News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Site Name

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 21, April, 2014, 05:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Heh.  Why do you hate GSOS?  How does it sound horrible?

Me asking questions like you do with me.

P.S = As long as it's not a curse word or something else with a bad meaning, I'm fine with any acronym...
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Thunder-squall

It sounds like an operating system.  "Golden Sun: Open Sky" sounds like a future.

Rolina

Well, considering we use the Golden Sun Editor, wouldn't the Golden Sun Editing Community give off the same general impression?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

That could work.

Golden Sun Hacking
Golden Sun Hacker

Golden Sun Editing
Golden Sun Editor

If we ripped everything from the Golden Sun games, we could even consider names like Golden Sun Resource Center, possibly.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Considering how much editing we actually do, Resource Center may actually be a better idea.  Good one.

Crystal Sonata

I think Open Sky is a pretty good one. Golden Sun Editing Community also hits a similar area.

I like them both, but I like Open Sky (GSOS) slightly better.

(In other words, my creativity is running a little low from game development. I've got no other ideas)
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Thunder-squall

Quote from: Rolina on 26, April, 2014, 09:36:41 PM
Well, considering we use the Golden Sun Editor, wouldn't the Golden Sun Editing Community give off the same general impression?

How many of us actually use the editor?

Rolina

Quote from: Thunder-squall on 27, April, 2014, 06:41:28 PM
Quote from: Rolina on 26, April, 2014, 09:36:41 PM

How many of us actually use the editor for editing?
Fixed that for ya.  It's a great data viewer. ;)

Wolf

How about Golden Sun Modding Community?  GSMC

The word "editing" sounds stale.

charon the ferryman

Come on, we don't need a new name. Anyone interested in modding Golden Sun will either search "modding" or "hacking", and hacking is the usual, accepted term when it comes to GBA. In fact, the term "hacking" means "slightly modifying things to see how it works differently" which is more applicable to the reverse-engineering that comes along with GBA hacking, as opposed to modding, which is usually just modifying something that is visible or accessible without having to crack anything about it.

Also, anyone who genuinely thinks that we are "hacking" into anything besides the ROM of a game probably wouldn't have interest in this site anyhow, and if they did, we can clearly explain the difference.

FrozenWrath

What the Flashy God of Death said!