News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun and The Legend of Zelda

Started by Raetah, 15, February, 2014, 06:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raetah

I was thinking about the similitudes of both series or the references in Golden Sun of The Legend of Zelda.
*When a character obtains an item in GS, it shows it with emphasis, like Link does in TLOZ.
*An sprite that resembles Link.
*Main character that dont talks.
*Ocarina of Time Deku Tree and Tret in Golden Sun, both of them are giant trees with personality and a face, both of them are sick and also they are dungeons inside.
*Both games feature dungeons with puzzles in where you need to pull blocks, logs, box or a column to reach determinate place.
*Golden Sun have automatical jump system, like some Zelda games have.

Can you find something more?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

ALttP and GS1 both start out in bed during the time of a storm.
Both games have a clear-defined super-power. In Zelda, it is the Triforce (Power, Wisdom, & Courage); in Golden Sun, it's Alchemy (Venus, Mars, Jupiter, & Mercury).
Both have castles... and draw bridges. (If looking at OoT.) If I guessed, I think there was ever really one draw bridge that had to be lowered in GS1? But can't remember. There's another bridge outside Madra in GS2, but it doesn't appear to be an actual drawbridge. (Despite how the room is called Madra Drawbridge.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

The drawbridge in the original Golden Sun was Kolima Bridge.  You couldn't pass it until after you beat Tret since the man operating it had turned into a tree.  Speaking of people turning into trees, there was this part in ALTTP.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Thanks again, I remember that.

Gondowan Passage also has a drawbridge... (I think it's down the entire time?) And from looking off Google... it sounds like GS3 had a drawbridge as well...

Both Zelda and Golden Sun also have shops... and a way to save anytime you want...
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Wolf

The Eclipse Tower in GS:DD created an area that acted like a Twilight zone from TLoZ:TP.  One of the things they have in common is the enhanced monsters and their color schemes.

Oh! Oh! I got one!

Golden Sun - Anemos floated to the sky.
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - The Wind Tribe (builders of the Wind Ruins/Fortress of Winds) moved to the skies. (Which is where the Palace of Winds is...)

Both seem to use a magical force to be in the sky...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Luna_blade

If were talking bout Minish Cap, I have one for you:
In Minish Cap there are four crystals, which could be considered the same as GS Stars.

An other minor resemblance, are different races. However GS doesn't have that much, and LoZ does.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

That's a good point...

Speaking of that... There are five dungeons, right? (Plus the final one, if you count that... which makes six. Only problem with that one is that you aren't rewarded with a Heart Container.)

Golden Sun has 5 lighthouses. (Venus Lighthouse and Babi Lighthouse are connected... similar to how Wind Ruins and the Fortress of Winds are connected...)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden