Golden Sun Hacking Community
December 11, 2017, 03:26:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sequel to dark dawn  (Read 8668 times)
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

Coins: 0

« on: January 11, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »

Would it continue with the old adventuring party?
View Profile
Knight of Purgatory
The Infernal King
Venus Clan

Join the Dark Side... FOR COOKIES

Coins: 1

I am: Selling evil cookies

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 12:54:10 PM »

prolly not all of them

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES
View Profile
Misery
Bad Luck

Great Member

Coins: 2

Clan Position: Mercury Hack Leader

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 01:28:17 PM »

They'd better bring back some of the older characters into the spotlight in order to make the plot feel any kind of authentic. Reason being, it feels all kinds of wrong to have the kids saving the world when you know there are much more capable warriors tasked with the same duty just sitting back.
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 06:05:05 PM »

Actually Dark Dawn already points some of the possible characters.
Like the brother of Himi (Venus) and the sister Rief (Mercury) (i dont remember the name of those characters).
It would be nice if the Mars adept was actually a Proxian, but perhaps you dont know what is that.

Personally since Dark Dawn had too many characters perhaps we get the same in the sequel.
Probably Felix and Piers are going to have a similar role of Isaac and Garet.
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 12:39:49 AM »

yeah, I wondered if GS 3 and 4 would parallel GS 1 and 2.
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 02:02:48 AM »

parallel? what you mean?
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 03:10:38 AM »

Have similar twists. GS1 and GS2 came as a pair, but had different protagonists.  So would GS3 and GS4 mirror that structure?
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 10:31:33 AM »

Have similar twists. GS1 and GS2 came as a pair, but had different protagonists.  So would GS3 and GS4 mirror that structure?
Actually you can can transfer your characters of GS1 to GS2. So, in GS1 you have 4 characters and in GS2 you have 8.
The nintendo DS game dont have any method to transfer your characters.
View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 10:46:02 AM »

I'm not saying GS3 should have been a virtual shop game, but I'm surprised it didn't have an eShop component which it interfaced with, *at least* so you had someway of communicating with a sequel if you so wished.  I guess they're just going to skip the need for a code, and let everyone have the same perks (assuming they make a sequel).

Speaking as a newb, I think GS3 did a pretty good job of catching people up on what happened in the past.  I think the game did a lot of things well.

They'd better bring back some of the older characters into the spotlight in order to make the plot feel any kind of authentic. Reason being, it feels all kinds of wrong to have the kids saving the world when you know there are much more capable warriors tasked with the same duty just sitting back.

I like the format where the kids spend time "interning" with different older heroes.
View Profile

New User

I am: Happy I'm Alive

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »

I have three theories that would all seem plausible (if/when Camelot will stop focusing on their Mario Golf games [which i am not hitting on, as Advanced Tour is my favourite out of the series]). I would prefer the second or third, but the first wouldn't be too bad.

Theory number 1: Make a game that isn't at all related to the previous three, ala Final Fantasy. I personally don't like this choice very much, as I love the characters from the previous games. If worst comes to worst, though, I won't throw a big fit; however, to pull this off and make fans happy, they would have to stick with the roots of the original games and what made them so great: fantastic characters and gameplay that is unique from other jRPG games.

Theory number 2: Make a prequel surrounding the original closing of Psynergy and the creation of the lighthouses, Elemental Stones, and/or Alchemy Machines. It would provide a nice backdrop for future games, and give a base for the franchise, similar to Skyward Sword.

Theory number 3: This theory includes a bit of number 2. Introduce a new party that delves into the secrets of other Alchemy Machines. These machines, instead of creating a phenomenon that endangers the world, opens up a portal to the past. This idea could revolve around Darkness and Light, tie up some loose ends in the story (of which DD only made them worse), and use cameos for the original party and Dark Dawn's party. You might even be able to fight the original party in the past parts of the game.

There are my ideas. Love them. Hate them. Add more to them. I'm not too worried about how you vote. It's a theory for a reason.

Isaac. Lucario. Joshua. Possibly my favourite characters of all time.
View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 09:12:07 PM »

They could just make an app to allow importing, similar to Pokemon Box.
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 12:54:07 AM »

Eh, I'll be happy so long as they don't just copy paste the characters from past games again.  I'm sick of playing as Squires and Masters.  I want something new.

View Profile WWW

Novice Member

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 04:00:30 AM »

Eh, I'll be happy so long as they don't just copy paste the characters from past games again.  I'm sick of playing as Squires and Masters.  I want something new.

Amen to that,

Personnaly, I want a real challenge this time, not this joking freaking easy, game. Serious, even the last boss was barely a challenge with the broken Megido, I just did not had time to the post-story bosses

Maybe they could give dark Adept some actual psynergy this time, because now we have very little reason to even call them adepts.
yeah, and some light adept too, but I don't see how they can do this, without changeing the current system in place....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:03:58 AM by Darkylighty » Logged
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 01:46:50 AM »

Tell me about it!  Because those so-called "Dark Adepts" didn't cast anything, I'm still of the belief that there are no light and dark adepts or psynergy, especially since everything light or dark has an element attached to it as well.  If they want to convince us that these are things, they need to actually use them in battle, and give some mechanical support to them in the games.

Of course, I'm perfectly fine with not having Light and Dark, but... well, even having it would be better than what we got in Dark Dawn with it's crazy non-committal approach.

View Profile WWW
Menaus
Sol Clan

Coins: 1

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 09:52:56 PM »

There is a certain charm to the first two that just isn't in Dark Dawn. I don't know what it is, but I think it's a combination of the art style, and the narrative elements. The narrative in the first two games was very good. It had an underlying serious tone, but also allowed for some realistic character interaction a la the silly moments, among other things. The characters were memorable. In Dark Dawn, I can't remember the name of anyone, anymore. Many characters are literally copy-pasted from the original series. Not just their class roles, but also their character traits. Really, I didn't feel anything special like I did when playing the first two. Maybe it's nostalgia, or that I was a kid and everything entertained me. Even so, I really think Dark Dawn flopped, in comparison to the first two.

"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla
View Profile
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
December 09, 2017, 04:24:14 AM
Majora: Import old forum posts for reference, perhaps take posts containing important info like documentation away from the old stickied forum post model and make them into their own pages on a site with an in-built search bar. Might help with SEO, too. If nothing else, perhaps whipping them into PDFs and hosting them via Scribd? The possibilities are boundless when it comes to restructuring a site
December 09, 2017, 04:20:02 AM
Majora: Just a nice idea to have even if it doesn't come to fruition. Updating, modernizing, always a good idea. Could probably do something pretty nifty using a good Wordpress theme
December 09, 2017, 04:15:45 AM
Majora: Would be kind of neat to do something like that for GSHC. Could change it up a bit to show all tweets/instagram posts/facebook posts/golden sun subreddit posts all in one sidebar. It would be cool in that it gives the site it's on (and the topic in general) appear more lively and active, which is a plus
December 09, 2017, 04:14:19 AM
Majora: That does sound interesting. One cool thing I've seen some sites use is a sort of unique take on a sidebar option that acts like a social media integration (like, "See GSHC's latest Tweets"). It displays activity from a variety of related sites, such as Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
December 09, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
Fox: And the way it'd work via code is not that all users would instantly get nicknames the minute you register... but rather, the moment you view a name if it doesn't have a nickname, it gets one. (My Thoughts.)
December 09, 2017, 12:53:55 AM
Fox: (I was thinking that it would be "Name (Nickname)" ... The nickname is what you first known the user as, and you can change that yourself... and the Name is what the user wants to be called... Something like that.
December 09, 2017, 12:47:56 AM
Fox: So like... for starters, one idea I had was to make it so anyone can name anyone... much like how it works on Skype, and you (the namer) would be the only one to see it, and such...
December 09, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Fox: Would need to be carefully thought out and tested, though.
December 09, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Fox: I'm thinking I could make it so that name changes can happen whenever... (Without any limit)... Since I believe there's a way to do it with minimum confusion. (I think.) Hmm....
December 09, 2017, 12:31:36 AM
Fox: (I mean an offline version... at least initially.)
December 09, 2017, 12:25:01 AM
Fox: Now that I have thought about it a bit more, would I be right to assume that GSHC would be one of the most interesting websites to administrate, or no? It's sad to see not much going on with it. == I almost want to make a concept website at some point. :D Anyway, how is everyone doing today?
December 06, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
Fox: Like... Start using Github or something... Do like how many of those other projects such as Citra (WIP 3DS Emulator) does. Etc.
December 06, 2017, 12:08:12 AM
Fox: No idea. I just wish OpenGoldenSun would release it as unfinished, but oh well.
December 05, 2017, 06:52:09 AM
MaxiPower: Bummed out that the open golden sun project is dead it seems with no actitivy in close to a year at this point. Is there any hope left in any other projects?
November 27, 2017, 10:25:28 AM
Fox: (When I say research, mainly refering to the data in the game, though checking websites can count to a degree.)
November 27, 2017, 09:52:27 AM
Fox: Maybe. But Dark Dawn is meh, hahah... I still research it, though, because data can be interesting.
November 27, 2017, 05:28:36 AM
Portakin: I'm here! This game is underrated!
November 25, 2017, 08:03:23 PM
Fox: .... and the email listed in that post makes me think we should just make a new rules topic with most of the same information. (So the old ones can be sort o archived.)
November 25, 2017, 07:59:47 PM
Fox: "and in addition to the bot being banned, I will remove the advertisement and lock the thread."  ... From what I've seen in the last couple years, this should be changed to "delete the thread."
November 24, 2017, 03:46:07 AM
Fox: Happy birthday Salanewt (Since it is mentioned in the Upcoming Caledar.) And Thanksgiving to my fellow GSHCers!

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise