News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Bitcoin

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 15, March, 2014, 12:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried Bitcoin, a digital currency that seems convertable to US Dollars, and maybe even other currencies? (Not sure.) I think it has potential to be added as a payment method for online stores and what other... Another advantage is that you can get your own Bitcoin Wallet "anonymously."

There may be many websites that offer Bitcoin wallets. I have looked at a couple of them, but haven't decided which ones were good.

One of those places is Coinbase: coinbase.com/?r=5322d9f3e8a1839719000130&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link

(Or you can just go to the site directly: coinbase.com ; But why waste up an opportunity to randomly sign up as a referral ... since you got nothing to lose. Either way, it doesn't matter.)

Quote from: CoinbaseFor every friend you invite to Coinbase, we'll send both you and them $5 worth of bitcoin when they complete a buy or sell of at least $100!
^Although, I'm not sure if that is for a single item, transaction, or total. ; If it is item or transaction, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference?

--
There may be ways to get bitcoins for free, but usually the amount is so small that it's better to get a real job. - But there's still a very very tiny chance you could "win good" on some "gambling" things... I quote "gambling" because there's at least one where you can "roll" a number, without having to spend any bitcoins.

Theory:  Also, I don't think I recommend actually buying Bitcoins with U.S. Dollars because the value of Bitcoins probably decreases fast? ; Although, even U.S. Dollars may have a 2% increased yearly inflation rate already... so..

--
By the way, for those who are doing stuff with money online: I strongly recommend using multiple usernames or passwords. Example:  Atleast 2 unique passwords: One for trusted money sources & email, and the other for all other sites.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

Haven't used it, but it's been talked about lately, between the founder maybe being outed by News Week, and the whole Silk Road thing.  Twit.TV has some podcast episodes focused on Bitcoin mining, and it's cool, but setting up a 'mining rig' is pretty expensive.  If you want Bitcoin, accept them as payment for stuff.

mickbrown

Bought my first 2.19 bitcoins a few days ago. Used it to purchase some books. Far as currency goes... it's really weird to wrap your head around. Like, instead of thinking of "money," you're thinking this is a proxy.

Thunder-squall

Well I guess all fiat money is technically a proxy.