News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Visual Basic

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 01, July, 2009, 11:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Visual Basic

Post programs you made, or useful programs you really enjoy here and feel it will benefit others.

Okay, if you want to download Visual Basic so you can code too, google it: Visual Basic 2008.

Here is where you may also ask questions concerning how to do things on the program..

Also I happen to have made this nice looking program with it, hope you like it.

P. S. - If anyone has trouble with it let me know. (Any errors, etc. or want to suggest something)

Lottery V1- Version 1.0

Okay, Email field is only so I may contact you if I feel like it, if you click yes (default) for the alert box that appears for when you click Spin! Currently this has no real use, but just to play around with, if you want. Through my learning some codes, I put this together in 1 day. It sends the email to charleysdrpepper@gmail.com, but ONLY if you click Yes to the alert box.

Edit: If you happen to be testing this program right now, I do not mind if you click Yes, but try not to do it too much because it will be like spam, thank you!

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 2 2009, 11:02 AM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Oh cool, this looks interesting. Unfortunately, I do not have access to my computer, so I will have to wait until Sunday before I can download it. By the way, what type of coding does it use?

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

here is a sample: (from what I used on the lottery, it's all the coding that I needed to manually put in, everything else was visual. )

Imports System.Net.Mail

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
       Dim Msg, Style, Title, Help, Ctxt, Response ', MyString
       Msg = "Do you want to email the results to me ?" + vbCr + "(The Email Field, Your Numbers, and the Winning Numbers)"   ' Define message.
       Style = vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbDefaultButton1   ' Define buttons.
       Title = "Email Me?"   ' Define title.
       Help = "DEMO.HLP"   ' Define Help file.
       Ctxt = 1000   ' Define topic
       ' context.
       ' Display message.
       If Button1.Text = "Spin!" Then
           Response = MsgBox(Msg, Style, Title)
           If Response = vbYes Then   ' User chose Yes.
               Randomize()
               Label4.Text = Int(100 * Rnd())  ' Perform some action.
               Label5.Text = Int(100 * Rnd())
               Label6.Text = Int(100 * Rnd())
               Label7.Text = Int(100 * Rnd())
               Label8.Text = Int(100 * Rnd())
               Label9.Text = Int(1000 * Rnd())

Dim smtpServer As New SmtpClient()
               ProgressBar1.Value = 8
               Dim mail As New MailMessage()
               ProgressBar1.Value = 16
               smtpServer.Credentials = New Net.NetworkCredential("charleysdrpepper@gmail.com", "PASSWORD HERE")
               ProgressBar1.Value = 24
               smtpServer.Port = 587
               ProgressBar1.Value = 32
               smtpServer.Host = "smtp.gmail.com"
               ProgressBar1.Value = 40
               smtpServer.EnableSsl = True
               ProgressBar1.Value = 48
               mail = New MailMessage()
               ProgressBar1.Value = 56
               mail.From = New MailAddress("charleysdrpepper@gmail.com")
               'mail.From = txtFrom.Text
               ProgressBar1.Value = 64
               mail.To.Add("charleysdrpepper@gmail.com")
               ProgressBar1.Value = 72
               mail.Subject = "Lottery"
               ProgressBar1.Value = 80
               mail.Body = TextBox1.Text + vbCr + vbCr + "Your Numbers: " + TextBox2.Text + " " + TextBox3.Text + " " + TextBox4.Text + " " + TextBox5.Text + " " + TextBox6.Text + " " + TextBox7.Text + vbCr + "Winning Numbers: " + Label4.Text + " " + Label5.Text + " " + Label6.Text + " " + Label7.Text + " " + Label8.Text + " " + Label9.Text
               ProgressBar1.Value = 88
               smtpServer.Send(mail)
               ProgressBar1.Value = 100
               MsgBox("Mail Sent!")

Button1.Text = "Clear!"

Else   ' User chose No.
               Randomize()
               Label4.Text = Int(100 * Rnd())  ' Perform some action.
               Label5.Text = Int(100 * Rnd())
               Label6.Text = Int(100 * Rnd())
               Label7.Text = Int(100 * Rnd())
               Label8.Text = Int(100 * Rnd())
               Label9.Text = Int(1000 * Rnd())

Button1.Text = "Clear!"
           End If
       Else
           TextBox2.Text = ""
           TextBox3.Text = ""
           TextBox4.Text = ""
           TextBox5.Text = ""
           TextBox6.Text = ""
           TextBox7.Text = ""
           Label4.Text = "--"
           Label5.Text = "--"
           Label6.Text = "--"
           Label7.Text = "--"
           Label8.Text = "--"
           Label9.Text = "---"

ProgressBar1.Value = 0
           Button1.Text = "Spin!"

End If
   End Sub
End Class

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 1 2009, 10:25 PM
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Oh, thank you for the code. This will help me when I try to make a program. However, I was wondering if the coding is Java, or if it is something else.

Thank you in advance, and please have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Java, I don't think it is, I been new to this since like... yesterday. (and I don't know any Java)

EDIT since June 29th, i think, *correction*

I would expect it to be the Visual Basic language itself?

Additionally, in the code I took out my password so no one could steal it. It says PASSWORD HERE now *hint hint*

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 1 2009, 10:57 PM

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

Oh yeah, I think I should try this program of yours out when I can.

Anyway, Turing is also a program with its own coding. I think that with it, you can do similar things with Visual Basic. You should consider trying it out, since it might be good practice with coding (if you need any).

Have a nice day.

with visual basica you can literally put the textbox, etc. how you want them VISUAL!! woot! oh and it was June 29th i downloaded Visual Basic.

Edit, ok thanks, I'll take a look.

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 1 2009, 11:00 PM

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Atrius (He/Him)

Just so you know, it's a very bad idea to program your password into anything.  I could very easily get it out of the programs code if I wanted to.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Actually, now that I look at your Lottery code for the program that you made, I noticed that there are many similarities to Turing. However, Turing can be harder to use, I think. Also, to make for example, a House, you have to use ovals and rectangles and so many other things. Anyway, I think that I like this Visual Basic, and I have not even tried it out yet. I think I will have to download it on Sunday when I get back to the apartment.

Have a nice day.

Ok, since I believe Atrius, I guess I'll be changing the username today along with the password ofcourse, although my primary email is yahoo, but in case,,, hmm let me see should I call it CharleysVisualBasic@gmail.com  with a password of....

Well you get the idea, besides it would keep all the junk away from charleysdrpepper@gmail.com, an email I rarely use anyway.

Also, I want to try that out, I mean grabbing the program code when you don't have it, sounds interesting.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

Oh, I did something like that for Email once. I had little choice, but I decided that I did not want Facebook spamming me about people who do not take the time of day to try to communicate with me... But I had a previous account, about 80 years old... You can not change that, so...

Anyway, I think that it is smart of you to change the email in the program so it does not clutter your other one. Oh yeah, since you posted a topic about Visual Basic, then maybe there should be topics about other programs as well...

Have a nice day.

Yes, like gamemaker, but I just felt that this program was rather easy to use sort of thing, and it was cool so I posted this, to find the codes I went to places like the Search Function under the help menu of Visual Basic, and youtube. Now I'm going to be creating my VisualBasic's (edit: EMAIL ) account, the one I will be using only for Visual Basic for the time being. Was my original plan for today, so my first post may be updated within an hour if I have any luck.

First post was edited: Took me 15 minutes!

and the email I creadited isn't CharleysVisualBasic, I wanted to shorten it up a bit, so I made charleysvb@gmail.com

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 2 2009, 11:07 AM

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

Oh yeah, this looks like a good program. I think I should try it out sometime, since I am going to take a harder computer course next year, and I will need all of the practice that I can get.

Anyway, another cool thing with coding is HTML, but that is much different (I think).

By the way, you said that you found the coding on Youtube and on the search function, right? I wonder where else to find coding...

Have a nice day.

on google....

and HTML, I know that, that likes the simple version of coding

<B> </B> are the bolding

you can do

<TABLE width=300 height=300>
<TR>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

I think it was one of the first things I learned in programing a long time ago...

Edit: I could find scripts at places like javascriptkit.com, dynamicdrive.com, etc. and they may be more complicated then the simple HTML, as scripts can have JavaScript, a more complicated coding.

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 2 2009, 11:13 AM

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

Yeah, I worked on HTML and Turing when I took a computer course in the tenth grade. I had forgotten how simple HTML can be, but I think that it is different, with some similarities. However, I think my teacher thought that Turing created the world or something...

EDIT: I am talking about websites, not search engines (although that would be easy to do).

Anyway, have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jul 2 2009, 11:12 AM

forgot to mention, this EXAMPLE of the lottery was inspired by something I worked on a long long time ago: http://www.freewebs.com/charleysdrpepper/n...es/lottery.html

I don't think I'll ever finish it.

oh and it may have something to do with neopets (wanted to use as Guild Activities), but I am currently not even using that page at all, and I don't think I will use it?

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 2 2009, 02:20 PM

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

Neopets?

Oh well, as long as you do what you want to do, it should be fine, right everyone?

Have a nice day.

neopets.com, yes another website, I've been registered there since May 8th, 2005 I think it was. ( username again: charleysdrpepper )

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 2 2009, 02:29 PM

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Salanewt

Hm... Oh yeah, I think I remember that website. I once joined, but I think that one of my characters became anorexic, and eventually I stopped playing altogether.

One of my characters had a name, I think it was something like Earthquake_Goddess, or something...

Anyway, have a nice day.

No I think it was Tidalwave_goddess, (Andrea?). I did a user lookup for salanewt.

This post has been edited by charleysdrpepper on Jul 2 2009, 02:35 PM

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden