News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun Minecraft (its happening!) [but I need help]

Started by Dullahan1116, 25, March, 2014, 12:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dullahan1116

So I have restarted and am looking for people to help me make structures in minecraft.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

-Unfortunately, I have maybe a tiny bit of experience with Java.  (Mostly what I was doing in my newest editor/viewer months back.)
-I have once played a pirated version of MineCraft (Probably for less than a day? Can't remember.), but I decided not to beat it, and  I never hacked/modded it, either. From what I can tell, it is a good sandbox program, though.
-I have a desire on keeping an eye on this Mod, but don't quite have a high-enough desire to work with it, yet.

-Art: I might not be the person for this. However, I do know a little bit about music, and have even learned to play many songs on the piano. (Not to mention, I did experiment with making a few short tunes of my own in the past.) I doubt this would be of any use for sounds in the MineCraft Mod, though.
-That sounds like something everyone can do!

-Psynergy: If you do Scoop, are you planning on being able to obtain a random item from the ground at random times?  (Like how it is in the GBA games, anyway... atleast for TLA, anyhow.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Dullahan1116

Note: I am going to edit the OP to put focus on the thinking part. While I do need art, sound, and maybe some coding. What is most pertinent right now is your brains :P

But really, I need people to help me brainstorm for this mod. (And to get news out to other Golden Sun sites)
On the topic of brainstorming,

@Teawater:
-Unfortunately... : meh :P
-I have once... : so you understand what MC is :)
-I have a... : That's fine!
-Art... : meh :P

-Psynergy:... : (see the space here ^ :P ) This is the sort of useful discussion I need to get my brain moving. Anyway, I probably will NOT add Scoop to GS MineCraft. Too much digging in the game for it to make sense ^.^;

Well, Scoop maybe could make minor sense if you could find creative ways to use it? Examples include possible cave-ins (If I remember, the Scorpion boss in one of the Deserts.), or water coming out of the ground like that one time in GS2...  But it might not be necessary for the Mod.

Lift could lift a block onto another block.
Parch could evaporate water. (Which I believe also melts ice pillars? But I can't remember.)
Pound could pound pillars down so you can open up new paths.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Dullahan1116

Wow, you just solved one of my problems!

(I forgot Parch nixed Ice Pillars!)

Parch is now set to Required!

*Tests in-game to double check.*

Well, it gets rid of the puddle... but no luck with it when it's a pillar... Hm..

I thought there was a way to melt ice pillars, but oh well... maybe it wasn't a psynergy, though.

I do have a question, though... Couldn't you set some tile scripts to auto melt ice pillars when you walk on them? (For example, the area where you first enter the room.) I wouldn't know since I haven't modded MineCraft, like I said.

By the way, this topic would fit best in Creative Works. (Or, General Golden Sun.) Since this topic has little to do about hacking...

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Dullahan1116

The pillars you see in the video ARE 'scripted' to melt after ~30 seconds [It just caused a TON of lag], I have since then nixed that functionality.

Also, who says I have to do this mod EXACTLY like Golden Sun? Current plans for Parch are to change Frost Pillars into Frost Puddles :)

updated OP.

Luna_blade

Okay, first of all I have played minecraft, but I stopped after like version 1.3 and started playing around version 1.2 beta. I didn't really like were it was going, and the new features and functions didn't encourage me to play any longer.

BUT, I really like what you're doing here Eli.  :happy:
My brother would like to help with testing (and I could perhaps help testing too) if that's possible.

I also got some ideas for the mod:

• Weapons/artifacts
  • Those tiles in Venus Lighthouse (the one that form an energy circuit. I guess you can easily add that with redstone, you only have to make the pushable blocks)
  • Class system? (I don't know how easily this could be implemented be it would be cool if the player could choose at each level up what kind of class he/she wants)
  • That brings me the this point: Battle Psyenergy. Which I guess especially the animations will take a long while to make.
  • Enemies/Djinni's
That's all I could come up for now. I hope it helps.

Oh and if you want, I can make some textures and things, if you tell me what you need. Do note that I take a LONG time to make those things sometimes.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Dullahan1116

About the testing: read the bottom of this post.

• Traditional GS Items
(Eventually. Not a priority now, also, weapons are not going to be as big of a deal.)

• Venus Lighthouse Conduit Tiles
(Easy to do. A very good chance I will do something like this.)

• Class system
(I do not see this happening in the original sense. Perhaps something similar will arise......)

• Battle Psynergy
(Going to happen. Not a Priority now)

• Enemies
(Going to happen. Not a Priority now)

• Djinni's
(I'm still working on this one....)

Testing: You might (or might not) know Robert Joe. I am pretty sure he is a member here. Anyway, he happens to have a router that can be port forwarded (I do not :( ) and I am working with him this mod.

Anyway, I am hoping to have this Saturday be a testing day. sometime between 2pm-10pm [CST]

(note: In order to test this you will need a legit copy of MineCraft :/)
[this mod is for the most recent forge]

Luna_blade

Oh, Robert Joe. I guess I saw him here http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2286.0

I got a legit Minecraft account, donĀ“t worry.
In which version of Mincraft runs the version and what is the IP of the server?
And were can I download the mod itself. A google search yielded no results for me.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Dullahan1116

Deleted this post

Dullahan1116

Luna_blade

Okay Eli thank you.

If the server is aired I will very probably be there to test.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Dullahan1116

Quote from: Luna_blade on 29, March, 2014, 02:56:03 PM
Okay Eli thank you.

If the server is aired I will very probably be there to test.

Okay, well currently RJ and I are on Teamspeak
Teamspeak Server Address: 108.174.62.146:9992 (no Password)
Robert Joe and I are in the channel named Public under No Guts No Galaxy.

Robert Joe made a Teamspeak Server!!!!

Teamspeak Server Address: 108.88.84.136 (no password)

He is setting up the server right now.

Luna_blade

What do I have to do?
I can't connect to the IP you gave me, and I don't have teamspeak.
At least I got the mod working properly!
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Dullahan1116

The address I gave you is for teamspeak :P

Robert Joe is having issues with his server. I'm doing a bug fix to try to help.

edit: if you join teamspeak, which I recommend, join this address, (RJ can't connect to his own server -_-; [I can though])
:108.174.62.146:9992

Dullahan1116

Note I had to update the mod, here is the new link: Link

Robert Joe is *still* having some server issues. Sorry. (for some reason the server started Vanilla [I really need to figure out a different solution for this])

Dullahan1116

Luna_blade

here you go, the crash report as i stated it can be the mod or my shitty PC
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Dullahan1116

It indeed was a bug with my code :D (the bug had to do with an even that called when you fell a large enough distance to hurt yourself)

(I have removed that code because I do not want that code :) )