News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Why not SMF 2 Beta?

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 19, January, 2014, 06:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

So, earlier, I was thinking how leaders cannot manually add their own members, and they have to get an administrator to do it for them.

This got me into thinking of Joinable Groups, a feature I remember ZetaBoards having.

However, when I looked Joinable Groups up for smf, it seemed to require SMF 2 Beta... (Or something like that.)  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2716‎

So what are the pros and cons to upgrading to smf 2? And should we upgrade? (I am not sure.) (I am not even sure if "upgrading" is possible, or do you only have that option when you first make the forum?)

To start off, here's a list:

Reasons we should upgrade:
Joinable Groups (For clans)

Reasons we shouldn't upgrade:
SMF 2 Beta may contain bugs? (Since Betas usually do before they reach Stable...)
Edit: 23 mods stop working.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

Negative:
The 23 modifications installed on the forum will stop working including the downloads section, shop section, badges, the shoutbox, and more.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Okay thanks, I didn't know. But still, is it possible to even manually install the necessary parts of SMF 2? (Not all of it.) Or is SMF 2 done in such a way where it revamps everything?

I have not reviewed the code at all.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)