News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Saltwater

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 07, February, 2014, 04:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder-squall

Quote from: Teawater on 11, February, 2014, 01:42:16 PM

How about animals? Could they all be poisonous too?

It may have sounded random, but ^ this was what my previous post referred to.  It seemed we were trying to come up with reasons that *everything* on earth was poisonous.  And if we did--if we explained why everything on earth was poisonous--that'd then be good motivation for some super villain to destroy the earth.

Is there anything that all creatures can eat or drink?

Anything that's not a neuro toxin, right?

Does water harm any living being at all? (As long as it is clean, and not taken in excess.)

The Wicked Witch of the West.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteThe Wicked Witch of the West.
Not some fantasy show called the Wizard of Oz... I meant in real life. If all living things need water to survive, then well, are there any exceptions?
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

Do insects "drink" water?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yes. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_insects_drink_water?#slide=1

If everyone needs water, then everyone has to take laxatives for life! (Although, I thought I recalled reading about some bugs not needing a lot of water long ago... I think it might have been the spider, but some other bugs could count as well.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Wolf

Quote from: Thunder-squall on 12, February, 2014, 12:03:56 AM
Do insects "drink" water?

I've seen wasps in my backyard drinking water from puddles and eating Thimble Cactus.

Misery

The video wasn't meant as much as a statement as food for thought/relevant to discussion. The things he say make sense to me though, and I think it gives some insight in the nature of "poisonous" things.

As for water harming living beings, I recently learned that 100% pure h2o can be harmful (though probably not enough to be lethal, but I wouldn't know). I don't claim to fully understand the details, but it seems to me like without any traces of other substances, this water will try to form a bond with everything around it, giving it a "draining" effect. However, reaching this level of purity is supposedly pretty hard to do even artificially, and is mainly used for cleaning electronics in factories. So this doesn't necessarily apply to anything.