News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded

Started by Caledor, 22, December, 2016, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

Replaced in the first post the Class setup txt with an easy to filter Google Doc, for everyone to figure out which combinations are available among those that involve a subset of classes they like.

Guff

I think you have Jenna's Guardian and Valkyrie switched around in the class setup guide. I think.

Caledor

Quote from: Guff on 13, May, 2022, 09:43:13 PM
I think you have Jenna's Guardian and Valkyrie switched around in the class setup guide. I think.
You're right, I fixed it. Thanks for reporting!

Eddie

Thanks for your work love this mod!  :happy:

kramer

hey. first of all thanks for all of the work that's put into the project. it's been a great way to replay the game. I'm sure you've heard that a million times.

unfortunately I'm having a lot of inconsistencies with RNG methods for weapon drops. Specifically, my current trouble is getting the Staff of Anubis. I've tried Waft + blitz and neither worked. And I'm certain my method is correct. Did you remove this drop? Is there a list of removed drops?

kramer

I've figured out the problem & working on the solution.

the 1/256 drops don't work according to normal rng methods.

since I'm addicted to this game, I will be trying different methods to get the drops. will report back if I succeed.

MercVeir

Please help, Im trying to play this version, but no matter how I apply the patch, "The Lost Age" patch dialogues and UI texts are running slow, its like they play in slowmotion. Its really unenjoyable to read story like that. Is that intended part of the patch or a bug? It doesnt seem this way for the first game

Caledor

That sounds strange. Are you sure it doesn't happen in the same rom unpatched? can you record and upload a video of the issue?

mclau152

How do I know if the patch is applied when I start the game?

Caledor

Quote from: mclau152 on 02, August, 2023, 12:54:21 PMHow do I know if the patch is applied when I start the game?

TBS: You risk to die in the prologue if you're careless. Also Garet learns Blast first
TLA: Felix is a Rogue and has Growth in his base class.

BOTH: Move is Earth instead of Fire

Moumph

Hello, I managed to make a translation to Spanish of both games using the modded Italian ROMS as the base.
Everything is translated except the intro scene where it should say "pulsa start" (press start) it says "premi start", and the background image in the lost age says l'era perduta, but pretty much that's all. If someone wants to insert the original images from the spanish rom you're welcome to do it!

Also the articles like "una" in "una avellana" were removed. In the game data should be something like "[1D][01] avellana" where [1D][01] is the article "una". The problem is that in Italian some articles are different and I couldn't managed to change it. There is someone who knows how to do it?

Anyways, here are the translated mods. Remember that you must apply them to the Italian ROMS!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vPz8OOBRPxFjl9Sdr8D01soQCFq0tla9/view?usp=drive_link

Caledor

Nice! I suggest you make your own thread though since it's a separate project.
As for the articles, can't you ignore the variables and just hardcode them?

Moumph

Yeah, I think is a good idea to create a new thread for this! When I have time though...

About the articles I already tried that, but then they appear in the inventory that way, and is a bit weird to me to read "una espada corta" there. So I prefer to just get rid of all of them.

Anyways, good job for the mod Caledor!

Snarky

Hey

First, thanks for all the hard work that went into this mod. I discovered it recently and having a blast so far. Seems really well made.

I do have a question: In Colosso round 1, I tried to figure out any combination of classes, that would allow me to support Isaac in all 3 rounds, and from what I can tell, this just does not seem possible.

Garet is the only one besides Isaac who gets move. Garet is also the only one besides Isaac who gets Growth.

Is this intentional? Am I missing something?

Ijatsu

Hello!

Fantastic work! I am currently wanting to try your rework. However I can't tell if I patched it properly within the game. Is there a way to tell, besides the luck stat that grows by leveling?

Edit :

Quote from: Caledor on 02, August, 2023, 06:54:12 PM
Quote from: mclau152 on 02, August, 2023, 12:54:21 PMHow do I know if the patch is applied when I start the game?

TBS: You risk to die in the prologue if you're careless. Also Garet learns Blast first
TLA: Felix is a Rogue and has Growth in his base class.

BOTH: Move is Earth instead of Fire

Sorry I looked early in the thread but literally not few messages above where you answered! haha getting wrecked by first mobs I encounter... I guess this settles it.

Caledor

v1.81 is UP

A small update after a long time, following some input I received on r/GoldenSun HERE.

Without further ado, here's the Changelog:

Quote from: ChangelogTweaked the multipliers of a few classes
Dragon Fume, Scrouge, Call Dullahan, Stone Spire, Inferno, Supernova, Dire Inferno Power +5
Nettle Power +10
Ice Missile Power -5
Learning Levels and PP cost of above psynergies adjusted accordingly
Tweaked the PP cost of some psynergies so range weights slightly more
Vital Boon PP cost to 27, Heal Well 24, Potent Heal 50, Cool Aura 38
Life Shear Base Power to 220, Final Judgement to 230
Death and HP to 1 base chance rate all -5%: 25>20 (condemn), 10>5 (damage + death), 35>30 (hp to 1)
Open World Sea Treasure 500 Coins -> Lucky Medal

It started by comparing Arcanist to Miko so the focus were minor imbalances in single target vs mt spells (I was heavily inclined towards ST ones) and it leaked out to caster dual classes vs tri-classes where the higher PP in the latter is supposed to balance out the lower elemental power.
The last 2 are something i've had ready for a long time but it wasn't worth a release on its own so they found their way now.

Especially the 500 Coins (which replaced Pirate Sabre's rusty sword)... the change was due to the fact that the coins specifically triggered a minor bug when analyzing the same spot twice so i just replaced it with an item.

PS: I also used this chance to improve the documentation, removing the italian parts and whatnot. The equipment documentation is thanks of Chronotakular and it was so much better than the one i originally published, i just asked permission to maintain it and make it "official".

Caledor

v1.82a is UP

Back to back releases again from r/GoldenSun input, this time Here.

Quote from: ChangelogAvalanche Power -5, Magma Storm +5
Reworked psynergy and stats of a few classes, mainly Piers'
Cool psynergy line reintroduced
Tweaks to the psynergy sets of a few enemies

This is mainly a Piers update. I've always felt his classes came out kinda lackluster especially in comparison to Jenna's but honestly i never managed to figure out what to do.
The linked post's author managed to hit the nail on the head in many points so, after a more conservative approach failed and a few other tests, the major changes suggested (Heal to Piers' protector and Sea Lord as a mage-warrior hybrid) were in.

The rest are mainly collateral changes to redistribute psynergies around, like Impact, CP and Restore from Protector to the Sea Lord for healing (Boon-> Heal)
Adding Cool back (finally!) also helped cause i was stuck with way too many Froths distributed around, and that's why Cool is in that power range.

The change to the Samurai and Destroyer psynergies are mainly for flavor, to further emphasize them being the "mars" tri-elemental.
Those to enemies psynergy sets instead, are due to a check on those that had Cool.

Changes to sun champion and chaos lord were to balance out their stat total. I consider the Chaos Lord the strongest dual warrior class but the agility buff is kinda a double edged sword cause you want him to act after the pg carrying Impact.

Details as usual are in the documentation, with colored cells marking changes in v1.81 and 1.82.

EDIT: Stealth update to v1.82a to fix minor mistakes in a few psynergies descriptions and values.

javi3

Muchas gracias, estoy a punto de pasarme el primero y me ha encantado, gracias por actualizarlo

Treemaster

I just downloaded and patched The Lost Age and keep getting NORMATT screens right after the beginning intro while the statue is being moved, This only happens on gpSP emulator on my PS Vita.
It does however work on all other GBA emulators on PSP/Vita.
That being said TBS Reloaded works flawlessly on gpSP so far.

Caledor

Quote from: Treemaster on 29, December, 2023, 04:09:27 AMI just downloaded and patched The Lost Age and keep getting NORMATT screens right after the beginning intro while the statue is being moved, This only happens on gpSP emulator on my PS Vita.
It does however work on all other GBA emulators on PSP/Vita.
That being said TBS Reloaded works flawlessly on gpSP so far.
Thanks for reporting, sadly I have no way of testing that. I'm afraid it must be some issue with the emulator itself.