News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Should we help Joao?

Started by Luna_blade, 26, April, 2014, 03:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, for the people who are in the DC revival project, should we help Joao or continue on our own?

I want to help Joao
1 (33.3%)
I want the project to be made by us
1 (33.3%)
Other (leave post)
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Thunder-squall

Quote from: Rolina on 28, April, 2014, 08:18:22 PM

Don't expect any custom formulas out of this, though - the goal is a strict "exactly how GS does it", so any balancing that could be done shouldn't be done.  Leave that for community edits of the game, should we be given the green light to do them.

I agree that recreating GS#1 is a good, stable idea, and having a stable mission like that might be a good way to contain or conserve people's creative energies.  If that's what we're talking about, I can think of no objections.

Rolina

Nice, so we have the effect recovery formula?  Now if we can only figure out the infliction rate...

Also, what does turns refer to?  Turns inflicted, or turns remaining?

jjppof

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

@Rolina: I think it was turns remaining, if I remember correctly.

For example, say if someone casted Sleep on you... The value of how many Turns sleep would last for gets put in the character's RAM. Each turn that decrements until it reaches 0, or until you randomly recover. (Which is that formula.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

KyleRunner

Any chance some of you know to work with custom tileset? We need to start remaking the World Map.

I've already riped all mountains and terrain types graphics. We already have all locations tiles...

We need:
1) Water animation tiles (sea and rivers).
2) A way to recreate that coastal line by the oceans.
3) Trees tiles (I've tryed, but they are SO small...)

jjppof

The only thing I used from here till now was damage formulas that Rolina sent to me. Now Rolina is teaching me about elemental level, I don't know anything about it. After elemental buffs, lvl is what I'm gonna take.
KyleRunner is making things for worldmap, soon I'll be using.
I'll be using too the calculations of recovering from an ailment from Teawater.
Just giving some credit. Any problem, just say.

KyleRunner

Quote from: jjppof on 02, May, 2014, 05:32:48 PM
The only thing I used from here till now was damage formulas that Rolina sent to me. Now Rolina is teaching me about elemental level, I don't know anything about it. After elemental buffs, lvl is what I'm gonna take.
KyleRunner is making things for worldmap, soon I'll be using.
I'll be using too the calculations of recovering from an ailment from Teawater.
Just giving some credit. Any problem, just say.

It seems I'm on the right track!

I'll soon have the tools to create the entire World!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

@J: You are welcome. Although, you should probably note that if you have more than 5 turns left on an ailment, the formula is canceled until it gets down to 5 or less.

The formula is small and I have made a vague image tut. (It's one function.) http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/charleysdrpepper/ailmentrecovery_zps25eb4eb2.png (You may ignore this.)

Pretty much, there's an End Of Round Function that calls each of the ailment recovering functions.(Pretty much a turn decrementor for each ailment.) Those functions call this function.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

@Kyle:  Are the only coast options you have right-angle coast options?  If you need, we can hunt down other angles for you to use in those tiles.

jjppof

KyleRunner

Quote from: Rolina on 04, May, 2014, 01:33:46 PM
@Kyle:  Are the only coast options you have right-angle coast options?  If you need, we can hunt down other angles for you to use in those tiles.

Rolina, I would like some help.

But... getting diagonal autotiles to hork with VX ace...  I could only make it "square". I'm still trying, though.

Thunder-squall

Quote from: KyleRunner on 04, May, 2014, 05:29:38 PM

But... getting diagonal autotiles to hork with VX ace...  I could only make it "square". I'm still trying, though.

If you could post a test screen shot with a diamond shaped lake, I think that'll sort things out.

KyleRunner

Quote from: Thunder-squall on 04, May, 2014, 05:56:01 PM
Quote from: KyleRunner on 04, May, 2014, 05:29:38 PM
@Kyle:  Are the only coast options you have right-angle coast options?  If you need, we can hunt down other angles for you to use in those tiles.

But... getting diagonal autotiles to hork with VX ace...  I could only make it "square". I'm still trying, though.

If you could post a test screen shot with a diamond shaped lake, I think that'll sort things out.

I'll try to create a separate autotile for diagonal, but I still don't know if it will work. I'll attach my tile here, so you could give a hand.

Edit 1: i made some rushed autotile (second attach). It seems it can be done, but I hope someone with more skill can handle it.

Luna_blade

Quote from: Thunder-squall on 28, April, 2014, 03:15:28 PM
In practice, you have two options.

1. Identify what J hasn't done but needs to do, and then work on that.
2. Do whatever you want to do in order to make a GS game in RPG Maker.

The first is a perfectly good option.  
If you do the second (with no mind to the first), then there are two possible outcomes for option 2.

1. You'll end up working on something J hasn't worked on yet, but would have needed to do eventually.
2. You'll work on the same thing J's working on, and be able to geek out with him about how he's done stuff, and help him do it.

Those outcomes are just as good as the outcomes of the first option, with the added advantage that you'll also pursue the task with greater agency and gusto, since whatever you're working on, it'd be your first choice, rather than some compromise.

I should also point out that J's path is a lonely one -- Otherwise more people would have actually done what he did, rather than just talk about it.  If people specifically choose something to do that's not what J's doing, then we actively reduce the chance of more people like J coming about. And that makes J's path even lonelier.  This is another reason why I support option 2 rather than option 1.
Okay, I guess that wraps up the voting.

"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Luna_blade

@jjppof:
Could you reply me an example of:

• The best way to write down Monster stats?
  • The best way te write down shop item & prices?
I would like to send you some of these things to help you implement them. But I'd like to know if there is any handy way of writing it down. For example if I gave you this:
Armored Rat
HP 147
Att 193
Def 130
etc.

But there is a chance that you might need attacks first or something else, making this way of writing it down unhandy.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

Quote from: Luna_blade on 06, May, 2014, 05:18:01 AM
@jjppof:
Could you reply me an example of:

• The best way to write down Monster stats?
  • The best way te write down shop item & prices?
I would like to send you some of these things to help you implement them. But I'd like to know if there is any handy way of writing it down. For example if I gave you this:
Armored Rat
HP 147
Att 193
Def 130
etc.

But there is a chance that you might need attacks first or something else, making this way of writing it down unhandy.

About items, you don't need to worry. The only thing I need for items is icons without borders.
For enemies I'm filling the database just like the image:

In notes the tags means:
<level: x> level of the enemy
<turns: x> number of times per turn
<e-level y: x> element level of the element y with value x
<power y: x> power x of the element y
<resist y: x> resist x of the element y

For spells, just list the name with the cast chance. I have to understand how rpg maker treats the chance yet.. hahaha
Anything you think is missing, you can also list.

Any handy way for you, is a handy way for me. Thanks!

Luna_blade

I thank you for your quick reply!

And okay I'll post some enemy stats then and some equipment (about equipment I dind't mean sprites..).

(opps totally overlooked the obvious stat menu :happy:)

And how do you calculate the e-levels?
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

jjppof

Quote from: Luna_blade on 06, May, 2014, 10:26:31 AM
I thank you for your quick reply!

And okay I'll post some enemy stats then and some equipment (about equipment I dind't mean sprites..).

And does this mean that you don't use stats like attack and defence or are they also elements?
From what I gather: 1= :Unknown: 2= :Unknown: 3= Mars 4= :Venus 5= Jupiter 6= Mercury
I guess 1=Attack?
And how do you calculate the e-levels?

I already have all items uploaded. I just need sprites without borders.
I forgot this: in my case 4 is venus, 3 is mars, 5 is jupiter and 6 is mercury.
All the enemy stats I got from the gs editor.

Luna_blade

Quote from: jjppofI already have all items uploaded. I just need sprites without borders.
You mean all the numbers added to the game?

Well what I meant, is that I don't do sprites :um:

The editor has all the stats? Okay, I guess that's handy.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

KyleRunner

Fala aí, João!

I found a "custom resolution" script. It might be useful.

Link: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/3894-basic-window-resizer/

It works pretty well, by the way (see picture attached).

(Credits ==> V.M of D.T.)