Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 17, 2018, 07:14:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Leaving User Thread  (Read 89396 times)

Coins: 0

« Reply #450 on: March 17, 2013, 11:20:19 PM »

Who wants to hit the beach!
What's the beach ever done to you?

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 10

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #451 on: March 22, 2013, 05:23:00 AM »

Are you being reassigned, or are you shifting back into civilian life?

View Profile WWW
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #452 on: March 23, 2013, 05:10:52 PM »

Reassigned, I'm going to headquarters to work with the engineers.

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #453 on: May 20, 2013, 01:48:15 AM »

*Gasps for air*

I'm not dead! (Hey, hey!  Enough of that "Darn" and "Drat" nonesense!)  It's just... my computer was.  So I got a new one.  I'm currently "rebuilding" the software, so... It'll be a while before I finally get back into the spin of things.  I'll reply to stuff then, until then, though, note that I didn't leave the site - I'll announce when I'll do that like a good girl.

View Profile WWW
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #454 on: May 20, 2013, 02:00:28 AM »

Your previous post was on March 22, 2013, 01:23:00 AM . Going by that, it looks like you were gone for two months.

And yeah, at one point, I started to wonder where you went, but fortunately enough for me, they explained. :)

Anyway, welcome back!

(P.S. And don't be surprised if this forum seems to be practically dead.)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:03:01 AM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #455 on: May 20, 2013, 04:34:43 AM »

It was dead before my compy exploded, hun.  Nothing to be surprised about... save the guy who was looking for me. O.o

I'll help him out in a bit, but... just found out I've probably lost /all/ of my data - it was probably harddrive failure on both drives.

Ouch.  So... yeah.  There's that.

View Profile WWW
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #456 on: May 20, 2013, 06:03:32 AM »

That is true, but I was just saying that it is still dead. (I haven't decided if it was much worse since before you left, but I can say that I don't think it got any better. (I think.))

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Alchemist

« Reply #457 on: May 20, 2013, 02:47:21 PM »

Eh, I'm here for the same reason as before - obligation to my clan.

View Profile WWW
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #458 on: January 03, 2014, 03:24:31 AM »

So, given that this here forum's a grave yard, and we got nothing but ghosts, I suppose I don't mind dancing on grave stones...  How come the user above has negative "respect?"  Did someone just spam her '-1' button or something?

(PM me for gossip.  I don't mind).
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #459 on: January 03, 2014, 05:04:48 AM »

Yes, some user(s) may have. I can't be so sure of exactly who, but if I had to choose any of them, I'd pick maybe leaf and Charon.  I do know that leaf used to be second in-command in Jupiter, where Role was leader, but then something happened, making Role wanting to get rid of him. So he came to my Clan. (Venus.) As for Charon... remember the discussion on Charon's April Fools? ... There may have been others involved in downvoting as well, but I'm not sure.

(You could probably search the forum/chatbox for more information... but it was likely a long time ago...)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:12:36 AM by Teawater » Logged

View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

« Reply #460 on: January 03, 2014, 06:28:22 AM »

Aah, a mystery.  I love a mystery.  You guys should use this stuff as inspiration for a game.
View Profile
Kioll
Pyromancer

I'm a Mars Adept! You know, red hair, bad temper?

« Reply #461 on: January 03, 2014, 02:35:34 PM »

Alright, I'll be mature and own up.  I admit it.  I helped in getting Role's respect down.  We aimed for -255.  I even got banned for using a second account to do it...

I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?
View Profile
Misery
Bad Luck

Great Member

Coins: 2

Clan Position: Mercury Hack Leader

« Reply #462 on: January 03, 2014, 02:44:11 PM »

And I'm one of the people thinking she didn't really deserve that... and so, I have been upvoting the posts that have -1 for no apparent reason, bringing them back to neutral.

As you can see, her post count is huge, meaning a single person can easily "rep bomb" her to negative thousands... which is exactly what happened. I think Atrius reset it at some point, but...

Anyway, this is all in the past now.
View Profile
Kioll
Pyromancer

I'm a Mars Adept! You know, red hair, bad temper?

« Reply #463 on: January 03, 2014, 02:51:32 PM »

We wanted to hit -255 for reasons.  We did...  And to be fair, Role has earned the ire of most of us...  Trying to decide how the site should be run, trying to tell people how they should and shouldn't make their hacks...  She even had the balls to try and tell me how to code my from-scratch game.  Even though I said from the start it would be slightly different from the original games.  No offense, Misery, but the reputation system is a way of showing how others view her.  It was aimed at her, not everyone else, so that she would know she was unpopular with us without us having to tell her to her face (I dislike confrontation, myself.)

I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?
View Profile
Misery
Bad Luck

Great Member

Coins: 2

Clan Position: Mercury Hack Leader

« Reply #464 on: January 03, 2014, 03:05:47 PM »

No offense, Misery, but the reputation system is a way of showing how others view her.  It was aimed at her, not everyone else, so that she would know she was unpopular with us without us having to tell her to her face (I dislike confrontation, myself.)
No, that's just harassment, and clearly abuse of the reputation system. The reason you vote up or down individual posts is so you can show your approval or disapproval of the content of these posts.
And no offense taken.

It's not that I don't see where you're coming from, as Role has often failed to consider that others don't necessarily hold the same interests as her. I guess what I'm saying is, don't be a hater.
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise