Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 17, 2018, 01:18:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Dawn's the only Golden Sun game you've really played: what are you missing?  (Read 7355 times)

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 05:57:56 PM »

Golden Sun GBA are the pure essence of the series, why wouldnt you play those games?
A decent plot.
*Claps*
Maybe due to natural disasters? Tectonic shifts, if those even exist in gs?
Tectonic shifts do exist in Golden Sun, actually the world changed due some natural disasters caused by the awakening of the Alchemy.
looking over old sprites, I get the feeling that the old game featured more species.  I.e. people with other colored skin?
Golden Sun GBA had Dwarfs, Werewolfs (Werewolfs, not Beastmen) and Proxians that are persons with weird colored skin and scales.
And also more variety in persons with different skins.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:32:29 PM by Raetah » Logged
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 12:38:41 AM »

Golden Sun GBA are the pure essence of the series, why wouldnt you play those games?
Time.  I'm not against the idea.

Golden Sun GBA had Dwarfs, Werewolfs (Werewolfs, not Beastmen) and Proxians that are persons with weird colored skin and scales.
And also more variety in persons with different skins.
That's really cool.  Were they ever given an origin story?
And what caused the werewolves?  Are the beastfolk related to them, or completely separate?
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 01:48:01 AM »

That's really cool.  Were they ever given an origin story?
And what caused the werewolves?  Are the beastfolk related to them, or completely separate?
I can not say much abot that, Proxians are basically the Mars clan or descendents of this. That means that they are the protectors of the Mars-Fire lighthouse and they are also adepts of this element. They live in the northern part of Weyard, they had different tones of skin, pink, green, blue and scales, and are connected to dragons.

I actually find disrespectfoul the poor mention and appearance that Proxians characters had in Dark Dawn, those were amazing.

Dwarves state that they come from the north, but it is unlikely that they are connected to Proxians, they emigrated to find better land for mining.
They dont show any use of Psynergy.

Werewolves are not related to Beastmen, the werewolves of Golden Sun are just like normal humans all of the time except when they are exposed to the full moon light that transforms them involuntary, because of this they use hoods in order to prevent the exposition. There is an exception, certain character is "trapped" in his wolf form, and that conflict seems to be caused by a psynergy. Aparently Werewolves dont have psynergy inherent to the specie, but just because the place in where they live is near to a source of Psynergy, the wind rock, they acquire jupiter powers.

Beastmen in other hand are a specie of half human-half animal that can use voluntary a wilder form, and it seems that they are connected to Psynergy.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:05:12 AM by Raetah » Logged
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 03:13:31 AM »

I didn't think that species as a whole were linked with psi energy.  I thought it was just an individual thing.

Though it is interesting that the only beastman we know to have psi-powers had jupiter powers, just like those werewolves.
View Profile
Misery
Bad Luck

Great Member

Coins: 2

Clan Position: Mercury Hack Leader

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 02:04:33 PM »

Some beastmen state in their dialogue that their transformation occured as an effect of the Golden Sun event. Prior to that, they were all either pure humans or pure beasts.
View Profile
Kioll
Pyromancer

I'm a Mars Adept! You know, red hair, bad temper?

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 06:20:21 PM »

I didn't think that species as a whole were linked with psi energy.  I thought it was just an individual thing.

Though it is interesting that the only beastman we know to have psi-powers had jupiter powers, just like those werewolves.

Sveta was a fanservice character...  Players had been wanting to play a werewolf since the start of TLA.  And so they gave us a werewolf.  Sorta.

I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?
View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 08:40:05 PM »

The Crush Psynergy of Dark Dawn is a combination of the Pound and Burst Psynergies.
The Grip Psynergy of Dark Dawn is pretty much just Catch with a few more neat things added.
Fireball does everything Blaze did plus some, though I'm sure more usage could be added for Blaze than just "use torches to shoot fire at things".
Dark Dawn's Arid Heat is Parch, but Mars elemental and with an in-battle use.

Personally, as far as out-of-battle Psynergy use goes, I think Dark Dawn had one of the best areas in the form of Talon Peak. (Yeah, let's just use Crush to knock down a plateau and use it as a bridge. Totally normal.) That clockworks area underneath the Warriors' Hill was also a neat environment, especially with those seesaws you use to launch yourself. The Apollo Lens and a few other similar places also made good use of Grip Psynergy, using it for parkour tricks with those horizontal bars.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 10:34:35 AM »

Some beastmen state in their dialogue that their transformation occured as an effect of the Golden Sun event. Prior to that, they were all either pure humans or pure beasts.

It's pretty cool that the ancient umbral gear would only fit beastmen, indicating that they existed long in the past, probably due to working and living in close proximity to Golden Sun effects.  I'm thinking about hitting up the Dark Dawn wikis, and I expect I'll like what I found about the history.
View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise