News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Google Streets

Started by MaxiPower, 19, March, 2010, 09:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Mion Sonozaki

Not to be a nudge, but isn't giving an image to your house and location a bit of a risk on the internet?  Especially considering this is a public forum.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Lishy on 19, March, 2010, 10:21:04 PM
Not to be a nudge, but isn't giving an image to your house and location a bit of a risk on the internet?  Especially considering this is a public forum.

>_> dont think anyone that knows me or even lives within a 200 mile radius would be looking at this page, :) even so thanks but im sure i,ll be fine from the daunting preadators....

Salanewt

Well, on the other side of the pond, most of the streets available are only really for the US (but I can locate some areas in southern Ontario (including my place), and almost nothing in Mexico). Yeah, it is a pretty neat thing, Google streets. Also, just because there isn't any traffic data, does not mean that there is no street view (I am currently taking another look at Winnipeg).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Somehow, I learned about this thing some time ago, I'm surprised to see someone posted this here WAY earlier...

@MaxiPower:  I think someone's in your house. *Zooms in* Wait! It's just plants in the window... (If you named your plants, I guess I could have half credit.) ; Ah. Well, it was back in 2012, so... (And I feel doubtful that he'll even see this, but still... I'm willing to "risk the lotto", if you know what I mean.)

I notice there are areas where images are black... but it might be hard to find places where that happens? ; Other than that, some images don't seem to connect all too well. They are slightly out of proportion sometimes, but they still serve the main purpose for what they may be used for. ; I'm guessing Google doesn't want the Maps to be too recent due to privacy issues? (Dunno, though.) I do know they blur things like license plates and people's faces, though.

For future reference: Jubilee Year of St. Paul. o.O That has GOT to be ironic... (See cbox from other day to understand why I say that...)

If more people link to some places they know in this topic, I might do the same. (Probably not with home addresses, though... but you are free to do those if you want.) Don't forget the places you have taken vacations to also count!
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)