News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

dem animal folk

Started by Thunder-squall, 10, January, 2014, 01:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder-squall

So what's the deal with those beast people?  Is there some origin story involving space ships, or some curse?

As I'm working on my GS proof-of-concept, I'm playing around with changing the height or distance player-tokens can jump--enhanced physical abilities which may correspond to that beast mode Sweta can go into.  So is that beast-out thing Sweta does a natural beast ability, or could it be linked to psi-energy? (or could psi-energy be used to recreate the natural beast-effect?)

Are adepts just as common among the beast population as among the rest of the peoples in GS?

Thunder-squall

Sweet! Genuine thanks.  Though now I'm curious.  If I go back to my copy of Dark Dawn, can I redo the final boss fight and get all the ending cinematic and stuff? I'd like to see exactly what references are made to beast people becoming light adepts.

There's no rhyme or reason for how the GS event effects people, is there?

Raetah

Actually something that you can consider is that Beast mens are not part of the original Golden Sun and the appeared for no reason at all in Dark Dawn, despite that Sveta is the best character of Dark Dawn anyway even being out of place.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

But-- GS2:TLA had wolves in Garoh. I think it was something about looking directly at the full moon that caused them to turn into wolves temporarily. (I forget if it mattered whether they looked at it or not.) However, do note that I don't know what Dark Dawn does as far as beast men go. (That being, I didn't go through the entire game of GS3, I've only ever sampled it, that's all.)

So yeah, with Garoh, I'd say it might have been a curse... but with GS3's beastmen, I have no idea.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

IS there even a moon in GS?  Or is that moon actually something else?

edit: The link Wolf posted to claims that the beastmen evolved from animals, rather than from humans, after the Golden Sun event.  So clearly the light energy has the ability to create life, or serve as a catalyst for it.

Raetah

Yes, there is a moon in Weyard, you can see the reflect of the moon in the water once in TLA.

Knight of Purgatory

Eh? From what I remember, some come from animals and some come from humans. Only the humans were affected by the sol tower at the end
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Thunder-squall

I'd love to continue the discussion of what exactly the moon is in the "night vs. day in GS" thread.

Quote from: Knight of Purgatory on 11, January, 2014, 08:23:14 PM
Eh? From what I remember, some come from animals and some come from humans. Only the humans were affected by the sol tower at the end

Is there a game-script out there?

<That's the reflection of the full moon in Garoh.

@Game-script: Yes. Check Gamefaqs. GS1 and GS2.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

woah, that's a huge moon, but it does sure look like just an ordinary moon.

Luna_blade

Do note that the moon may look normal, but probably has Anemos situated on the other unseeable side.
http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Anemos
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Oh cool. Thanks. Anemos + Air's Rock = Jupiter Power! Enough to cause werewolves, anyway.

An image Robert Joe posted about summon animations:

So we can confirm the moon in THIS image is Anemos? Rather than it being just a moon with Anemos not appearing in this animation?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Raetah

I dont think that the moon being Anemia makes Ayn sense. It is crear that Anemos is smaller, it hace the size of an Island. And it seems that the moon is something ole, arterial all you can find representations of it in some parts. But I dont know.

Smaller? Maybe. How do you know for sure? That's a pretty large crater there, compared to the size of every town ever visited in Golden Sun. How do we know if the city grew any at all while it was in the sky? (It was full of alchemy power, wasn't it?) It wouldn't be intelligent to just have a small city in the sky, would it? (Not sure.)

What if the town landed on the real moon and the entire moon became Anemos?

I am not sure if the animation even makes a perfect representation of the sizes. (If it helps, Felix does look somewhat like a giant on the world map.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Luna_blade

Quote from: Teawater on 18, January, 2014, 01:05:02 AM
Oh cool. Thanks. Anemos + Air's Rock = Jupiter Power! Enough to cause werewolves, anyway.

An image Robert Joe posted about summon animations:

So we can confirm the moon in THIS image is Anemos? Rather than it being just a moon with Anemos not appearing in this animation?
Well, the moon might be Anemos, but I rather believe that there is just a big city up that moon.
But yeah we can confirm that.

Also, is that a definitive map?
Otherwise, I'd like to know if there is maybe a second moon.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Parloo

So how do we know how big the moon is?

Thunder-squall

Or how far away it is?

It seems to me like it could very well be a massive disk of land the size of that crater.

I got nothing to add that hasn't been said, but I did spend some time reading the wiki, and it seems to fit GS's style to take some of these myths literally.  So I'd mostly just take the legends at their word.

Raetah

If we use the animation of summons and the reflect of Garoh as a reliable fount of source of information. We can determinate that the distance between Weyard and the Weyard moon is much longer than the distance between the Earth and the Moon. We can also conclude that the Weyard Moon is bigger than the Earth Moon, and also clearly bigger than the anemos hole.

When looking at this: http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=124 (I know, a real life source.)

Don't always assume the moon's distance from the earth is always the same. That, and the animation might have nothing to do with present day?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden