Golden Sun Hacking Community
January 17, 2018, 06:57:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay Marriage: Thoughts?  (Read 3714 times)
Fox
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 28

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 04:38:49 AM »

Okay then, maybe it's just a religion thing that was placed in order to *try* to make life easier? ; Maybe they thought men were to take care of women, so women didn't have to work? In a woman x woman relationship, one has to get their money somewhere... ; Speaking of, why won't the Gov't add women to Drafts?

If I remember correctly, Catholic priests don't get married. (Why are Catholic Priests unable to marry, anyway?)

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

May the force be with you!
Shoo! Why does it smell in here?
Maybe that's the wrong kind of force. *smirk*
View Profile
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 05:01:56 AM »

Neutral That depends on who, what, when where, and why.  Example: A large country that has plenty of people would probably care less about opposing gay marriage than a small isolated tribe.

Neutral That type of majority rule mentality has played a big role in history for better or worse.  Making people think you have the majority on your side can be just as effective.  Sometimes the majority is just the loudest voice above the crowd when the true majority doesn't shout loud enough.  A little off subject, but something to consider.

Neutral To some it is, to others it isn't, and then there are those who would prefer not to pick either side.  The way people adjust to it may be a bigger concern.  Here's a story that is somewhat relevant.  http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/calif-governor-says-boys-can-use-girls-bathrooms.html

Exactly.  It might make sense in some situations.  If you lived in one of those isolated tribes, and the population was on the decline it might be a really bad thing to have couples that aren't producing children.  This is why I gave you questions instead of answers.  I think it's obvious from the direction I went that I do support gay marriage, but there are situations where those questions have different answers.  I might not even have the correct answers, there's a bigger picture that needs to be looked at.

That link you posted is an EXCELLENT example.  People hear that boys can use girls bathrooms and immediately freak out wondering what the hell their politicians are thinking, but what about situations like in the video below?

I don't see the grandfather as being close minded for bringing up that point either, it is a valid question worth asking.  Can this child be sure enough at such a young age to choose not to go through puberty as a boy?  Should they be allowed to?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:21:31 AM by Atrius » Logged

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW

Coins: 0

I am: reading.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 06:18:15 AM »

That link you posted is an EXCELLENT example.  People hear that boys can use girls bathrooms and immediately freak out wondering what the hell their politicians are thinking, but what about situations like in the video below?

I don't see the grandfather as being close minded for bringing up that point either, it is a valid question worth asking.  Can this child be sure enough at such a young age to choose not to go through puberty as a boy?  Should they be allowed to?

Neutral Surely you know how bad some students can get at school.  To note a few possible consequences; There will probably be boys claiming to be transgender just so they can go cause trouble in the girls bathroom.  If this leads to a girl being harassed or assaulted the school would have to answer for it.  You also have to consider the fact that any staff members identifying as such could use the restroom of the opposite sex.  Legal issues, privacy issues, money money money... :P

Neutral  In rare cases people can be born with more than one X or Y chromosome.  The type of case that results in people being born with male and female parts can be very tricky since the parents can either choose what they want removed or let the child grow and get a better sense of self before having an operation done.  Doing it to early could actually result in the dominate parts being remove and waiting for the baby to reach school age or older could result in emotional trauma.  My Biology teacher brought that up in a conversation about genetics.
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 07:02:27 AM »

When you don't know if you are more a boy or more a girl.... Would it be wiser to assume boy? - Do women value bathroom privacy more than men?

EDIT:

What about children of single parents, don't they face the same issues?  These are things society needs to look at and think about.  There are many people out there that grew up without a mother, or a father figure already, it's not unprecedented.  Can we say it's bad for two men to raise a child without a woman, but it's okay for one man to raise a child without a woman?  What if that single man had a room mate that was also a man, but they weren't gay, would that change whether it was right or wrong?

Are we worried that same-sex couples will teach their children that same-sex marriage is the only way?  It will probably happen, but do we really believe that will be common?  Do we really believe these children won't learn otherwise from the rest of society, or will ALL same-sex couples shelter their children from society?
Let's look at yet another part of the picture. Although, it's not exactly about gay marriage, but... it may help with what Christianity might be thinking...

Homosexuality = sexual desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one's own sex.
Adultery = voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than his or her lawful spouse.
lust = intense sexual desire or appetite.

According to Christianity, these may be 'bad'. (But that doesn't mean sex is bad, I think Christianity thinks it's supposed to only be with your spouse... It does have those side-advantages of avoiding things like STDs and not 'cheating' on people.) And if I remember correctly, there was one point I believe I found out Christianity was also against divorce...? Strangely enough. It's probably to stay in line with the vowels, though.

So, I wonder if gay marriage and homosexuality are usually confused with each other...  or if they are in fact implied the same.  I still don't think I have all the pieces to the puzzle yet...

--
Also, this might be related to a bait and switch thingy, but until we know the detailed results of taking the bait, we might not know... It's probably thought to be some form of death. (Not physical death, necessarily... .. an example of a 'death' could be losing someone's friendship.) (The idea of the bait thing is coming from  Kerry Shook's sermon on Adultery.)

Example:  I give you 12 donuts, and you want them. If you eat them, you might die of a heart attack. ; Even though those donuts could be somewhat deadly, I don't think I'd ban them (So we can have freewill.), and instead, would likely imply that no one eats them. (If we knew of the possible dangers.)

So all those illegal drugs... I'd probably not ban them unless certain conditions applied. (Like having enough people wanting it banned, with evidence of how bad such a drug is...) There's one theory that all things in life may have a good purpose for something (Even if it's not for us), soo...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:45:01 AM by Teawater » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Remember kids! Before you go on that interview, remember to wash your hands in teawater! *Coughs on hand* (Excuse me, I just coughed up a little teawater, so they're still clean!) You wouldn't want that hiring manager to be unimpressed.

View Profile
Thunder-squall
Mercury Clan

Great Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 11:30:49 PM »

This is the last topic on my "to respond to" list, but frankly, it seems you guys purposely tried to switch the topic from gay marriage and homosexuality to gender-issues, is that right?
View Profile
Fox
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 12:17:58 AM »

Switching? Or just making the topic cover more general details rather than being too specific?  I believe the gender-issues were to support their opinion on Gay Marriage.

I didn't put much thought into this when I first created the topic, but there's always a possibility in including other very related topics into this topic...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:15:30 AM by Teawater » Logged

View Profile
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Yesterday at 08:44:56 PM
Fox: I must say... life can be complicated..... when you have question(s) (via email) ... and it seems like they sort of get ignored. :D ; Fun, (And sometimes, a person may respond, and completely not answer the question.... so like... 3-person conversation.) Hahahaha!!
January 15, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Fox: (path) 1 text=(address) char=(address) free=(address) ; << Well, closer to this... but yeah... even if I do choose to have defaults in the code, I could still use this method for overrides.
January 15, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Fox: So like (path) 0 text=(address) char=(address) len=(number) ; (path) 1 free=(address) ; Or something. But that's just a quick example.
January 15, 2018, 06:59:14 PM
Fox: Hopefully. I was wanting to make it so you could put in the addresses/etc. as one of the arguments in the path. Hm?
January 15, 2018, 03:37:07 PM
KyleRunner: Nice! I hope you'll add compatibility with others games (GS1, Mario Golf and Tennis) soon.
January 14, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
Fox: Okay. Posted (in Downloads section) an initial cutdown version for now, for my text compressor. Basically to separate the code from my Editor for anyone who wants to mess with it. It only supports GS2, because I still didn't add the addresses/etc. for the other games.
January 14, 2018, 05:01:00 PM
Fox: Okay! Going to need to think how I want it to work. Initial thoughts is maybe have a number of arguments in the filepath thing. And have a number of shortcuts (files) to be used as examples. Assuming there are no problems.
January 14, 2018, 10:38:24 AM
KyleRunner: Well... I'm used to editing text ina a text editor, so... yes! Thanks in advance!
January 13, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Fox: (Text editor = Text Document like notepad.)
January 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM
Fox: Would you prefer during the text editing in a text editor? (Like what gstoolkit lets you do?) I could probably make a separate tool or something to compress it.
January 13, 2018, 10:10:02 PM
KyleRunner: Ok. Once I finish my Lost Age translation, I'll try a Mario Golf one. Thanks. (But I'll need help).
January 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Fox: If you want to make it "permanent" (part of a hack), then you'd edit code in the ROM that writes to this location of the IDs you'd want to change. (You can find these locations by using a breakpoint debugger like SDL-H or no$gba.)
January 13, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Fox: Reload/switch = Recommended to be done through Debug mode/warp menu, ofcourse... since doors seem to appear as if they were disabled? ; 03001238:01 and B+Start to get to warp menu.
January 13, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Fox: @Kyle Runner = It might be, but you'd have to use the correct addresses for Mario Golf, rather than for GS2 as I have it right now. ; @raijinken = Yes. 02000454 = ID of leader. (Change this and reload/switch room you are in, enjoy.)
January 13, 2018, 02:23:29 PM
raijinken: Hey guys, is it possible to somehow change the lead character on the map? Was wondering. I remember there was a cheat to use Jenna, but what if I wanted Isaac, or Piers?
January 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, Fox *
January 13, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
KyleRunner: Hey, is your text editor compatible with Mario Golf (GBA)?
January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM
Fox: But if it isn't an oversight, I still can't imagine it being that useful.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
Fox: part, ofcourse.
January 11, 2018, 08:28:15 PM
Fox: 0200274C = Hmm... Stuff happens here when you use Cyclone around bushes. (These cause tile replacements, and setting event 0 to those tiles.) - And I guess this kept here so it can be scanned after battle. (To re-update the map.) So here is my fun thought (assuming if it is even possible, or even convenient if so.) ... Are there any events from other maps that could be disabled do to using Cyclone on bushes + Retreat glitch? I'll need to do some testing to make sure this isn't an oversight on my

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise