News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Golden Sun Remake - RPG Maker VX

Started by jjppof, 26, April, 2014, 07:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjppof

Just a little stuff I'm trying to do on RPG Maker VX. Lot of work is needed yet.  :happy:
Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL31xsaV0Hu8b7mmlK36d-OXuH648XXx0I
:Felix: :VenusSet:

KyleRunner

For those who can't figure it out, he is - the - João.
And it seems he speaks english quite well.
I hope we can help you! And, of course, I hope you can help us!
Welcome!

Edit.: I'll use this post for storing all sprites/tiles/info I have to help with the project.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yes, he does seem to speak English quite well.
The project looks like it might have potential, but there might be a number of improvements that could be made. (Not saying you have to do them, but just giving suggestions.)

If any of these happen to not be possible, do note that I may lack experience with the RPG Maker.

-PCs look small, maybe we should "zoom into the map"?
Do you think "more character" & "less map" makes it easier to connect with the PC's adventure?
Here's one thought: When you are eating, the size of your plate can be a factor of how much food you appear to have. I think it's an illusion. The same type of illusion may work when you cut up your food and spread it across your plate. ; In this case, the "plate" represents the playing screen, and the "food" represents the area of interest.

-
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

If you can find a way to get the AoEs to work as they do in GS, feel free to let me know.  I've been having trouble figuring out the Ruby language, though not having much time out of work compared to a few years ago likely has a lot to do with that.

Edit:  If you've got skype, I'd love to speak with you.  I took a look at what you've done in that youtube vid, and it's quite good.  I was hoping that we could work together - I'm actually trying to work on an evolution of the battle system, so having a baseline to compare notes with would be great.

jjppof

Quote from: marikazaa on 07, August, 2014, 12:50:39 AM
I was extremely excited to hear the comments on this site.

visit this link:
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2395.msg42185#msg42185

In a month or two I'll get to work on the project again. I'm too busy right now in college attending some projects that are taking up all my free time.
But I didn't stop answering things  :happy:

Luna_blade

Quote from: jjppof on 07, August, 2014, 04:07:03 PM
visit this link:
http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2395.msg42185#msg42185

In a month or two I'll get to work on the project again. I'm too busy right now in college attending some projects that are taking up all my free time.
But I didn't stop answering things  :happy:
Good luck with your projects.
I'll be having my hands full of work again in a few days.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"