News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Saltwater

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 07, February, 2014, 04:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

What do we intake that aren't considered plants nor animal/bugs?

I can only think of two at the moment?

Water
Salt

Cheese/milk, eggs... may come from an animal, so not sure if I should count those.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

Bugs.  Ideas.  Boogers.

Actually, bugs don't count. (Did you see where I said "nor animal/bugs?"?)

@Ideas / Boogers: I was actually looking for things normal ordinary people would eat or drink.

I know one! How about human flesh? But again, what normal ordinary person would eat that?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Wolf

Fungus, cells (egg yolk), oxygen, sun rays, rocks (sea or ocean salt), protein, wax (beeswax)...

Knight of Purgatory

I looked at wolf's post first and I got confused for a while cuz it was random looking
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

QuoteFungus, cells (egg yolk), oxygen, sun rays, rocks (sea or ocean salt), protein, wax (beeswax)...
Dunno?; okay; Yes, but looking for food/drinks...; no; Big Yes; maybe; maybe...

@Fungus: In what way are ordinary people known to eat these?

@Sun rays aren't food nor drink. (I know intake was probably the wrong word... but I thought it was shorter than saying 'eat or drink'

Huh... You're saying "wax" reminds me of honey.

How do bees make honey? (I think it's something to do with pollen...)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Knight of Purgatory

Honey? If I recall correctly, it is made from nectar. The nectar is gotten when bees are off pollinating flowers

Oh yeah, that sounds right. (Bees go to get nectar, but unintentionally pollinate flowers. (If I remember correctly.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Misery

Quote from: Teawater on 08, February, 2014, 10:54:50 AM@Fungus: In what way are ordinary people known to eat these?
Mushrooms are commonly used on pizza in food, geez Teawater :P

In that case, I consider it plant-like! (But yes, it is not a plant... so...)

(Not sure why I was thinking of some sort of algae or something... irrelevant, I guess.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Wolf

Truffles are another type of well known, edible fungus.

I forgot to say beeswax is used to make honeycombs which can be eaten.  They taste great with honey.

Knight of Purgatory

Quote from: Teawater on 08, February, 2014, 11:11:37 AM
Oh yeah, that sounds right. (Bees go to get nectar, but unintentionally pollinate flowers. (If I remember correctly.)

Something like that. But some pollen also enters the honey

Thunder-squall

I wonder what TeaWater's going to do with this accumulated information...

Nothing. ;) Except maybe come up with some theories as to why we eat the non-animal/non-plant foods? I don't know. (And why some plants can be poisonous? Etc.) ; Most of this is more or less discussion. - To go a bit further, how did people come to eat the stuff they eat? Ex: Are there any animals that eat salt directly? (Besides it just being in water.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Thunder-squall

Something that people eat --it's not food-- that's salty. Hmm...

Yes, lurkers, I know *exactly* where your mind went.

But aside from that, there are tonnes of multivitamin products that are, well, minerals.

Yeah, the history of the more obscured side of our diets...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Misery

Quote from: Thunder-squall on 10, February, 2014, 08:34:48 PM
Something that people eat --it's not food-- that's salty. Hmm...

Yes, lurkers, I know *exactly* where your mind went.
Not until now, it didn't...

Quote from: Teawater on 10, February, 2014, 11:56:21 AM
Nothing. ;) Except maybe come up with some theories as to why we eat the non-animal/non-plant foods? I don't know. (And why some plants can be poisonous? Etc.)

How about animals? Could they all be poisonous too?

Is there anything that all creatures can eat or drink?

Does water harm any living being at all? (As long as it is clean, and not taken in excess.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Thunder-squall

After we're done, I think we'll have great motivation for a super villain.

Super villian... Maybe he'll be your counterpart.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden