News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

sequel to dark dawn

Started by Thunder-squall, 11, January, 2014, 06:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder-squall

Would it continue with the old adventuring party?

Knight of Purgatory

MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Misery

They'd better bring back some of the older characters into the spotlight in order to make the plot feel any kind of authentic. Reason being, it feels all kinds of wrong to have the kids saving the world when you know there are much more capable warriors tasked with the same duty just sitting back.

Raetah

Actually Dark Dawn already points some of the possible characters.
Like the brother of Himi (Venus) and the sister Rief (Mercury) (i dont remember the name of those characters).
It would be nice if the Mars adept was actually a Proxian, but perhaps you dont know what is that.

Personally since Dark Dawn had too many characters perhaps we get the same in the sequel.
Probably Felix and Piers are going to have a similar role of Isaac and Garet.

Thunder-squall

yeah, I wondered if GS 3 and 4 would parallel GS 1 and 2.

Raetah

Thunder-squall

Have similar twists. GS1 and GS2 came as a pair, but had different protagonists.  So would GS3 and GS4 mirror that structure?

Raetah

Quote from: Thunder-squall on 11, January, 2014, 10:10:38 PM
Have similar twists. GS1 and GS2 came as a pair, but had different protagonists.  So would GS3 and GS4 mirror that structure?
Actually you can can transfer your characters of GS1 to GS2. So, in GS1 you have 4 characters and in GS2 you have 8.
The nintendo DS game dont have any method to transfer your characters.

Thunder-squall

I'm not saying GS3 should have been a virtual shop game, but I'm surprised it didn't have an eShop component which it interfaced with, *at least* so you had someway of communicating with a sequel if you so wished.  I guess they're just going to skip the need for a code, and let everyone have the same perks (assuming they make a sequel).

Speaking as a newb, I think GS3 did a pretty good job of catching people up on what happened in the past.  I think the game did a lot of things well.

Quote from: Misery on 11, January, 2014, 08:28:17 AM
They'd better bring back some of the older characters into the spotlight in order to make the plot feel any kind of authentic. Reason being, it feels all kinds of wrong to have the kids saving the world when you know there are much more capable warriors tasked with the same duty just sitting back.

I like the format where the kids spend time "interning" with different older heroes.

IsaacGS459

I have three theories that would all seem plausible (if/when Camelot will stop focusing on their Mario Golf games [which i am not hitting on, as Advanced Tour is my favourite out of the series]). I would prefer the second or third, but the first wouldn't be too bad.

Theory number 1: Make a game that isn't at all related to the previous three, ala Final Fantasy. I personally don't like this choice very much, as I love the characters from the previous games. If worst comes to worst, though, I won't throw a big fit; however, to pull this off and make fans happy, they would have to stick with the roots of the original games and what made them so great: fantastic characters and gameplay that is unique from other jRPG games.

Theory number 2: Make a prequel surrounding the original closing of Psynergy and the creation of the lighthouses, Elemental Stones, and/or Alchemy Machines. It would provide a nice backdrop for future games, and give a base for the franchise, similar to Skyward Sword.

Theory number 3: This theory includes a bit of number 2. Introduce a new party that delves into the secrets of other Alchemy Machines. These machines, instead of creating a phenomenon that endangers the world, opens up a portal to the past. This idea could revolve around Darkness and Light, tie up some loose ends in the story (of which DD only made them worse), and use cameos for the original party and Dark Dawn's party. You might even be able to fight the original party in the past parts of the game.

There are my ideas. Love them. Hate them. Add more to them. I'm not too worried about how you vote. It's a theory for a reason.
Isaac. Lucario. Joshua. Possibly my favourite characters of all time.

Mion Sonozaki

They could just make an app to allow importing, similar to Pokemon Box.

Rolina

Eh, I'll be happy so long as they don't just copy paste the characters from past games again.  I'm sick of playing as Squires and Masters.  I want something new.

Darkylighty

Quote from: Rolina on 20, October, 2014, 08:54:07 PM
Eh, I'll be happy so long as they don't just copy paste the characters from past games again.  I'm sick of playing as Squires and Masters.  I want something new.

Amen to that,

Personnaly, I want a real challenge this time, not this joking freaking easy, game. Serious, even the last boss was barely a challenge with the broken Megido, I just did not had time to the post-story bosses

Maybe they could give dark Adept some actual psynergy this time, because now we have very little reason to even call them adepts.
yeah, and some light adept too, but I don't see how they can do this, without changeing the current system in place....

Rolina

Tell me about it!  Because those so-called "Dark Adepts" didn't cast anything, I'm still of the belief that there are no light and dark adepts or psynergy, especially since everything light or dark has an element attached to it as well.  If they want to convince us that these are things, they need to actually use them in battle, and give some mechanical support to them in the games.

Of course, I'm perfectly fine with not having Light and Dark, but... well, even having it would be better than what we got in Dark Dawn with it's crazy non-committal approach.

Menaus

There is a certain charm to the first two that just isn't in Dark Dawn. I don't know what it is, but I think it's a combination of the art style, and the narrative elements. The narrative in the first two games was very good. It had an underlying serious tone, but also allowed for some realistic character interaction a la the silly moments, among other things. The characters were memorable. In Dark Dawn, I can't remember the name of anyone, anymore. Many characters are literally copy-pasted from the original series. Not just their class roles, but also their character traits. Really, I didn't feel anything special like I did when playing the first two. Maybe it's nostalgia, or that I was a kid and everything entertained me. Even so, I really think Dark Dawn flopped, in comparison to the first two.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Rolina

I agree - it is a combination of many, many things.

Symbolically, however, all you have to do is get into a battle.  Camelot has been known since Shining Force for their signature camera angle and visual style.  These things are gone in Dark Dawn, and while that in and of itself is minor, if you consider that angle and style to be Camelot's "Soul", then that soul is truly missing from DD, and it shows.

I have to wonder if it even had the same creative team as the first games...

isaac3000

I can think of 3 different ways a sequel could be made:

1.A direct continuation (of course), with new playable and old characters. Matthew, Karis and Tyrell are pretty much sure, then either Rief (for children of the Warrios of Vale's sake) or Amiti (that Alex subplot needs a fulfilment, but this could be done without Amiti being playable as well), then Takeru and Nowell, then I hope for either Ahri (to parallel Eoleo) or Sheba's descendant (if Felix married Sheba makes things easier), and a Mars Proxian (the proxians need some love too). As for plot, Mourning Moon, Tuaparang, Wise One and Isaac in danger etc.

2.Events that take place at the same time as DD's. So new characters are easier to find Takeru, Nowell, Ahri and Mars Proxian or Felix and Sheba's descendants, then some characters leave (maybe Ahri and the Mars one plus one more) to let Matthew and Karis and Tyrell return (with data transfer maybe? but they would be broken as hell). This way, there would be many characters without the need of 12 or 16 (cameos of the old ones are a must, from Ivan to Himi). As for plot, something happens that ties with the events of DD (I haven't thought much about this, since number 2 is too far fetched).

3.A prolog to the overall games or a game in the far future. Both are interesting to me, but this would make DD irrelevant and I don't want this to happen, since DD needs to be tied up. But this gives the opportunity to start from scratch again!

Also, a thought about Data transfer. The 3DS has a memory of every game played on the system right? Maybe Camelot could use this for a data transfer, so the 4th game just has to "read" the data of DD..!