News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Feature Refining Thread

Started by Rolina, 18, May, 2009, 05:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Any chance in a full screen mode? or is it out of the question

Atrius (He/Him)

Although it's hardly ideal, F4 puts it into fullscreen.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Well i,ll be dammed, that suits me down to the ground,  my eyes get sore trying to read whilst small text (i prob need glasses)

Clara Vita (she/her/hers)

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

Can you find the point at which I came out as trans? lmfao

Rolina

Garet can NEVER have as low of a speed as he's supposed to have, the game always gives him at least three at level up, meaning that with 100% Anti-perfect levels, he's STILL way higher than the target.  It's the opposite with his defense - even with 100% Perfect level ups, it is impossible to actually reach his target defense - the target at level 99 is what, five higher than the max possible?

This has nothing to do with refining features, however.  This is something that needs a patch to correct it.  As for your issues with the HP cap, I'm sure that in a future version of the editor, Atrius will have a stat cap modifier, so we can alter the stat caps up to the max possible level for the type of data value they have.

purge
Anemos Alchemist -> Spirit of the Dawn -> Lord Claros Flamestrike -> Clara Vitalia -> Clara Vita

i_am_isaac

This one is serious there is also a problem in the enemy group editor:

Actually this one will really ruin a day. If you change the leader in a group (that's the first enemy in a group)
           the previous enemy group leader will also change. Examle enemy group 1 has a leader of wild wolf if you change
           the leader in grou 2 into ruffian the leader also of grou 1 will be change into ruffian.

Maybe its nice to fix this because editing enemy groups will be difficult with this.

Also some abilities have the same name like gale(djinn) and gale(psynergy)
Maybe its nice to put (psy) in some abilities or other marks to make editing easy and can reduce error in hacking.
Tsk... college life is nice...

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: i_am_isaac on 23, May, 2010, 11:34:23 PMIf you change the leader in a group (that's the first enemy in a group) the previous enemy group leader will also change. Examle enemy group 1 has a leader of wild wolf if you change the leader in grou 2 into ruffian the leader also of grou 1 will be change into ruffian.

Maybe its nice to fix this because editing enemy groups will be difficult with this.

Weird, I never noticed that before.  I'll look into it.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

purge

Rolina

Either way, isn't this the wrong thread?  This is for making existing features easier to use, such as suggesting a sort feature, to sort existing enemies by various stats.

Basically, for enemies, you'd have:

Sort by:  Index Number, Level, HP, PP, Attack, Defense, Agility, Luck, etc..
and then:  Ascending, Descending

This makes things easier to look up.  Same for Items:

Sort by:  Index Number, Item Type, Attack, Defense

THIS is feature refining.  It has nothing to do with reporting possible errors, there's a thread for that.  As for issues with the game itself, that what you make threads for...

i_am_isaac

Aw sorry then how about the ability names?
Some of them have the same name like gale (there are two of them, the psynergy and the djinn effect) maybe we can put something besides the ability name to make it easy to distinguish those with the same ability name while editing.
Tsk... college life is nice...

Atrius (He/Him)

One of them is surrounded by other Djinni abilties isn't it?  Hmm...  I can probably come up with something, but it wouldn't do to have them always labeled as such if someone did a complete hack of the game, and they weren't used that way anymore.

Sorting lists will require quite a bit of work, someone had mentioned it before, but it's fairly low on my list of priorities.

Rolina

Really?  I'd assume that it'd just change the order that they're displayed, and if for some reason they got out of order (via editing), you'd just need to resort them again.  The index number of them stays with the item, so if you were to sort descending by attack, it'd go:

275 Darksword
10  Sol Blade
276 Excalubur
293 Tisiphone Edge
etc..

For ties, it goes by index number.

Atrius (He/Him)

As if the computer natively knows how to do all that.  I have to step it through the entire process as though it doesn't understand anything.

Me: "Just sort them in descending order"
Computer: "How do I do that?"
Me: "Check one value is lower than another, then move it below it"
Computer: "How do I do that?"
Me: "take byte 1 from location A, and byte 2 from location B and compare them"
Computer: "Oh, then if byte 1 is less how do I move them?"
Me: "Write byte 1 at location B, and byte 2 at location A"
Computer: "Oh, but wait, if I write byte 1 at location B where byte 2 is then I'll overwrite it, how can I write it to location A if I don't have it anymore?"
Me: *facepalm*

And that's the easy part really, there's a lot of other behind the scenes infrastructure that goes into sorting lists as well.  The main concerning is getting the data necessary to the list system in way that's compatible with all of the features of the editor since everything is stored in different formats.

Rolina

Odd... I'd assumed that since this kinda thing is something that I was taught in Comp. Sci II back in high school that it would be on the easier end of things...  Guess it's a bit more complicated than I remember...

Of course, if I could actually remember how to do it, that'd be QUITE helpful as well, but sadly I'm so out of practice I'd be surprised if I can remember the beginner's "hello world" prompt... T-T

Atrius (He/Him)

Sorting lists in and of itself is fairly easy.  It's when you have to pump mixed data formats into those sorting algorithms from various places where things get a bit tricky.  I mean, it's not on the same level of tricky as the automatic data repointer or anything like that, but it's mostly a nicety, and I'd rather focus on more important things at the moment.

Rolina

Well, niceties are the whole POINT of this thread, atrius! XD

To make streamline things and make them easier to use - but they're not necessities.  That'd be Error Fixes (see:  Error Reporting thread) and Main Updates (see the Feature Preview thread)

Aile~♥

It seems that the flag that marks an item as "rare" isn't the one that makes it an "artifact", meaning that it's currently impossible to make an actual "artifact" item.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

One problem - first, the mouseclick response.  I click on nothing and move down to OK, and it says I clicked on Clay Spire.  Totally annoying - I have to stay over the option for a bit for it to realize that's the one I clicked.  Some faster response time would be nice.

Second, better keyboard support.  It'd almost be easier if I were to type in which ability I wanted, and it had a suggestion box similar to google showing up as I typed.

Third, the class multipliers.  The interface needs to be changed alot.  Since they behave like multipliers, typing in 7 would be recognized as 70, and 30 as 300.  Once the 10x Multiplier Removal patch is in, we'd actually type in 75 for 75% multiplier, etc...

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Role on 15, January, 2011, 08:37:08 PM
One problem - first, the mouseclick response.  I click on nothing and move down to OK, and it says I clicked on Clay Spire.  Totally annoying - I have to stay over the option for a bit for it to realize that's the one I clicked.  Some faster response time would be nice.
What's the number at the top right beside the red cross-hairish circle thingy say?  Do items in lists highlight as you move the mouse over them, or is there a delay?  What are your computer's specs?

Quote from: Role on 15, January, 2011, 08:37:08 PMSecond, better keyboard support.  It'd almost be easier if I were to type in which ability I wanted, and it had a suggestion box similar to google showing up as I typed.
Like what the search box already does?

Quote from: Role on 15, January, 2011, 08:37:08 PMThird, the class multipliers.  The interface needs to be changed alot.  Since they behave like multipliers, typing in 7 would be recognized as 70, and 30 as 300.  Once the 10x Multiplier Removal patch is in, we'd actually type in 75 for 75% multiplier, etc...
"Once the 10X Multiplier Removal patch is in" being the key phrase there.