News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Social Network Banking

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 15, April, 2014, 11:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yes, seems so. Atleast be glad those big data analysis can't put you in jail like the Gov't can. (Then again, the Gov't does seem to be in cahoots with big data analysis. At least in one way.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

Quote from: Teawater on 20, April, 2014, 03:13:42 AM
Yes, seems so. Atleast be glad those big data analysis can't put you in jail like the Gov't can. (Then again, the Gov't does seem to be in cahoots with big data analysis. At least in one way.)

Wut?  Why do you distrust the government so much?

(and obviously anyone, including the government, can use big data analysis)
(and obviously the government is used to secure freedoms more often than it's used to take them away)

@Trusting Gov't:  I feel both ways, actually. There's a lot of good things about the Gov't, but I guess I sometimes stray into exaggerating what could potentially be bad...? Or should I say risky? Even when there's very little risk.

(That's why we need privacy advocates suing  to help clean things up a bit... when possible. ; My post was assuming the Gov't would have access to things the public may not have due to limitations of Privacy rights... etc.)
(Correct. Proven by Innocent Till Proven Guilty.)

---

All this conversation is like tangled spaghetti.. meh.. I try to untangle it, but it tangles more... And then there are those that cut their spaghetti.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

One way to deal with an uncertain future is to do what "futurists" do, and break it down into scenarios, and then treat each scenario as a concrete reality.  This is also what sciFi or thriller novels do.  They pick one hypothetical, treat it as actual, and then explore the a single possibility that extends from it.

The same way, if this thread is like spaghetti, we need to slurp up one spaghetti string at a time.  If we go one by one, then eventually we won't have anything tangled anymore.

-I like that, except, don't you also need a group of people with experience on the subject matter?

-What if it takes years? We'll just leave the spaghetti the way it is because the work versus the value isn't good enough to bother.?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Thunder-squall

Quote from: Teawater on 21, April, 2014, 01:28:11 AM
-I like that, except, don't you also need a group of people with experience on the subject matter?

-What if it takes years? We'll just leave the spaghetti the way it is because the work versus the value isn't good enough to bother.?

You oppose things too much.

#1 is saying that I'm not sure if I can do it alone.

Think of #2 as like many discussions we've had that just simply cannot be answered.... ; Oh, you're for the journey... Then nevermind, then...

---
@oppose: In that post, I'm not so sure I disagreed with anything you said... Since I'm mostly questioning you with room for doubt, not actually sticking to a side. (In that post, anyway.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Thunder-squall

Quote from: Teawater on 21, April, 2014, 01:38:46 AM
... Since I'm mostly questioning you with room for doubt, not actually sticking to a side. (In that post, anyway.)

What are the two different sides?

Whether we should slurp spaghetti or not.

More off-topic:
Now, should I post a song I found? Well, why not... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itvvFfeLh84 - Now it's for you to decide if you want a catchy tune in your head or not. (I actually thought it was cute in a hilarious way, but then having a catchy tune in your head could get annoying..)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Thunder-squall

I'm not really a random sort of guy.  Maybe someone else will?

Or maybe no one else will? Hmm...

I think Google has already gone into banking... I'm reading something about Google Wallet... but I never knew they were doing that...
To get the Google Wallet Card, you need to verify your identity... this includes last 4 digits of SSN.

--

May I ask why this topic was moved to Open Discussion...?  I'm not saying it's the wrong place or not, but it might help me with figuring out where future topics go.

Quote from: Difference between Open and Entertainment discussion - by Charon ( http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=472.0 )
I have had to move several topics that have been placed in this section that should be placed in the Entertainment section. Here is a list of things that should be posted in the Entertainment section:
-movies and television
-books
-graphic novels (but NOT just art; if you want to discuss a graphic novel artist`s non-graphic novel works, you may post them in this section)
-games
-music
-anything pertaining to foreign entertainment culture such as manga or anime
-actors, musicians, authors or graphic novel artists
-anything to do with computers, their accessories or the Internet (exception: Youtube thread)
-any debate pertaining to the above subjects.

Anything that does not pertain to the above topics may be included in this section. Anything pertaining to the Golden Sun franchise should go in its cooresponding section.
(Same question for the other topic that was moved, since it was practically advertising annualcreditreport website, but to me, that topic was harder to place, so I'll probably ignore the fact it was moved.)
I think we need a better way of organizing these three forums: Open discussion, Entertainment, and Debates... (Notice how debates on Entertainment fit in two sections when looking at the last bullet. An example of such a topic is already in Debates: Xp or Vista)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Raingerred

Quote from: Teawater on 18, April, 2014, 02:15:28 PM
QuoteFacebook is already used for verification, and people already pay each other for comments and posts.
Why am I always vague? I mean:

-Yes, I know Facebook has verification by phone... But to me, that's not really verifying your name? (Or is it?) What I meant was whether credit cards, SSNs, debit/bank account be put into the Verification process... and to what limits it will be required.

-Yeah, that's pretty obvious, but I meant if it will be easily done without having to gather any other data. (Which I bet is a yes.) (For example, can you only give money to your friends? Although, I would think that Businesses coud count to... But Individual friendless profiles, maybe as well...)
Yes I am agree Facebook should verify every user account with their any identity not only with phone number.

Verifying by phone number:
1.) Not sure if that works or not when you consider people can just get a second number and change it as many times as they want... (Or do they have a way of looking up their name through the phone number? If they do, do the people assigning names to them actually require real name usage? Or would they take any old nickname? - Just asking because I don't have a personal phone number.)
2.) Not everyone has a personal phone number. If two people share a number. (Like husband and wife.) That doesn't help much, either.

As for verifying if people are using real names or not? Can't say if I'd like to see it done or not... (Maybe as an optional thing, at the very least?) Perhaps they should do what LinkedIn does and allow you to go with First Name - Last Initial for non-friends? Hm..

Although, I could assume your verified friends word could be one method of verification? (Not in full verification, probably... but... think about friend requests by you being accepted, friend requests others make to you, and how a group of people may be related from sources like location, etc.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden