News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

The Leaving User Thread

Started by Charon, 04, July, 2009, 09:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

It was dead before my compy exploded, hun.  Nothing to be surprised about... save the guy who was looking for me. O.o

I'll help him out in a bit, but... just found out I've probably lost /all/ of my data - it was probably harddrive failure on both drives.

Ouch.  So... yeah.  There's that.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

That is true, but I was just saying that it is still dead. (I haven't decided if it was much worse since before you left, but I can say that I don't think it got any better. (I think.))
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Eh, I'm here for the same reason as before - obligation to my clan.

Thunder-squall

So, given that this here forum's a grave yard, and we got nothing but ghosts, I suppose I don't mind dancing on grave stones...  How come the user above has negative "respect?"  Did someone just spam her '-1' button or something?

(PM me for gossip.  I don't mind).

Yes, some user(s) may have. I can't be so sure of exactly who, but if I had to choose any of them, I'd pick maybe leaf and Charon.  I do know that leaf used to be second in-command in Jupiter, where Role was leader, but then something happened, making Role wanting to get rid of him. So he came to my Clan. (Venus.) As for Charon... remember the discussion on Charon's April Fools? ... There may have been others involved in downvoting as well, but I'm not sure.

(You could probably search the forum/chatbox for more information... but it was likely a long time ago...)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

Aah, a mystery.  I love a mystery.  You guys should use this stuff as inspiration for a game.

Kioll

Alright, I'll be mature and own up.  I admit it.  I helped in getting Role's respect down.  We aimed for -255.  I even got banned for using a second account to do it...
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Misery

And I'm one of the people thinking she didn't really deserve that... and so, I have been upvoting the posts that have -1 for no apparent reason, bringing them back to neutral.

As you can see, her post count is huge, meaning a single person can easily "rep bomb" her to negative thousands... which is exactly what happened. I think Atrius reset it at some point, but...

Anyway, this is all in the past now.

Kioll

We wanted to hit -255 for reasons.  We did...  And to be fair, Role has earned the ire of most of us...  Trying to decide how the site should be run, trying to tell people how they should and shouldn't make their hacks...  She even had the balls to try and tell me how to code my from-scratch game.  Even though I said from the start it would be slightly different from the original games.  No offense, Misery, but the reputation system is a way of showing how others view her.  It was aimed at her, not everyone else, so that she would know she was unpopular with us without us having to tell her to her face (I dislike confrontation, myself.)
I am the almighty emissary of fire...  the Mars Adept Kioll.  Oh, and did I mention that I'll see you long before you see me?

Misery

Quote from: Kioll on 03, January, 2014, 09:51:32 AM
No offense, Misery, but the reputation system is a way of showing how others view her.  It was aimed at her, not everyone else, so that she would know she was unpopular with us without us having to tell her to her face (I dislike confrontation, myself.)
No, that's just harassment, and clearly abuse of the reputation system. The reason you vote up or down individual posts is so you can show your approval or disapproval of the content of these posts.
And no offense taken.

It's not that I don't see where you're coming from, as Role has often failed to consider that others don't necessarily hold the same interests as her. I guess what I'm saying is, don't be a hater.

Thunder-squall

It's really cool to see two clear and contrasting approaches. Role seems like someone who liked giving advice so much, she eventually got carried away with it.  Was she a good critic or a lazy critic (i.e. confusing negativity with criticism)? 

Why -255? Some sort of coding or stat reference? It reminds me of some RGB (red green blue) color coding stuff, where red, green, and blue can have values from 0 to 255.

Misery

Quote from: Thunder-squall on 03, January, 2014, 03:32:00 PM
Role seems like someone who liked giving advice so much, she eventually got carried away with it. 
Well, that sounds about right.

Kioll

She was hyper-critical (everything had to be just right; i.e. her way).  As for why -255?  255 is the largest number that can be held in a binary byte (8 0's and 1's...  if 00000000 is 0, 11111111 is 255).  So yes, because of significance.

Thunder-squall

So what's she working on right now?  Has she ever successfully led a team?  I mean clearly she's got drive, and she's no slouch.  There must be some context in which she was successful, or at least not destructive.

Thunder-squall

Do people also use this thread to announce that they've returned?  i.e. should I say "welcome back, Jamie the Flame User?"

I assume yes. I took a look at the first page of this topic. Salanewt asked if the topic was also for returns, but since no one answered, we can go ahead and say 'yes'.

And with that...

WELCOME BACK JAMIE!!!

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Lord Wolfram

Hmm things are going all of sudden.
:fury:
:Saturos: Dam'n it!
Okay fellows I am out for a week!
And yes my lord Misery Don't be a zombie but a stronger creature a vampire.[spoiler]Don't get it wrong![/spoiler]
Anyways see ya after oneweek.

Luna_blade

Quote from: Saturos on 19, July, 2014, 01:12:46 PM
Hmm things are going all of sudden.
:fury:
:Saturos: Dam'n it!
Okay fellows I am out for a week!
And yes my lord Misery Don't be a zombie but a stronger creature a vampire.[spoiler]Don't get it wrong![/spoiler]
Anyways see ya after oneweek.

I'll be away for a week as well. (although my posting and progress was really low last two months.)

*avatar dissapears, account logs out. :Unknown:
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

leaf

Going to be away for a week starting tomorrow. Dunno if I'll have net access, but I'll have my laptop with me, so I'll still be able to work on editing for the summon night project during the downtime. Don't think I've forgotten about you guys if I don't post for a little while, 'k?
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Luna_blade

"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"