or off when a select few (adepts) decided to do so.  Their design suggests (1) adaptive management, in that the houses would be lit and unlit as needed, and (2) control by committee, where the decision to light them was in the hands of more than one individual, assuming that an individual could only be an adept of one element.

'Aadaptive management' is an engineering term you should look up if you're not already familiar with it.  It's prevalent in situations where there is no stable 'steady state,' and that seems to describe Weyard perfectly.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:31:20 PM by Thunder-squall » Logged
View Profile

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 11:14:50 PM »

If you want the light houses to remain unlit, then why not destroy them, or at least make it mechanically impossible to light them?

The answer is that they were switches, meant to be able to be turned on or off when a select few (adepts) decided to do so.  Their design suggests (1) adaptive management, in that the houses would be lit and unlit as needed, and (2) control by committee, where the decision to light them was in the hands of more than one individual, assuming that an individual could only be an adept of one element.

'Aadaptive management' is an engineering term you should look up if you're not already familiar with it.  It's prevalent in situations where there is no stable 'steady state,' and that seems to describe Weyard perfectly.
[/quote]

Hmm... I'm not sure I can agree with you, mylady... You mean that they can be turned on and off? Turning them of would result in...? Sealing Alchemy again? I don't agree.
No one knows for sure how the Alchemy was sealed.
Could such an almighty event like Golden Sun be turned off just by turning a beacon off? I wonder...
Remember: the Alchemy was natural in Weyard. That's why sealing it caused the world to enter in collapse.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:06:19 AM by KyleRunner, Reason: Typos. Delete some mistakes. » Logged
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 11:25:49 PM »

They wouldn't want it to be unlit - that'd bring about the end of the world.  Those whom sealed away alchemy very likely knew that.  Instead, they had a two-fold solution.  First, make it so that not just anyone, and not just any adept could traverse the lighthouses.  Requiring adepts prevents laymen form entering and getting killed, and those puzzles keeps people like Saturos and Menardi, whom didn't exactly have the most valiant of methods regardless of their motives, from using it to do what Alex ultimately did - gain power.  The second one?  The Wise One.  The Wise One would push things into motion if necessary, and guide and test things as they went along, even would subvert the actions of anyone who was power hungry.

View Profile WWW
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 12:13:57 AM »

Remember: the Alchemy was natural in Weyard. That's why sealing it caused the world to enter in collapse.

And unsealing it caused psiEnergy vortexes to start popping up, and caused the world to enter into chaos?

-- I hope the reason so many of you dislike DarkDawn has nothing to do with the fact that it upset some of your pet fan theories.  That just wouldn't be cool.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:16:24 AM by Thunder-squall » Logged
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 12:19:31 AM »

Psychic
Energy

Psynergy.  Psy Vortexes have two theories, both of which are great ones: 

First, the Golden Sun wasn't balanced - Isaac has part of Mars within him!  Because of that, the world is unbalanced, and the vortexes are trying to re-absorb that missing energy.  The vortexes and Mourning Moon fill that hole temporarily, but the only way to really get it to stop is for Isaac to give up the power of mars residing within him - possibly even having to sacrifice himself to save Weyard.

Second, Flip Side Theory, where the two sides of weyards have basically a pressure difference because only one side's golden sun is lit.  The other side doesn't have vortexes, but violent Psynergy Storms, where all that energy sucked away here is unleashed upon a corresponding point in the Flip Side.

View Profile WWW
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 12:30:23 AM »

Hmm... What's the consensus on how and why Weyard came into existence in the first place?
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 12:40:43 AM »

There really isn't one, sadly.  Nothing in the series is said of any kind of pantheon or creation myths.

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
Yesterday at 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
Yesterday at 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
Yesterday at 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my
January 09, 2018, 08:09:26 PM
Fox: And the chance for a Djinni battle is 50%.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise