News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

History of Weyard

Started by Luna_blade, 23, November, 2013, 03:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna_blade

For my fangame I'm making a list of Weyard lore. :idea:
If there is something missing on the list below (and is at least fannon) please post it.

History of Weyard

• Sealing of Alchemy
  • The great Flood.
  • The crumbling of the continent above Angara. (the continent I believe is cannon, I even have some proof)
  • Lunpa founding Lunpa (city) for people from that continent.
  • Babi doing bad stuff on Lemuria.
  • Yepp doing great things for Yallam.
  • War between Anemos and Shaman.
  • Anemos city becoming the moon.
  • Master Hammet becoming master of trading
  • Saturos & Menardi and their group sets of a trap in Sol Sanctum

Changes after the Eruption

• Mogall forest (used to be plains)
  • Increased monster activity/appearence of monsters
  • Djinni's

Changes during GS1 & GS2

• Indra was pushed between Gondowan and Osenia

Changes after GS1 & GS2 and during DD
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Luna_blade

Just posting to give this some activity. If this list is complete I'll close the thread.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Lore for fangame.... I'm guessing what this is supposed to be is lore that was not experienced through the adventure?

Unfortunately, I can't think of much... and I randomly start wondering how Saturos and Menardi found their way to Vale from Prox. I don't think the two traveled alone (When looking at GS wiki.), since there's a chance many may have died. I'm not sure if Alex was there on their attempt? ; Anyway, the reasoning for their arrival in Vale may support Bullet 2 in your list, but I wasn't sure how they knew Vale was the place to go.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

KyleRunner

^^ It is true that Saturos and Menardi did not traveled alone.
All others companions died when they first entered Mt. Aleph.
So, I think Alex was not with them.

Rolina

Though, that does have a lot of potential.  With Satty and Menny as the Fire Adepts of the party, that frees up 6 slots for the other elements.  Plus, we know that Satty and Menny were actually pretty bad with puzzles, so they're not the brains of the party, either.  It'd be nice to see a game where it's about a group that's finding out why the rift is encroaching on Prox.  It would culminate with a "huge reveal" to the characters that they actually need to revive alchemy to save their home, and have the epilogue showcase the disaster that met them the one time they let their guard down...

Do you think Alex and Mia were training together or something... at that time? Or was that at some other time?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Quite possible.  I could see them having the same roles as Justin and Meghan in Imil (Mia's apprentices in the Sol Sanctum), given that this is three years earlier.  When we look at the size Isaac and Garet were at the time, it'd make sense.

Luna_blade

Thank you for all the replies.
Unfortunately, I wasn't planning to make the adventure of Saturos and Menardi.
It would be cool though.

But do you all agree these are the major events that took place before GS?
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Yes, pretty much. But you forgot the Sealing of alchemy.

(Edit: But I would ask for a reminder on some of them. Great Flood?).

(I also wanted to say something about Kalay, but can't remember if there's anything really worth saying or not.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Luna_blade

Okay. (that comes before my story, but it is a very important piece of lore)
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Yeah, it is important. Perhaps more important if you decide that a Proxian was involved in sealing alchemy? (Maybe that is how Proxians know how to unlock the power?) I don't know who was involved in sealing Alchemy, but this is a guess.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Luna_blade

Quote from: Teawater(Edit: But I would ask for a reminder on some of them. Great Flood?).
What do you exactly mean with reminder?

Quote from: Luna_bladeHowever some humans clearly have strong abilities and I thought there was more behind that.
Like said in the previous post, there were originally four main races that could harness the power of the elements. A part of each of those groups, after centuries of breeding with humans, was almost no different, except for the ability of being able to use Psyenergy. Example:
The dragons bred so long with the humans until the Proxians came into existence.
Mercury clan, same deal. Etc.
Oh wait, you meant why they know it. Well they are less human than humans. Also they have very probably been living alone and keeping traditions alive and passing knowledge.
And it is very likely that a Proxian helped Sealing Alchemy.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

I meant that I couldn't remember any Great Floods before GS1/GS2.

http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/The_great_flood

Well, that does bring back something... :)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Straffy

Does it really make sense if a Proxian has sealed Alchemy ?
I think that the clans (Mercury, Mars and so on) were founded in order to protect the lighthouses from being lit, which would mean that Prox would have been founded to protect the seal, and not to destroy it, in the same way as it is for Imil. Of course, the ancient people of Anemos was, to me, the guardian of Jupiter lighthouse. But what about Venus one ?
I'm not sure, but in TBS, when you talk to the statue under the Venus lighthouse (right after Suhalla desert), it says something like "The path begins on the lands of an ancient civilisation", so perhaps the Venus clan has been destructed. Well, Vale could have been the village of Venus clan, but it would have been founded near the lighthouse in that case.
But I have a question : why is Prox threatened by the edge of the world whilst Imil is not ?
Pardon my French accent.

Lord Wolfram

I think that allclans was going to seal alchemy some pepole wasfor it and some against it.
I will write story so give some ideas and I with your help make good story.

I don't think we said a Proxian actually did the sealing, although, it could be possible.

Quote from posts:
Me:  a Proxian was involved in sealing alchemy
Luna_blade: a Proxian helped Sealing Alchemy.

Anyway, if one of the Guardians would live in Prox (And be the founder), I'd call them a Proxian, I think.

Edit: How do we know if these cities were founded earlier on in preparation of the sealing? What if the cities were built when the lighthouses were built? (Assuming Lighthouses take time to build, and you need to take care of yourself at a town. Ex: Inn)

QuoteBut I have a question : why is Prox threatened by the edge of the world whilst Imil is not ?
Because Prox is closer to the edge than Imil?

Venus Lighthouse / Babi Lighthose = Lalivero
Mercury Lighthouse = Imil
Mars Lighthouse - Prox
Jupiter Lighthouse = Contigo / Anemos

Edit: We could say that these cities were well-trained for guarding the lighthouses for a long time... But I'm guessing they weren't highly trained by the time GS1/GS2 hit.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Straffy

You're right, but if a Proxian was involved in sealing Alchemy then it means that people at the time did not know about the risks behind it. Or that they prefered threatening the world to seeing it beeing corrupted and destructed by war, power etc.
Still, Imil is not that far from Gaia falls, but well... let's assume they don't see it.
Are you sure that Lalivero is the guardian village of Venus lighthouse ? The only adept from Lalivero is a Jupiter one... But the Laliverans may have forgotten about Psynergy. This is possible.
I wonder, did the lighthouses exist before sealing Alchemy, or were they built in order to seal it ? Stupod question I guess but I can't remember...

Pardon my French accent.

KyleRunner

Quote from: Straffy on 27, April, 2014, 10:27:40 AM
1)Are you sure that Lalivero is the guardian village of Venus lighthouse ? The only adept from Lalivero is a Jupiter one... But the Laliverans may have forgotten about Psynergy. This is possible.
2)I wonder, did the lighthouses exist before sealing Alchemy, or were they built in order to seal it ? Stupod question I guess but I can't remember...

1)It may be... As far as I know, there were only 3 Water Adepts in Imil by the time the events from Golden Sun 1 took place. My argument is that, otherwise, they wouldn't need Mia to heal them when the cold did strike.
2) Yep, built with the power of Alchemy. It is said in the game. Your question is a little strange, though. If they were built to "seal it", the HAD to be created before the sealing... :sad:

Rolina

Also keep in mind that even though we only saw one Jovian in Lalivero doesn't mean that's the only one that exists there.  We just didn't meet the others, or if we did they didn't showcase it.  You don't have to limit yourself to what was in the games - Ayuthay is proof enough of that.  It existed within the Lamakan desert, and you didn't even bother to visit it in GS1 because of that (too busy trying to not die by desert heat).

Luna_blade

This is not the place to discuss that.

Also Sheba comes from Anemos in the fannon (thrown of the moon, then protected by passive psynergy).
This is implied to be comfirmed by Ivan's sister.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"